Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Someone shared a macro for having Sigils cast centered on your character even when not using Concentrated Sigils. I can't find that now. If I experiment with Quickened Sigils, I'd love to have that option. What would be even sweeter would be a macro with a modifier option (shift/alt/etc.) that would make it usable at range. The end result I'd like to have is a quick click for dropping it at my feet and a slower option for pulling casters or CCing a pack at range.
    /cast [@player].....

You're welcome
    Chic Not Geek

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone shared a macro for having Sigils cast centered on your character even when not using Concentrated Sigils. I can't find that now. If I experiment with Quickened Sigils, I'd love to have that option. What would be even sweeter would be a macro with a modifier option (shift/alt/etc.) that would make it usable at range. The end result I'd like to have is a quick click for dropping it at my feet and a slower option for pulling casters or CCing a pack at range.
    Without being at home (so I can't verify if it works), I'd say something like

#showtooltip
    /cast [@player,mod;Shift@mouse] SIGIL NAME; SIGIL NAME

I'll be home in just over 2 hours to make it actually work. Alternatively you can get the addon "Macrotroolkit", it should be able to make sense of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    /cast [@player].....

You're welcome
    Would just cast on yourself, he wanted it to also work on the mouse with a modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    /cast [@player].....

You're welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Without being at home (so I can't verify if it works), I'd say something like

#showtooltip
    /cast [@player,mod;Shift@mouse] SIGIL NAME; SIGIL NAME

I'll be home in just over 2 hours to make it actually work. Alternatively you can get the addon "Macrotroolkit", it should be able to make sense of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Would just cast on yourself, he wanted it to also work on the mouse with a modifier.
    Thanks! Both of you. Yeah my preference would be to have it default to casting on myself, because that's what I would do in a hurry with one button. The shift key would be for when I wanted to drop a sigil on a group we hadn't pulled yet, so could take a second longer.

- - - Updated - - -

So maybe...
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] SIGIL NAME; [@player] SIGIL NAME

I will also be home in a couple of hours and can experiment.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-02-01 at 12:56 PM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I use the below. alt makes it at me, ctrl brings up reticule, and just pressing does at mouse. Use it for all sigils & infernal strike.
    /cast [mod: alt, @Player][mod: ctrl][@cursor][] Sigil of Flame

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, just got home.

It doesn't recognize [mod] as a mod, you need to specify which one. This macro works:

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt][nomod, @Player]Sigil of Flame

alt can be replaced by "shift" or "ctrl", and just replace the name with another sigil

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    I use the below. alt makes it at me, ctrl brings up reticule, and just pressing does at mouse. Use it for all sigils & infernal strike.
    /cast [mod: alt, @Player][mod: ctrl][@cursor][] Sigil of Flame
    Those 5 wasted characters ;_;

Also, MMO-C refuses to let me write @Player without parsing it as code, it'll just display [MENTION=1156272]Player[/MENTION] if I try <.<
    Last edited by Temp name; 2017-02-01 at 03:15 PM.

Those 5 wasted characters ;_;

Also, MMO-C refuses to let me write @Player without parsing it as code, it'll just display [MENTION=1156272]Player[/MENTION] if I try <.<
    I'm confused, what wasted characters? The above I basically got from a druid travel form macro before they made it one spell. Translated nicely with the @Player, @cursor additions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    I'm confused, what wasted characters? The above I basically got from a druid travel form macro before they made it one spell. Translated nicely with the @Player, @cursor additions.
    If it's not part of a name, you don't need the space.
    /cast[mod:alt @Player][mod:ctrl][@cursor][]Sigil of Flame

Will accomplish the same thing
    And again, fucking spastic mentioning system fucking up the macro.. Instead of the space before @Player just imagine there's a comma

Okay, just got home.

It doesn't recognize [mod] as a mod, you need to specify which one. This macro works:

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt][nomod, @Player]Sigil of Flame

alt can be replaced by "shift" or "ctrl", and just replace the name with another sigil
    Perfect! Thank you so much.

[mod] by itself is completely valid macro code. Without qualification it should activate on the pressing of any mod key, where [mod:alt] etc. should only activate on the specified modifier.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Nymrael - Kilrogg Server US.

I'm sure someone has a better way to link that here but I skimmed pretty hard.
    Revelation 21:6 - I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

How will you spec differently for Raging-Necrotic? I think a couple of you already mentioned this, but I would enjoy hearing from more. I know my pally switches to Spellwarding and Final Stand to drop stacks of Necrotic, and always has Consecrated Ground for AoE slow to kite.

What are VDH's tools for dropping stacks? I'm seeing...
    • Razor Spikes + Soul Cleave = AoE slow
    • Sigil of Chains = AoE slow
    • Soul Barrier could prevent some hits, but won't do enough on its own to shed stacks at higher +s
    • Glide & Infernal Strike for running away
    • Metamorphosis for when we can't be healed

I tanked a couple of quick 7s for practice tonight, but we were too over-geared for those to really be a test. I confess I switched to my pally for a 14. But I expect to tank 15s again on both before the week is out, so any tips you have would be appreciated.

