Deleted

Chronomatic Anomaly Mythic add spawn

Hello,
    we have been progressing NH mythic, and we wiped many times because when the two adds come one spawns later than the other, randomly, so we can't really set up in advance which side the raid goes. We thought about facing the boss, pulling in advance the way we wanted it to spawn faster, which seemed to work often, but not always. So i wanna ask if anyone knows what determines which side add spawn faster, hope someone knows, it would help us much.

we jsut always kill the add on the right first, the right as in you are on the outside of the room looking inward, except the first which we divide into 2 equal teams for

Quote Originally Posted by badgersmashr View Post
    we jsut always kill the add on the right first, the right as in you are on the outside of the room looking inward, except the first which we divide into 2 equal teams for
    Can you explain the benefit/reasoning for that? I'd like to know to potentially try it The equal split for first spawn, that is.

I am also having the same problem as OP. It's only the 3rd set of adds that does this. Once the left add was super slow so we swapped to going right. Then the right add spawned slow. It results in a wipe because the delay results in power overwhelming not being interrupted in time. We have considered moving hero here, but the second spawn was also barely dying in time to
    Interrrupt.

Maybe we have too many people in our small group. 3 melee 1 range and a healer. Should we move one to main group? The small group add is dying without any help from raid. And we could probably delay its death and still have it down before next spawn.

We killed it but had the same problem. Couldn't figure out if it was related to the way the boss was facing or where in the room he was tanked. We just had to keep doing pulls and hope the quick spawn on the 3rd set was the side we're already positioned on.

We always killed left add first and didn't really notice a problem

Re: why do some people split the raid equally for the first two adds, I assume it is to kill them quickly and then stack on boss for aoe heals and take some extra power overwhelming casts while nuking him (if having problems with berserk). We didn't do it but considered it :P

As to the minigroup we only had 2 melee and a resto shammy, they could handle the interrupts by themselves. You want as much dps as possible on the other side. 4 dps and a healer is overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    We always killed left add first and didn't really notice a problem

Re: why do some people split the raid equally for the first two adds, I assume it is to kill them quickly and then stack on boss for aoe heals and take some extra power overwhelming casts while nuking him (if having problems with berserk). We didn't do it but considered it :P

As to the minigroup we only had 2 melee and a resto shammy, they could handle the interrupts by themselves. You want as much dps as possible on the other side. 4 dps and a healer is overkill.
    Thank you very much that is extremely helpful. We might try splitting for the first set and definitely shrinking our small group side. That should help resolve a lot of the other problems we were having as well. If the add is slow spawning it won't matter if we add two dps to make up for it.

If doing the split strat do you move boss to one side or just keep him in mid and wait for people to get back, do you know?

Thank you very much for the tips!

Oh and to confirm did you have the resto Shaman in the interrupt rotation or was two dps interrupts enough?

With the split strat we always move the boss for more cleave dps. The fast adds pretty much can just be cleaved down while nuking the boss.

Our resto shammy is indeed in the interrupt rotation, that's why we picked her to go on that side so one less dps is needed

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    With the split strat we always move the boss for more cleave dps. The fast adds pretty much can just be cleaved down while nuking the boss.

Our resto shammy is indeed in the interrupt rotation, that's why we picked her to go on that side so one less dps is needed
    Our resto Shaman unfortunately will be out tonight when we try again. Do you think we can heal through the cast getting off every third cast? I would love to just "waste" two dps over there.

Two melee can handle interrupts, our rogue and monk do it.