Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Legal work? Lol?

If we decide to f them up, we can just do it.

And I wouldn't invade on the ground, not a chance.

1)US Navy sweeps the Iranian " Navy" ( lol) from the sea in the first 24 hours

2)misslle strikes and bombing against every single airbase of the Iranian Air Force

3)bomb power plants, dams, food processing plants, railyards, etc to bring their economy to a crashing halt

4) impose a 100% air and sea blockade

5) /popcorn and watch the place go full Mad Max as the mullahs are unable to control a starving populace that has no power for their modern technology

6) inform their government that any retaliation against targets in Israel/Europe/US will result in area bombing of every major city in Iran
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    well to be fair he was anti war about half the time. the guy was pretty clear about going to war with sovereign nations to take their resources.
    He wouldnt shut up about how.he was against the iraq war.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Honestly with trump I wouldn't be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    One means we just want to dismantle them so they aren't a threat to neighbor countries. Do I seriously need to spell things out?
    buuuuullllshiiiiiit, if the US actually cared about nukes in that region then we would have invaded Pakistan and India a loooooong time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    He wouldnt shut up about how.he was against the iraq war.
    I distinctly remember him saying he was against it but that we still should have invaded and taken their oil.

10+ Year Old Account
    buuuuullllshiiiiiit, if the US actually cared about nukes in that region then we would have invaded Pakistan and India a loooooong time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I distinctly remember him saying he was against it but that we still should have invaded and taken their oil.
    That sounds about right. Of course how one can be against a war but for an invasion is not a thought that must have occurrd to many a trumpette.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Personally I wouldn't think it a good idea quite simply for the reason that Russia has good ties with Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Legal work? Lol?

2)misslle strikes and bombing against every single airbase of the Iranian Air Force

3)bomb power plants, dams, food processing plants, railyards, etc to bring their economy to a crashing halt

5) /popcorn and watch the place go full Mad Max as the mullahs are unable to control a starving populace that has no power for their modern technology

6) inform their government that any retaliation against targets in Israel/Europe/US will result in area bombing of every major city in Iran
    YEAH! To Quote One George Tenet, "it's a slam dunk!".

Pictured: The American-Iran War at a metaphysical level.

Oh by the way, you are aware that using starvation as a weapon of war is, you know, a war crime. And one of the biggest ones too.

And you may wanna check in with B-1B fleet about how their years of doing orbits over Afghanistan and Iraq has faired on their airframe lives. MAybe they can reassemble some of them quick enough for your 100% air and sea blockade.

I just want to put something in context. In 2000, the F-16C, our principal tactical attack aircraft, was projected to serve deep into the 2030s, as the then-future F-35 was rolled out. Then we went to war against Iraq. And you know what those F-16Cs did? They did crazy stuff they were never supposed to do, like orbit Baghdad for years on end. As a whole the F-16 fleet lost about a decade off their life times. Coupled with the fact that PAYING for the Iraq War, required, ya know, money, while the F-22s and F-35s were being built, the F-16s were retired under Bush and Obama.

At what rate? Hows about 200 fighters per year sound. Replaced by around 35-40 F-35s per year.

By 2027ish, the last F-16C will be gone. Thanks Iraq War. You were a real slam dunk.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And half or more of the American people didn't support the current president, but lo and behold...
    lol true that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    The United States going to War against Iran would be the single stupidest thing the United States can do strategically, in the world, today. Period.
    Which is why Trump's going to do it.

Like shit, the deal Obama's admin made with Iran was great. Iran gets their nuclear power, the UN and the US get to make sure Iran doesn't get a nuclear missile. Sanctions are lifted and the progress to normalizing relations begins.

Now, to settle some fears:

Nuclear fuel enriched for nuclear power plants cannot be used for nuclear weapons
    Nuclear fuel enriched for nuclear weapons cannot be used for nuclear power.
    The process for enriching nuclear fuel for either is different and takes more than 24 hours to switch (way more, it'd require building a new factory.) UN inspectors can drop by at any moment within 24 hours.
    The billions of dollars we "paid" Iran was never our money, it was Iranian money that was frozen when we applied sanctions on them in the first place.

But hey, we're post fact now, so who gives a shit. Bomb Iran anyways.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    YEAH! To Quote One George Tenet, "it's a slam dunk!".

Oh by the way, you are aware that using starvation as a weapon of war is, you know, a war crime. And one of the biggest ones too.

And you may wanna check in with B-1B fleet about how their years of doing orbits over Afghanistan and Iraq has faired on their airframe lives. MAybe they can reassemble some of them quick enough for your 100% air and sea blockade.

