Quote Originally Posted by Febo View Post
    What does clearing heroic have to do with it in any way? It's like saying nobody should criticize a profressional athlete if they don't also play sport at that level.
    athletes are public figures that make money.

this is like me looking into your house window and telling you that your wife/gf sucks at cooking and you need to bench her.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It's arrogant to state a fact that's been a fact since early Vanilla, but it's not arrogant to assume everyone knows that one particular guild only night raids? Well, ok.
    You're the one making assumptions here. You accused somebody of "being salty" for literally answering a question.

Deleted
    This race needs more drama, it's quite boring now. Some major plot twists should have been crafted in to the narration.
    The guilds should have some kind of midway point where they all come out to badmouth each others.

Zzzzzz.

Yes, because you're only able to judge if you're smack dab in the middle of the top performers. That's how analysis and statistics work, right?
    Damn, didn't realize my offhand remark would rustle so many jimmies.

Anywho, I wouldn't exactly call your average poster in this thread an analyst or statistician. I don't think most people here are informed enough about top end raiding to say anything useful about it, if you really want to know my position on that.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Any list that doesn't have Dragon Soul at 0/awful/the worst I don't agree with.
    Then you'll at least agree with my last entry. That thing was an atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Febo View Post
    What does clearing heroic have to do with it in any way? It's like saying nobody should criticize a profressional athlete if they don't also play sport at that level.
    I don't really think that's an equivalent comparison.

Like, you would expect someone that criticizes baseball players to have pretty in depth knowledge about baseball even if they themselves don't play at a top level. It's self evident to people that are experienced that the average post quality here is not very high.

I mean, it was actually a serious point of contention if there's any value in hiding strats. Not to beat that dead horse for the 5th time, but less than a day after that stupid argument, we got the Serenity and Method Star Augur videos, and wouldn't you know it, they had vastly different strats.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Damn, didn't realize my offhand remark would rustle so many jimmies.

Anywho, I wouldn't exactly call your average poster in this thread an analyst or statistician. I don't think most people here are informed enough about top end raiding to say anything useful about it, if you really want to know my position on that.
    I was fully aware of your position from your first post. Did you think it was special in any way? It's actually an extremely common opinion for people who don't want to listen to criticism to have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're the one making assumptions here. You accused somebody of "being salty" for literally answering a question.
    It was the way he answered it, not the fact that he answered it. Don't be obtuse.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2017-02-02 at 06:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Then you'll at least agree with my last entry. That thing was an atrocity.
    Your ahole list os a Joke. Simply defining parameters that make the raids I like "win"...

I might as well say, the best raid will need one boss that starts with an X, one that's actually 4 dragons, one with a stacking dot, that you can clear by standing in certain ground effects and at least 3 bosses who don't actually want to kill you but are forced to do so by some form of corruption and thereby deduce that EN was the best raid ever.

I was fully aware of your position from your first post. Did you think it was special in any way? It's actually an extremely common opinion for people who don't want to listen to criticism have.
    No, I did not think my post was special.

I was fully aware of your position from your first post. Did you think it was special in any way? It's actually an extremely common opinion for people who don't want to listen to criticism have.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the way he answered it, not the fact that he answered it. Don't be obtuse.
    How many "ways" can he answer your question when replying in the written form? Seems like you are projecting your own insecurities here. He simply answered your question and you made assumptions. I don't know why you feel the need to be so defensive and lash out. This is just a video game; while we all enjoy this game immensely it is meaningless in the grand scheme of life. You are attacking and belittling strangers on the internet in an attempt to justify your own self worth; you are better than that. Hopefully you can get some perspective. Best of luck to you sir.
    Last edited by Mugus; 2017-02-02 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    How many "ways" can he answer your question when replying in the written form? Seems like you are projecting your own insecurities here. He simply answered your question and you made assumptions. I don't know why you feel the need to be so defensive and lash out. This is just a video game; while we all enjoy this game immensely it is meaningless in the grand scheme of life. Hopefully you can get some perspective. Best of luck to you sir.
    It wasn't even me that asked the question, so I can tell you're well informed about what we're talking about.

