10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I really hate to burst your bubble here but that whole "fiasco" was just a way for that-which-cannot-be-named to unpair themselves from the "pirate" label of the server they lent their source to. The latter server then copy and pasted their source code, gave it another name and relaunched the server using the "new" source. The fact that the whole back-and-forth on twitter was leaked days before the official announcement is even more hilarious. If anything, whatever bridges that-which-cannot-be-named had with Blizzard were effectively burned to the ground when they intentionally released their source code to a known pirate realm after Blizzard refused to talk about Legacy at BlizzCon.
    Doesn't make sense cause the purpose was to prove to Blizzard there's a demand for this. I think they got Blizzards attention but kept everything quiet to not create another uproar from the community. What would pulling out now do for them? To me it's obvious that Blizzard has contacted them again and this time it's more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha yeah okay. Keep fighting the good fight. You haven't realized it but take a good hard look around. Your 'vocal' minority has shrunk down quite a bit in the past 6 months or so.
    You mean the locked thread? it didn't shrink, it got moderated. This thread kinda took it's place. Also, this forum isn't the benchmark to go with for peoples interest in Vanilla WoW. Obviously people posting here are about Legion. You keep posting in this thread which doesn't seem to die. Unless you think there's a lot of people with interest against Vanilla WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    yes but what about the group finder, that is arguably much better than typing in chat, there is many quirky elements to vanilla that simply won't make the cut, likewise there is some qol that should have been there anyway.

I mean we have that again with m+ you need to manually form a group and go to the instance like the old days.
    There's a lot I'd like from modern WoW in Vanilla. I like Paladins today over Paladins then. I'd like it if Paladins today could have a talent system like back then. Here's hoping for another expansion with all the good from Vanilla with good from Legion. For now, Vanilla it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Doesn't make sense cause the purpose was to prove to Blizzard there's a demand for this. I think they got Blizzards attention but kept everything quiet to not create another uproar from the community. What would pulling out now do for them? To me it's obvious that Blizzard has contacted them again and this time it's more serious.
    The whole "fiasco" was a poorly executed attempt for them to distance themselves from a "pirate server" they created with their own hands after throwing a tantrum about Blizzard refusing to talk about Legacy at BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If they chose to only release Vanilla what happens when you have full T3 and Grand Marshal Gear and have gone through loads of alts doing the same thing? Infinite content drought.
    Once that happens after 3-4 years I guess it's time to start an alt and play for another 3-4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

yes but what about the group finder, that is arguably much better than typing in chat, there is many quirky elements to vanilla that simply won't make the cut, likewise there is some qol that should have been there anyway.

I mean we have that again with m+ you need to manually form a group and go to the instance like the old days.
    There are addons for that, no need for Blizzard to develop one too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    There are addons for that, no need for Blizzard to develop one too.
    How exactly having a list of 20 mandatory addons that you have to download from the internet is better than having this system built-in by developer into a game? Outside of "ha-ha, this total noob doesn't know about this system, i'm sure glad that i can't get into a queue with him" factor (which is harmful long-term for the game community, because said noobs will have harder time to get a group and won't get experience from experienced players)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-02-02 at 08:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    How exactly having a list of 20 mandatory addons that you have to download from the internet is better than having this system built-in by developer into a game? Outside of "ha-ha, this total noob doesn't know about this system, i'm sure glad that i can't get into a queue with him" factor (which is harmful long-term for the game community, because said noobs will have harder time to get a group and won't get experience from experienced players)
    I mean sure they can add one if they want, but I'm saying they don't have to. They don't really have to do anything with the client at all, it's fine the way it is, I'm sure most people interested in vanilla actually prefer they don't touch the client at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Nostalgia, such an improperly and overused word here. I suppose what some of you still don't get is the fact that many here enjoy all the things such as attunements, having the travel back and forth, farming resistance gear, etc. Things that some of you deem 'pain in the ass' or 'inefficient' are fun to others. To many here the 'inefficiency' of it all is what made Vanilla / TBC great to begin with. So I suppose its like what a previous poster said, very different mindset about what is expected from the MMORPG experience, and essentially incompatible players.
    Yeah, isn't it incredible how it's impossible to make some people understand that what they label as flaws are the very reason why other people liked something ?
    It's been repeated for years, they still can't get it.

it was an actual MMO-RPG and you cared about the people around you in the game. Nowadays noone cares about anything a namechange and that it its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I'm sure most people interested in vanilla actually prefer they don't touch the client at all.
    I'm sure people would kill for a possibility to not see the frigging clock.