I stand there and face tank mobs keeping spikes up and spamming soul cleave. Proccing meta for some leech.
    Gets sketchy around 25 stacks. If mobs arent dead yet then your dps isnt good enough. Or if its a high key, this is where stuns and slows and all your movility comes intoplay.

Empower wards at higher stacks to absorb the magic damage it does.

You can also stack crit for necro week for more parry. Parry = no necro.
    But i dont really bother.

Can also equip a Leeching trinket of some type and pop it to face tank some more.

Soul Barrier is pretty weak in necrotic as it gets reduced by it and Last Resort+Soul Rending remains strong(only in necrotic, both talents outdated with any other affixes).

As always the best tool to dealing with necrotic is to not deal with it. IE not do cancerous dungeons with massive trash pulls. Halls of Valor being the worst offender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    [mod] by itself is completely valid macro code. Without qualification it should activate on the pressing of any mod key, where [mod:alt] etc. should only activate on the specified modifier.
    Hmm, just seemed to not work when I was testing. Might have messed up elsewhere in the code though.
    How will you spec differently for Raging-Necrotic? I think a couple of you already mentioned this, but I would enjoy hearing from more. I know my pally switches to Spellwarding and Final Stand to drop stacks of Necrotic, and always has Consecrated Ground for AoE slow to kite.

What are VDH's tools for dropping stacks? I'm seeing...
    • Razor Spikes + Soul Cleave = AoE slow
    • Sigil of Chains = AoE slow
    • Soul Barrier could prevent some hits, but won't do enough on its own to shed stacks at higher +s
    • Glide & Infernal Strike for running away
    • Metamorphosis for when we can't be healed

I tanked a couple of quick 7s for practice tonight, but we were too over-geared for those to really be a test. I confess I switched to my pally for a 14. But I expect to tank 15s again on both before the week is out, so any tips you have would be appreciated.
    If you can get your hands on a high-TF Jaw of Shivermaw it's also quite good.

My general tactic for dropping stacks is Slow (Normally I use my 875 Shivermaw), jump away, sigil of chains when slow is about to run out. Then I can jump back in when stacks are off. Keep in mind that MoS is actually kinda hard for this as lots of mobs can't be slowed/stunned and you can't kite that well due to lack of space

Hmm, just seemed to not work when I was testing. Might have messed up elsewhere in the code though.

If you can get your hands on a high-TF Jaw of Shivermaw it's also quite good.

My general tactic for dropping stacks is Slow (Normally I use my 875 Shivermaw), jump away, sigil of chains when slow is about to run out. Then I can jump back in when stacks are off. Keep in mind that MoS is actually kinda hard for this as lots of mobs can't be slowed/stunned and you can't kite that well due to lack of space
    I've been wanting that Shivermaw for the longest! Best I've gotten is 850 on my pally. I pray for it when I open my weekly order hall chest.

- - - Updated - - -

The 14 I tanked on my pally yesterday turned into a 15 VoW, so we'll hopefully be completing that today and then re-running with some mates. Hoping to bring my DH in for the re-run. 15 VoW here I come!

Just want to share that SB is affected by necrotic as well

If there is class in party that can AoE slow (Rogue FoK, Hunter Tar Trap etc) Abyssal + Flame Crash is great for getting away to buy time for the stacks to fall off.
    You can also line up Sigil of Chains to extend when needed

Otherwise chaining your group CC's helps a lot. Shadow priest stun into stun totem into a binding shot can be done pretty much on every pull

http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/d...vengeance/cH5z
    Running with this build, so far doesnt matter what affixes, during necrotic I just save 1 leap for kiting if stacks get too high but so far, no matter the difficultie, I havent seen really high stacks that I couldnt face tank, occasional 90+ stacks on votw or brh but havent died to those yet. Only thing I change is the comp am running with since with skittish, I tend not to take more than 1 melee cause reasons. Dont like fracture playstyle and only use it on ST raid bosses where dps check is needed.

I too have been experimenting - a lot. As testimony to the options and versatility we have now, I've been happy and relatively successful with every build I've used so far. Less about pass or fail and more about preferences, although clearly some build might have advantages for certain fights/affixes, so I'd love to keep this thread alive to share those.

Most recently I've spec'd:
    • Razor Spikes
    • Fallout (despite having boots)
    • Fel Eruption
    • Feed the Demon
    • Sigil of Chains
    • Fel Devastation
    • Soul Barrier

- - - Updated - - -

What about the various boss fights in Nighthold? Does anyone have tweaks they've used for various fights that they feel have made a difference? Please share!