2v2 mist monk + aff lock ( just dinged 110 this week ) problems

Hi,

Can anyone help me and my friend with our comp in 2's ... we won like 10-6 in greens and blues and now after getting a bit better gear like 850-ish we get stuck around 1500 rating when we face any melee + resto druid or resto shaman. We faced UH DK + resto druid and we always get to like 60% + healing debuff and then we die...

I play the monk healer...

We usually win vs double dps unless they are mongoloids...

Help please? Some advice how to play vs diff comps ? also feel free to tell me about gear/talents.
    I took a very long break from wow and I find it a really different game..

Thanks!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yakuzen/simple

I don't play affliction anymore but it is probably better with an Rshaman in 2s since they perform better in dampening than MW Monks which. Basically your lock has to be as disruptive as possible while also doing good damage. Kind of hard right now with classes like Survival, DH and Assassination running around.

Just play a lot. Don't let the losses bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    I don't play affliction anymore but it is probably better with an Rshaman in 2s since they perform better in dampening than MW Monks which. Basically your lock has to be as disruptive as possible while also doing good damage. Kind of hard right now with classes like Survival, DH and Assassination running around.

Just play a lot. Don't let the losses bother you.
    Thanks!

I am playing and learning a lot every day, however I feel I might have a better sinergy with a different class as mistweaver monk. Should I go for FDK?

My friend has a RET pala well geared, but I'm not sure what classes go well with ret in 2's. Can you give some hints?

I took a long wow break and I'm way rusty )

Quote Originally Posted by illidarling View Post
    Thanks!

I am playing and learning a lot every day, however I feel I might have a better sinergy with a different class as mistweaver monk. Should I go for FDK?

My friend has a RET pala well geared, but I'm not sure what classes go well with ret in 2's. Can you give some hints?

I took a long wow break and I'm way rusty )
    About Ret, no idea mate sorry. FDK is kind of bad right now but again if you're playing with a friend and can communicate, it shouldn't be impossible to climb. It works alright with MW or used to work alright till before they got the heavy nerfs.

MW Monk needs a spec that can go in and land kills fast. Right now, their best partner is Havoc Demon Hunter. Ret shouldn't be too bad with a MW either, come to think of it, I do remember facing ret/MW recently.

I play UH DK/Rshaman around 2.2 MMR in 2s and Havoc/MW is a nightmare to face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by illidarling View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone help me and my friend with our comp in 2's ... we won like 10-6 in greens and blues and now after getting a bit better gear like 850-ish we get stuck around 1500 rating when we face any melee + resto druid or resto shaman. We faced UH DK + resto druid and we always get to like 60% + healing debuff and then we die...

I play the monk healer...

We usually win vs double dps unless they are mongoloids...

Help please? Some advice how to play vs diff comps ? also feel free to tell me about gear/talents.
    I took a very long break from wow and I find it a really different game..

Thanks!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yakuzen/simple
    Unfortunately, MW and AFF aren't really good in 2s, the good news is those 2 classes are EXCELLENT in 3s. So I suggest finding a 3rd and running 3s.

With 2s, you're better off as a WW than MW.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Unfortunately, MW and AFF aren't really good in 2s, the good news is those 2 classes are EXCELLENT in 3s. So I suggest finding a 3rd and running 3s.

With 2s, you're better off as a WW than MW.
    Yo whaaaaaat?!?

Nah this comp is awesome, it's like resto shaman/afflock except not as good, but the monk has amazing mobility
    I'm a bit tempted to not even give any tips because these are the type of comps that makes me despise 2s.

@illidarling: it's probably more about the artifact wep you guys have isn't leveled up enough the stam really helps you stay alive. Aside from that it's really just about rotating cc's and keeping everything dotted up, you have 3(?) interrupts/silences use them smart...pretty much picture the most annoying way you could possibly play and do that (I know this sounds like bs but srsly just be very annoying) think about it from the other teams perspective what would be the worst possible action for them, you could perform

For Druid teams in particular swap burst targets often works extemely well especially for 1500 druids, them having to re-hot constantly really messes with things
    Last edited by Hashtronaut; 2017-02-04 at 01:22 PM.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders