Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You should care. Because what happens when we start to lose, and our young men are subjected to the warcrimes you advocate? That is what happened with the Soviet Union and the Nazis. The Nazis took lots of American prisoners and treated them relatively consistent with the rules of war. They did not take very many Soviet ones. They just killed them.

What in gods name lead to your ridiculous siege mentality.
    My view is summed up by this: " Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph." --- Robert E. Howard

If we want to extend the time of our little island of civilization ( an island in both space and time) we must not scruple to lay utterly waste anyone we fight.

Ridiculous in some people's opinion, Skroe. Regardless, whatever you think of me, I do greatly enjoy reading your detailed posts. Too much short attention span sht floating around out there nowadays.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Why blame trump when its a bill by democrats? Jesus christ this anti-trump hysteria is getting stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    remind me again what Trump was in the weeks leading up to his inauguration? and how convenient that you get to use speculation and say this would be pushed under Clinton.
    Ok ok...

So... a democrat took it under his wing to introduce this because he thought that, after Trumps behaviour before inauguration, he'd what? He'd save him the inevitable trouble of having to do it himself? He thought he'd "test" Trump with it to see if he'd really go to war? He was secretly Bannon wearing a mask, scooby doo style?

Please tell me, why it was because of Trump he introduced this? Give me ANY narrative that makes sense of how it's down to Trump that a COMPLETELY UNRELATED democrat introduced this weeks before Trump was even in power.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Why blame trump when its a bill by democrats? Jesus christ this anti-trump hysteria is getting stupid.
    Because Trump put Iran "On notice" and didn't rule out going to war? Oh and his Press Secretary also falsely accused Iran of attacking a US Navy Vessel?.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-02-03 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Ok ok...

So... a democrat took it under his wing to introduce this because he thought that, after Trumps behaviour before inauguration, he'd what? He'd save him the inevitable trouble of having to do it himself? He thought he'd "test" Trump with it to see if he'd really go to war? He was secretly Bannon wearing a mask, scooby doo style?

Please tell me, why it was because of Trump he introduced this? Give me ANY narrative that makes sense of how it's down to Trump that a COMPLETELY UNRELATED democrat introduced this weeks before Trump was even in power.
    he did it because when/if it came to declaring war on Iran, Trump would approve of it. it's that god damn simple. he had already won the election, and was stacking his inner circle with people practically BEGGING to go to war with Iran. Trump has constantly said he would go to war with sovereign nations to take their resources and plenty of people on his team have Iran dead in their sights. and just because it was a democrat doesn't mean they aren't the kind of shit head to benefit from going to war with Iran.

he was the president elect, he was going to be president.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-02-03 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    My God that is completely vile. It actually gives me a pit in my stomach thinking of such a thing in relation to Iran, I've never experienced such a loving country before, the absolute hospitality and intense longing to be part of the larger world.

Mate you need to broaden your view a little, what you're saying is disgusting.
    I think no one should be giving Berengil's ravings a second thought. His are just the sophomoric imaginings of someone who's seen too many dumb video games and lousy CGI movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Because Trump put Iran "On notice" and didn't rule out going to war? Oh and his Press Secretary also falsely accused Iran of attacking a US Navy Vessel?.
    None of that matters to this topic. Trump didn't introduce the bill so it has ZERO to do with him. You can't blame him for something he didn't do, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The United States going to War against Iran would be the single stupidest thing the United States can do strategically, in the world, today. Period.
    So, happening in five...four...three...

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you've been following the news?

The US plans mock wars all the time like its Batman. What happened in the last week or so is growing tension between Iran and the Donald administration. Iran conducted a missile test and said to hell with anything Donald has to say about it. When Donald banned Iranians, they banned Americans. Donald threatened repercussions and Iran gave him the middle finger. Donald then hinted at using force, that's people are getting at.

It doesn't matter what Iran says because they are used to playing the bad guy anyway. Donald's reaction means everything and the moment he flies off the handle they get their way by showing how easy it is to manipulate him. Any actual armed conflict would greatly reduce the status and reputation of the US at home and abroad, exactly what Iran wants.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I do believe that any war the US fights, it should fight like it was the most bloody-handed savage that ever crawled out of Hell. Or don't fight at all.
    Wars don't work like that any more, the rest of the world would unify, rise up, and obliterate you. America has a large military complex, but when you commit war crimes of that magnitude you are basically asking Russia/China to nuke you back to kingdom come. There is a reason we don't fight like the Huns any more, all it takes is a single nuclear armed country to think you have crossed the line and its game over. What you are talking about is mutually assured destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of that matters to this topic. Trump didn't introduce the bill so it has ZERO to do with him. You can't blame him for something he didn't do, at all.
    He sure is good at taken credit for things he didnt do. In any event if he signs it into law that's another matter entirely.

Sadly I feel this is going to happen. Best thing is we somehow get a swift butt kicking that FOX News cannot spin so people wake up. If this doesn't happen I feel it will just be the first domino to fall. Trump is a mad man. He might even trade Ukraine to the Russians to give us a free pass.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-02-03 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    Wars don't work like that any more, the rest of the world would unify, rise up, and obliterate you. America has a large military complex, but when you commit war crimes of that magnitude you are basically asking Russia/China to nuke you back to kingdom come. There is a reason we don't fight like the Huns any more, all it takes is a single nuclear armed country to think you have crossed the line and its game over. What you are talking about is mutually assured destruction.
    You do realize that destroying power plants and food sources is very much a tactic in war? Citizens usually suffer the most in wars. While doing everything Berengil suggests wouldn't be necessary for the US to easily defeat Iran, no countries would start launching nukes over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I particularly like how the Trump team is eager to defend "allies in the region".

What allies? We just banned them all from entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    You do realize that destroying power plants and food sources is very much a tactic in war? Citizens usually suffer the most in wars. While doing everything Berengil suggests wouldn't be necessary for the US to easily defeat Iran, no countries would start launching nukes over it.
    which is considered a war crime in this day and age

no but we would surly see the beginnings of the unraveling of american power in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    which is considered a war crime in this day and age

no but we would surly see the beginnings of the unraveling of american power in the world.
    It's called Conservativism for a reason.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue POTUS Staff sure thinks this is going to happen.

Iran strategy talk is asking how to ensure that Iran eventually crosses "the line" before long to eventually justify POTUS military action.

They have a pretty good track record so far.

Iran is one of the few nations I might actually support a war against. Nuclear non-proliferation is more important than any of the bullshit circus acts going on in the US today.

But I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm sure they'll find WMDs this time around.
    They actually might, Iran and North Korea were the two rogue nations developing nuclear weapons that the US studiously ignored when it was pushing that faulty intel on Iraq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    They should keep it in their pants unless they want to to ensure that Iran hates the US for another 40 years. The younger generations in Iran are increasingly positive about the west. Destabilizing Iran was a bad move the first time, it's a bad move now.
    Neo-cons haven't had a new shooting war in over a decade. They need to rub one out.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

What in gods name lead to your ridiculous siege mentality.
    That is the key question. How have so many Americans been duped into that worldview, when the reality is the exact opposite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.