I'm also not entirely sure you know what 'being defensive' means, and the moral high ground argument.. I don't think I even need to comment on how stupid that is - but I suppose it is the go-to argument when you have nothing to say but want to attempt an insult.

It wasn't even me that asked the question, so I can tell you're well informed about what we're talking about.

I'm also not entirely sure you know what 'being defensive' means, and the moral high ground argument.. I don't think I even need to comment on how stupid that is - but I suppose it is the go-to argument when you have nothing to say but want to attempt an insult.
    I think he means your posts come off as overly hostile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Serenity's video actualy isnt that bad but then in the last 5 sec of the video it says "congratulations to serenity" and now i hate the video who the f goes congratulating themself in their own damn video...
    looks like some external company made it for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    longer kill doesn't equal worse. while you dont get points for style, you do get points for ease of reproducing it easier, eg serenity very nearly wiped in their video, that might've been a lucky kill.
    A "lucky" kill that - 2 days before Method killed it. Say what you want to say, but clearly their strategy is better.
    Last edited by mmoce467ae5d3c; 2017-02-02 at 08:08 AM.

You're incessantly trying to make a question which had absolutely no bearing on the stupid fucking EU vs. NA debate somehow be about EU vs. NA. I don't understand why you keep trying to use mental gymnastics to deflect a very obvious prejudice you have for EU guilds. The smug manner which you speak about EU guilds is further proof. And while you're perfectly entitled to have an opinion, you're kind of being a prick about it... and to accuse other people of perceived arrogance when you're the one instigating is even more petty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huifang View Post
    Method hade a way better than strat than seenity on Star Augur which might be a deciding factor in the race on Gul'dan. You could see serenity just bruteforced the last phase unlike Method who also hade way more people surviving. So if they can't brute force Gul'dan then Method will have an edge. I will like to see how Exordus did the boss.
    How is it a better strat if it is over 2 days slower? Delusional.

settle down children
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qazza View Post
    Your ahole list os a Joke. Simply defining parameters that make the raids I like "win"...

I might as well say, the best raid will need one boss that starts with an X, one that's actually 4 dragons, one with a stacking dot, that you can clear by standing in certain ground effects and at least 3 bosses who don't actually want to kill you but are forced to do so by some form of corruption and thereby deduce that EN was the best raid ever.
    What in the holy fuck are you on about? I literally just stated I agreed with the other poster, that I dislike DS and you go off on a rant?

Woah please calm down. There is no reason to get so worked up, like I stated earlier this is just a game. I try to show you kindness and you respond with insults. Why do you think people are always attacking you? Your first assumption is that I am mocking you when the truth couldn't be farther from that. Whether it's a lack of confidence or childhood trauma, a therapist would be of great help to you. I truly hope you seek the help that you desperately need. Best of luck to you kind sir. Keep fighting the good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Liqs View Post
    looks like some external company made it for them.

- - - Updated - - -

A lucky kill that - 2 days before Method killed it. Say what you want to say, but clearly their strategy is better.
    I would argue that Method's kill took more, "luck". I put luck in quotation marks because I don't think there's a whole lot of unmanageable RNG on Star Augur to begin with, at least from what I saw. If you're defining luck as getting everyone to play at the top of their game on the same attempt, then I think Serenity's strategy is going to be more consistent. Method's strat doesn't really get much easier with gear. You're still gonna have to deal with adds and lots of Grand Conjunctions. Serenity's strat is a faster kill, so there's less time for things to go wrong. Furthermore, Serenity's strat will get a lot easier with gear because it's a brute force strat.

In general, brute force strats are the most consistent strats once you have the gear to execute them, specifically because they're designed to bypass mechanics.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2017-02-02 at 07:21 AM.

Glad to see that the raid is lasting a decent amount of time.

Hoping that Gul'Dan lasts a bit longer though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    What in the holy fuck are you on about? I literally just stated I agreed with the other poster, that I dislike DS and you go off on a rant?
    I think he mistook you for the dude who actually made the list a page or two back rating all of the raids.