Nostalgia, such an improperly and overused word here. I suppose what some of you still don't get is the fact that many here enjoy all the things such as attunements, having the travel back and forth, farming resistance gear, etc. Things that some of you deem 'pain in the ass' or 'inefficient' are fun to others. To many here the 'inefficiency' of it all is what made Vanilla / TBC great to begin with. So I suppose its like what a previous poster said, very different mindset about what is expected from the MMORPG experience, and essentially incompatible players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah, isn't it incredible how it's impossible to make some people understand that what they label as flaws are the very reason why other people liked something ?
    It's been repeated for years, they still can't get it.
    Working for something over a long period of time and then getting something out of it is what makes the MMORPG experience great for me. Be it getting attuned, leveling up, finally seeing that final boss of a raid, running a 2 hour dungeon on the off chance that one item drops and you win it, gearing up in order to pass the gear checks of a specific encounter or simply farming gold to afford your mount.
    If I want to just log in and play for an half an hour here and there for some loot boxes there are other genres for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha yeah okay. Keep fighting the good fight. You haven't realized it but take a good hard look around. Your 'vocal' minority has shrunk down quite a bit in the past 6 months or so.
    We've got "better things to do than just *talk* about Vanilla"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Ah finally someone who gets it. Thanks for this post! Couldn't have said it better.

Tired of games tailored for millennials.

perhaps its just ppl who enjoy the levelling experience prefer it, I can see that being something, although i think it would still take about as long to go 1 to 110 as it did to go 1 to 60. a week maybe casual 6-8hr play sessions? i'm not entirely sure its been years since i made a new char, all my alts are at least 90.
    I dunno I think the record was around 4 days of /played and thats 'hardcore' levelling. Suffice to say that without the catch up mechanisms for professions and other "time sinks" you can get months and months of casual 6/8 hour play sessions out of levelling a couple of character to high 50's if you maintain most avenues of character progression (so said professions, and honor rank). The quickest way to level has always been grinding the right mobs and if you kept to just that then you could possibly manage it in a week.

I would say that your observation that it makes for a better game than retail for those who enjoy the levelling experience is spot on. Some people think you have to have objectively worse taste to enjoy the more sprawling style of Vanilla quest chains; each to his own I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I dunno I think the record was around 4 days of /played and thats 'hardcore' levelling.
    It's been discussed previously. Average 1-60 /played time was about 10-15 days, record was around 5. Today it's maybe 3 to 5 (despite twice as many levels) and I don't know the record, but I'd be surprised if it's more than 1 day.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's been discussed previously. Average 1-60 /played time was about 10-15 days, record was around 5. Today it's maybe 3 to 5 (despite twice as many levels) and I don't know the record, but I'd be surprised if it's more than 1 day.
    And even that is disgusting for a MMORPG. It should take 5 months /played rather than 5 days in a decent MMORPG game.

I guess most people just enjoy running the same top lvl dungeons over and over again and complain there's nothing to do in the game.

It wasn't. Objectively. It was just new at the time, not that much of a competetion also. It's nostalgia, no more. How many people do you think would play vanilla now? Not even a milion. And dont start with private servers. They are free, and to be honest, absolute shit.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the game was certainly more RPG but stuff like reagents just had to go. Vanilla had tons of problems people just forgot about.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    And even that is disgusting for a MMORPG. It should take 5 months /played rather than 5 days in a decent MMORPG game.
    I'd say it entirely depends on the design of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    It wasn't. Objectively.
    It's funny how many people have trouble with what "objectively" actually means.

(not to speak about them spamming shit that has been factually disproved several times, but then if they can't manage to get a single word definition right, they certainly aren't going to read and undersand more in-depth explanations)

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post

I guess most people just enjoy running the same top lvl dungeons over and over again and complain there's nothing to do in the game.
    This isn't really player fault. Blizzard are creating content for end game, so levelling takes less priority + 110 levels is incredibly grueling for some people. As a new player who hasn't touched warcraft/WoW, would you really be excited to go through 110 levels at vanilla pace? Where the game actually starts?

Also game has been out for years, it's normal to be less interested over time. I know I have.