I just want to put something in context. In 2000, the F-16C, our principal tactical attack aircraft, was projected to serve deep into the 2030s, as the then-future F-35 was rolled out. Then we went to war against Iraq. And you know what those F-16Cs did? They did crazy stuff they were never supposed to do, like orbit Baghdad for years on end. As a whole the F-16 fleet lost about a decade off their life times. Coupled with the fact that PAYING for the Iraq War, required, ya know, money, while the F-22s and F-35s were being built, the F-16s were retired under Bush and Obama.

At what rate? Hows about 200 fighters per year sound. Replaced by around 35-40 F-35s per year.

By 2027ish, the last F-16C will be gone. Thanks Iraq War. You were a real slam dunk.
    Iraq war was definitely a mistake, no question.

As for "war crimes", there is only 1 crime in war: losing. If you win, who's left to do anything about it?

I would've done the same to Japan if there had been no atom bomb: full sea and air blockade, mine the inland waterways, bomb fields of crops & herds of livestock, sink even a fishing boat if it had put even 20 feet out to sea, constant combat air patrols over the Home Islands with instructions to strafe anything that moved.
    Or as Admiral Halsey said " Before we're through with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell."

When you fight a war, you should fight it like one of Ghengis Khan's horde, or don't fight it at all. People who are aware you will stop at nothing to win would have to be stark raving insane to start a fight with you.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-02-02 at 11:17 PM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    well to be fair he was anti war about half the time. the guy was pretty clear about going to war with sovereign nations to take their resources.
    He was anti-anything that suited him half the time.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Maybe Trump can uncuck your SJW mind.
    Don't bring us into this, we SJWs hate America too!

As for the actual news: I will enjoy watching this.

- - - Updated - - -

Iraq war was definitely a mistake, no question.

As for "war crimes", there is only 1 crime in war: losing. If you win, who's left to do anything about it?

I would've done the same to Japan if there had been no atom bomb: full sea and air blockade, mine the inland waterways, bomb fields of crops & herds of livestock, sink even a fishing boat if it had put even 20 feet out to sea, constant combat air patrols over the Home Islands with instructions to strafe anything that moved.
    Or as Admiral Halsey said " Before we're through with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell."

When you fight a war, you should fight it like one of Ghengis Khan's horde, or don't fight it at all. People who are aware you will stop at nothing to win would have to be stark raving insane to start a fight with you.
    Genghis Khan sure was a ruthless man, however, he was also a sensible man, and avoided needless brutality where it did not suit him. That is why he did not infringe on his subjects' religion, because in this case being tolerant was beneficial for him. America does not benefit from war with Iran.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Hopefully there are some sane people left in the administration to talk them out of that type of stupidity. China has fairly strong relations with Iran...declaring war against Iran would precipitate a much larger conflict. This is one of the reasons why you want the Chairman of Joint Chiefs and the DNI on the National Security Council...
    How convenient they also want to start war with China. At least Bannon thinks so. ... World War 3 will be caused by Trump, and the alt-right. Their posturing is going to fuck the world.

I guess ill get to Live a Fallout game soon. Or I guess die... more likely die.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legal work? Lol?

I think you mean Ayatollahs, not mullahs?

Either way, you can win the war, but will you win the peace? That is something America has been failing at repeatedly.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilary is going to start WW3.

Oh nevermind, they meant Donald.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Good luck fighting a country with 80 million people doing guerrilla warfare.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

This discussion is still going on??

I thought we decided pages ago that the original proposal was by a Democrat, weeks before Trump was even inaugurated.

Have there been any new developments or new evidence to put this all on Trump yet, apart from "Well, he probably would do it anyway, so it doesn't really matter that it wasn't him" ???
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Why is this thread even still open when other threads with fake news are closed? Oh yeah, because it is a Trump bashing thread.

Whats fake? You can look it up on the congress website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legal work? Lol?

Going to war with Iran would be Iraq 2.0^2. And that's not accounting for domestic and international opposition to the war

But you war hawk nut in CoD, there are bigger consequences in the real world.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This discussion is still going on??

I thought we decided pages ago that the original proposal was by a Democrat, weeks before Trump was even inaugurated.

Have there been any new developments or new evidence to put this all on Trump yet, apart from "Well, he probably would do it anyway, so it doesn't really matter that it wasn't him" ???
    the OP doesn't mention Trump, but people are rightly connecting this to Trump's rhetoric about the Iran nuclear deal and making a conclusion based off that.