Demonic sim-ing higher then ST raid build for me?

Here is my character, fairly geared I believe.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emonpat/simple

Here is my askmrrobot sims

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...7fa0f03882d35b

I'm wondering if I'll actually do more dps doing the other build, I have not tried based on the sims. I'm very skilled so I'm not missed my rotation at all and doing it fairly on point. I really don't understand this hardcore PvE thing since I was always a PvP player but I am trying to get serious for my mythic raiding guild. I pulling a good 550 to 600k dps sustain without dipping ( I do burst around 700 to 1,000k ).

I'm wondering if I'm missing something or my gear is just more suited for demonic build even for raiding.

Raddon's tips the scales heavily in favor of demonic.
    Without Raddon's, it's really a suboptimal build. With Raddon's it's viable.
    Play it and see what you think. Personally I hate having to mash a builder.

Some questions/thoughts on this, forgive me since the info I'm asking about is probably in the links but I can't get to them at work.

If you have high mastery and Raddon's then it's entirely possible for sims to be higher with Demonic than raid build.
    Do you also have AOTHG? Eye Beam/Meta CD relics?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    Personally I hate having to mash a builder.
    Amen brother.

I to have raddons and do not have Aothg but i have the 4 piece bonus. On sims demonic used to be behind but now it sims at 620k ST while the standard sims at 610k. thats for 5 minute fights. For very short fights the standard build will be higher because of the insane initial burst damage especially with heroism. but the longer the fight the better demonic becomes because it has much better sustain and if theres some adds going on demonic is very good too. Bottom line is, untill you get Aothg, try both and play wich one u like the most.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpat32 View Post
    Here is my askmrrobot sims
    Here are your simcraft sims

Use real simcraft, not AMR.

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    Here are your simcraft sims

None of those are running First Blood which if I'm not mistaken is the optimal talent for Demonic by a fair margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeswarly View Post
    None of those are running First Blood which if I'm not mistaken is the optimal talent for Demonic by a fair margin.
    Simming myself (I have raddons) with Demonic and with the normal build I'm getting ~20k dps increase going the normal build

That's with 3323333 for demonic and 2222311 for non-demonic

Edit: Scratch that, I was using an old import of my character, I got ~38k dps increase. ~580k to ~618k
    Last edited by Temp name; 2017-02-03 at 08:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    (at)Pucca a list of sims without context doesn't tell much, was that 5 min patchwork? For me at least, Demonic is higher in longer patchwork sims (6-8 min sims, which is more in line with how long progression fights last), is ahead in all sims other than patchwork, and in both raid and dummy testing it consistently performs better (not to mention it is way more fun).

(at)OP Play what you like, they both perform close enough to each other that, unless you are in a mythic progression guild with strict rules, your spec isn't going to be as important as having fun. If you do stick with Demonic though you might want to look into more haste, getting up over 13% smooths out your demonic windows quite a bit (I have mine at 15ish% this gives me enough time that I can generally get all of the GCDs available in my demonic window with some wiggle room for latency spikes or human error). Also, despite it seeming counter intuitive, mastery is going to be your worst stat for the Demonic build. Obviously sim yourself but a good general guideline for Demonic (based off of running a lot of my own sims and finding the various stat weights associated) is:

Agi > Crit > Haste to 13ish% > Vers > Mastery > Haste over 13ish%

EDIT: Can't post an armory link, but my toon is Chevrato on Suramar.

Legendaries are Radon's and Belt, Trinkets are Entwined Elemental Foci and Bloodthirsty Instinct, Stat percentages are 33.40% Crit, 14.70% Haste, 20.99% Mastery, 10.43% Vers.
    Last edited by Chevrato; 2017-02-03 at 08:38 PM.

Demonic is simming 20k lower than the standard build for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Chevrato View Post
    (at)Pucca a list of sims without context doesn't tell much, was that 5 min patchwork?
    i used the same duration and fight type like the op did in his amr sims (thats 450s patchwerk)

Quote Originally Posted by callmeswarly View Post
    discord disagrees, at least for heroic nh, not sure about mythic nh.
    i don't have raddon's, so i dont really care about demonic

i used the same duration and fight type like the op did in his amr sims (thats 450s patchwerk)

discord disagrees, at least for heroic nh, not sure about mythic nh.
    i don't have raddon's, so i dont really care about demonic
    First blood is the recommended choice via the discord, don't know what you're linking there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    First blood is the recommended choice via the discord, don't know what you're linking there though.
    whatever, still sims lower

whatever, still sims lower
    What gear are you simming with? A gearset aimed purely at a First Blood / Chaos Strike build will sim higher with First Blood; a gearset with the legendary helm and a Demonic-oriented stat priority may sim First Blood lower. Are you using the same set for both sims, or optimizing your gear for each build before you test it? Do you have a replacement for the legendary helm such as the ring, or even the neck?

Edit: You also have pretty high crit on your Armory right now for a Demonic build, if you do have a non-Demonic set what are your stats like in it?