Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does Soul Effigy despawn during Tichondrius fight?

Yes. Annoying piece of crap talent.

Yes. You also get screwed with Krosus when he destroys the platform.

Deleted
    No fight in NH justifies use of Effigy anyway.

You will be either using Contagion for Singletarget or Sow seeds+Emp Lifetap. For both builds Soul Conduit is superior and way less hassle. Plus getting 5 UAs and Malefic is tasty (Edit to clarify: after lucky soul conduit procs and full shards after trash).
    Use it before obvious nerf because "too many use it"
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2017-02-02 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post

You will be either using Contagion for Singletarget or Sow seeds+Emp Lifetap. For both builds Soul Conduit is superior and way less hassle. Plus getting 5 UAs and Malefic is tasty. Use it before obvious lock-nerf.
    Actually you should not using 5 UA's in a row except some cases.
    And for ST i think SE is better except for chromatic anomaly, krosus, tichondrius, elisande and guldan because the high movement will make you go out of range of your SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Im almost certain that it keeps floating there.
    Edit Signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Yeah it floats, I tried SE on this fight when we were the first time there (was when NH released, maybe Blizz changed it allready like they did with Sephuz without saying anybody lol).
    Last edited by Dismembered; 2017-02-01 at 02:21 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

You will be either using Contagion for Singletarget or Sow seeds+Emp Lifetap. For both builds Soul Conduit is superior and way less hassle. Plus getting 5 UAs and Malefic is tasty. Use it before obvious lock-nerf.
    Was going to say similar. I've essentially dropped SE from my talent pool except for one. Right now I'm going with the following:

Skorp: MG/AC/Sow/Conduit (though considering dropping AC for ELT)
    Chrono: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit
    Trilliax: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit
    Spellblade: I've yet to find an aff setup that does well here so I usually go demo
    Krosus: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit
    Tich: MG/Contagion/Sow/Conduit
    Star Augur: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit
    Botanist: Writhe/AC/SL/SE
    Elisande: Play destro for this one
    Guldan: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Still out of range.

- - - Updated - - -

There's virtually no reason whatsoever why you can't run SE on star augur, trilliax, or Gul'dan. In all those fights youy can place soul effigy at the center of the platform and be fine.

Deleted

ummm....no

For one thing you shouldn;t use UA like that, it's inefficient, you should be using two in combination with Reap+Malefic Grasp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    ummm....no

For one thing you shouldn;t use UA like that, it's inefficient, you should be using two in combination with Reap+Malefic Grasp
    Im talking about when I get lucky with conduit and dont spend soulshards 3/5 casts. Im getting over-sharded if I dont use them.
    To clarify even further. I tend to have 4-5 shards and few souls from trashes before boss.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2017-02-01 at 08:59 PM.

Im talking about when I get lucky with conduit and dont spend soulshards 3/5 casts. Im getting over-sharded if I dont use them.
    To clarify even further. I tend to have 4-5 shards and few souls from trashes before boss.
    you should be refreshing siphon and agony (if needed) and then loading up 3 UAs once you hit 4+ shards. followed by drain soul so your first ua still gets half the damage boost
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Was going to say similar. I've essentially dropped SE from my talent pool except for one. Right now I'm going with the following:

Skorp: MG/AC/Sow/Conduit (though considering dropping AC for ELT)
    Chrono: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit
    Trilliax: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit
    Spellblade: I've yet to find an aff setup that does well here so I usually go demo
    Krosus: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit
    Tich: MG/Contagion/Sow/Conduit
    Star Augur: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit
    Botanist: Writhe/AC/SL/SE
    Elisande: Play destro for this one
    Guldan: MG/Contagion/SL/Conduit
    Skorp: Go ELT, adds dont last longer than 15 seconds and you will "spam seeds" inside those 15s anyway. Probably.
    Chrono, Trilliax, Krosus, star augur, Guldan. yeah pretty much.
    Tich: I dont really find time to sow seeds before adds die :/ Specially the bats.
    Botanist: I guess. Not really time to drain soul anyway. SE? I mean I guess. SE is just not for me anyway.

MG/AC/SE - Trilliax, Augur, Aluriel (Sow instead of SL)
    MG/Contag/SC - Anomaly, Tichondrius, Krosus, Skorpyon (Sow instead of SL)
    MG/AC/SC - Botanist (SE not usable because it despawns in P2 and P3 when first and second guy dies)

Can't say for Elisande/Gul'dan (7/10M) but probably MG/Contag/SC for Elisande and MG/AC/SE for Gul'dan.

I mean... I run SE on Auger and Krosus. Just makes since. Tichondrius is a fast add cleave fight. In affliction we don't really have a lot of burst aoe, I normally just dot the adds to get shard procs and stay on tich.

Gonna have to face the facts, if your going to play one spec, your not going to be top damage on every fight if your raid dps is half way decent.

Botanist is a writhe fight.

Been testing out the haunt build on elisandre with some skorp I actually run sow and se, seems to keep my shards fuller than conduit. Maybe it's just me.. idk

Trillax I usually get beat by melee as they are allowed to ignore most mechanics in my raid team.

Chromatic I run mal ac siphon sc... seem to always be on top here , well maybe dip down a few places but once that haste phase comes in its goodnight.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

You will be either using Contagion for Singletarget or Sow seeds+Emp Lifetap. For both builds Soul Conduit is superior and way less hassle. Plus getting 5 UAs and Malefic is tasty (Edit to clarify: after lucky soul conduit procs and full shards after trash).
    Use it before obvious nerf because "too many use it"
    I find the old writhe in agony soul effigy build easier to play personally. I can move around much more freely and handle mechanics easier. I think it handles movement much better and there is a lot of movement in NH especially on heroic. The MG SC build I feel is to stationary. If you are forced to stop a drain cycle to move it really kills your DPS. I go back and forth but the old WIA SE build is much more relaxing to play at least for me personally. Just keep dots refreshed and dump UA when you have the chance. And DPS is similar for both specs at least for me personally. About 550k sustained on the target dummy. I imagine the 4 piece set bonus will also be better with SE. Currently sitting on 3 pieces atm.
    Last edited by Locks4fun; 2017-02-02 at 09:40 AM.

2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 is the best single target build for any fight you don't have to move outside of your effigy range or need to multidot a lot. You cast agony on your effigy and nothing else, unless there is movement involved then you can put other dots on it on dead GCDs.
    It is amazing on anomaly, star ogre, bridge boss (you start with max range effigy and then you only need to reapply it if you get to the enrage platform).

You don'tuse SE for it's damage but for its superior shard generation.

The Sim is not tuned right for this build and I useally outperform it by a noticeable margin at 5 min PW dummy test.

I still want to know the conversation that took place when the Devs decided to remove Prismatic Crystal because Mages hated it, gave it a new name, and made it a level 100 talent for Warlocks.

Honestly, if I had to take Soul Effigy I would end up re-rolling to a different class I hate it that much. You have to create a macro to use it effectively, it doesn't move and it is a hassle in which I just don't want to willingly sign up for.

I'm sure next expansion they'll remove Soul Effigy and replace it with a different talent they threw away for another class because they hated it so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It stays floating, and theres a spot you can drop it at the beginning and you can hit it the whole fight.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

I'll have to find that spot, I'm always out of range by the time we get to the last remaining platform.