Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

7.2 new abomination model

the new model is up on wowhead

looks very nice

Given that it'll probably be used more than the ghoul, it was high time. Glad Blizzard did this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real question is whether it walks at an acceptable cadence or has to shuffle its feet at the speed of sound to move like the abom model does on live.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The real question is whether it walks at an acceptable cadence or has to shuffle its feet at the speed of sound to move like the abom model does on live.
    They won't have changed the bone rigging for it, just re-used it in the updated model. So expect it to move like it does currently.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    They won't have changed the bone rigging for it, just re-used it in the updated model. So expect it to move like it does currently.
    I'd argue that the fact that it has no run animation, and instead has to default to its walk animation to move, is why it looks janky as much as its old skin texture was.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Nice! Both ghoul and abomination model updates.

Next up, gargoyle and Dark Transformation models! (Ok probably not )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Nice! Both ghoul and abomination model updates.

Next up, gargoyle and Dark Transformation models! (Ok probably not )
    Gargoyle could be, it's a vanilla texture like ghoul and abom. Dark Transformation is WotLK so maybe not xD

Well it's about time.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the color changes when you use it now or they give you the ability to choose which color you like. I have the blue one with purple guts and i'm not all that happy with it.

Still super excited to see this, it looks awesome and stays true to the original.

I don't really like them, way too colorful. Looks like something from Disney. Ugh and that face...

But I'm all for a new model, please.

Fuck yeah about damn time.

Ghoul looks great. I feel like the abom model is basically the same 10+ year old model with crisper textures and some color added. Im just not impressed by it.

It doesnt live up to the ghoul standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    I just hope the color changes when you use it now or they give you the ability to choose which color you like. I have the blue one with purple guts and i'm not all that happy with it.

Still super excited to see this, it looks awesome and stays true to the original.
    They used to suffle colors and even models back in the WOTLK and Cata, maybe in MoP too i dont remenber. Dunno why they changed that

10+ Year Old Account
    The abom model has a run animation if you look at it on the front page.

Two things I wish Blizz would implement.

1. A skeletal mage instead of Archer for all will serve
    2. Replace abomb talent with a lich or some other empowered scourge unit that is ranged.

Abomb doesn't even make sense from a lore perspective as they're manufactured not summoned in.

Quote Originally Posted by sguarada View Post
    the new model is up on wowhead

looks very nice
    Oh wow, I need to go unholy evfen if it's trash on my alt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeredsoul View Post
    Two things I wish Blizz would implement.

1. A skeletal mage instead of Archer for all will serve
    2. Replace abomb talent with a lich or some other empowered scourge unit that is ranged.

Abomb doesn't even make sense from a lore perspective as they're manufactured not summoned in.
    I agree with a skeletal mage instead of an archer makes much more sense lorewise, i dont with the abom, i really like it.

Unholy will be so much more fashionable now :P

I wonder if this will retroactively update all the Abomination models in the game. Will be pretty cool seeing Patchwerk all modernized. Even if he dies when I breathe on him.

I'd rather actually have the same AoE benefit with my normal ghoul(skeletal) than speccing into the fucking abomination for DPS. It currently looking like vanilla garbage was just the icing on the cake.