Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It did. WOTLK is by far the most popular xpac ever. I'm not sure why Blizz decided to go away from what worked.
    Wrath wasn't even the most popular eypac considering subs stagnated and even dipped

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Safe to say Guldan is no Xavius then. As I assume if he was we would of seen a kill by now?
    Xavius was literally killed in under ~3 hours worth of attempts.

Literally the easiest end raid boss in the history of mythic/ pre wod heroic raiding history.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Wrath wasn't even the most popular eypac considering subs stagnated and even dipped
    Subs peaked at the end of Wrath with the release of Cataclysm, so you're wrong...

drugs man, stay off them, wrath was peak for subs going into cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Subs peaked at the end of Wrath with the release of Cataclysm, so you're wrong...
    Though, to be fair, there was still a lot - and with that I mean a LOT - of complaining about Wrath going on during Wrath. Yes, subs were high back then; the forums were still filled with "Wrath is bad because of this and that". Limited attempts were among the things that were criticized massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Though, to be fair, there was still a lot - and with that I mean a LOT - of complaining about Wrath going on during Wrath. Yes, subs were high back then; the forums were still filled with "Wrath is bad because of this and that". Limited attempts were among the things that were criticized massively.
    The introduction of "hard modes" that eventually became the toggle system today caused a lot of anger from the community. Lots of raiders felt bosses should have kept one, challenging difficulty mode with separate 10m raids like Kara and Zul'Aman in BC. There were constant tears throughout that expansion.

Deleted
    I barely anyone I knew complained during WOTLK and those that did aimed it at pvp 90% of the time the times that complaining that was not pvp focused started to creep in was mainly during totc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    The introduction of "hard modes" that eventually became the toggle system today caused a lot of anger from the community. Lots of raiders felt bosses should have kept one, challenging difficulty mode with separate 10m raids like Kara and Zul'Aman in BC. There were constant tears throughout that expansion.
    Exactly. It's easy to say now that subs spiked so everyone liked Wrath's changes. That is definitely not the case. Different raiding difficulties were quite unpopular among a part of the playerbase because "it devaluated the raids" etc. Just like the toggle system caused a lot of controversy and was called a "lazy cop-out solution".

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    I barely anyone I knew complained during WOTLK and those that did aimed it at pvp 90% of the time the times that complaining that was not pvp focused started to creep in was mainly during totc.
    Maybe not someone you know. The forums were still filled with those threads. They always were, regardless of which expansion was current.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit the drugs pretty pls

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    drugs man, stay off them, wrath was peak for subs going into cata.
    Do you know what stagnating means? It means I didn't rise. It stayed more or less constant the whole expansion. Compared to TBC where it was raising the whole time. The subs spiking at the end of an expansion happens EVERY time.

It having the highest sub count doesn't really matter if it didn't manage to captivate new players

You can find all of that out using the handy graphs you use to shit post on WoD

He'll, don't forget the term "Wrath baby"

Do you know what stagnating means? It means I didn't rise. It stayed more or less constant the whole expansion. Compared to TBC where it was raising the whole time. The subs spiking at the end of an expansion happens EVERY time.

It having the highest sub count doesn't really matter if it didn't manage to captivate new players

You can find all of that out using the handy graphs you use to shit post on WoD
    i cant even, thats not even close to true. lol

Is "which expac was better" the new theme of this thread?

Deleted
    Kill him pls ResidentSleeper

Quote Originally Posted by Vained View Post
    Is "which expac was better" the new theme of this thread?
    There's no point fighting, just go with it.

WoD was the best xpac. The garrisons were revolutionary and added so much gameplay. There was so much to do in the open world and PvP was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    There's no point fighting, just go with it.

WoD was the best xpac. The garrisons were revolutionary and added so much gameplay. There was so much to do in the open world and PvP was amazing.
    Honestly, having played since Wrath, I'm really enjoying Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgamanix View Post
    It is though, go do the research.
    its not true. go do the research.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Subs only peaked because WOTLK wasn't released in China. That landed in August or September just a couple months before Cata's release so you had the surge of WOW re-opening in China + the expansion pack. Then cata launched and you had the euro+usa re-surge and bam 13 million. It's still a spectacular number but it wouldn't have been that high without crazy timing. Most of the graphs show the dip happening around the spring of WOTLK's final year but it wasn't during a time the quarterly numbers were reported.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    i mean, let's be real, if an expansion themed around motherfucking Arthas had been having a recess of subs, it'd be a complete disaster.

The fact subs were barely stagnating instead of moving up was probably a disaster by itself.

Exactly. It's easy to say now that subs spiked so everyone liked Wrath's changes. That is definitely not the case. Different raiding difficulties were quite unpopular among a part of the playerbase because "it devaluated the raids" etc. Just like the toggle system caused a lot of controversy and was called a "lazy cop-out solution".
    All I ever remember anyone disliking was that they changed the difficulty structure every single tier in Wrath and that by the time ToC and ICC rolled around we were running 3-4 difficulties of the same raid per week because there was always That Trinket in 10HC that everyone needed.

Pretty much every person I know loved the Ulduar model of difficulty because it felt very organic.

Oh shit. Serenity, Exorsus, and Method ALL GOT 10/10 AT THE EXACT SAME TIME. What happens now?