Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Raid Finder 0% Damage Experiment = Legendary (Yes RNG is RNG!)

Okay so long story short, one random day I decided to test doing raid finder without doing any damage or healing, just for fun and see what happens.

Some people tested it before, most cases no one cared just as in mine, I was planning on sharing the results in a video but then something happened that completly changed what I wanted to share. I got a legendary(In reality 2), now I know that RNG is RNG, is completly random it doesnt matter what you do.

And yes I got a legendary by doing no damage in raid finder, why? because is random, I know that but my point is, the fact that 'Legendaries' are given in such a random matter throught any part of the world is whats wrong with them, add on top all the other issues that it brings. You are essentially beign rewared a BIS for doing very little most of the time and in this case nothing. An 940 Ilvl item for no work whatsoever.

Whilst, you have huge chain quests like the Balance of Power quest that rewards you a cosmetic skin for your weapon...so you work hard for a cosmetic thing yet for something powerful is completly random on any part of the world. It should be the other way around.

One thing that failed to mention is that you can argue that the old legendaries or any powerful item is random as well, yes they are but for you to get those old legendaries or say a 900ilvl you have to work hard for them a prior path that you have to take. Not in this case in point.

That in my opinion is their inherent problem. You can just do emmisaries in one character and get rewarded such a item, for what? It wont make you feel that you deserved it and wont make you proud of it, and im not even talking about the meaning of legendary and just mentioning them as a very powerful ilvl item.

Anyway I made a video about it, but after this text you dont really need to see it. I just wanted to share my opinion because I see very little people see this point of view and just complain that they dont get any or they get the wrong one, that isnt the true problem.

Link to youtube vid:
    /watch?v=dGJb6xgyum8
    Last edited by Selwen25; 2017-02-05 at 12:24 AM.

Deleted
    if your eligble for loot you are eligble for loot. you can die 10 seconds into mythic guldan too, and if the other 19 players still kill the boss you can still get loot.

Deleted
    I wonder how long you've been doing this to get the footage.

You are a toxic player.

I know that, thats not the point. The point is the fact that they exist in RNG in most part of the world in a completly random matter, which are the most powerful items in game, that is the problem, not that I could get it in raid finder by doing no damage.
    Last edited by Selwen25; 2017-02-04 at 09:13 PM.

really.... please... please no... we dont need people starting this "blizzard gives extra legendaries to people who do NOTHING"
    RNG is RNG you could run 1000000000 lfrs where you do no damage in any of them, and in one of them you may get a legendary every boss, but because that happens doesent mean blizz is giving legendaries to people who do nothing

rng is rng, like... i dont even know what to say but they cant make the game about "ok you do good you will get legendaries and stuff? oh little billy you got unlucky and died? LOL no loot for you get fucked"

Mate, this was done in 4/6 hours. I play WoW for 10 years and love the game, and still play the game for hours daily.

Calling me a toxic player is beyond me.

It's 2017, everything in WoW is tailored to millennials now.

Deleted
    i tried to go naked in a heroic raid once but the raid leader saw me and kicked me i was 30 item levels above the heroic raid

- - - Updated - - -

they should be from mythic only

I promise you that I didn't "work hard" for my glaives in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Selwen25 View Post
    Mate, this was done in 4/6 hours. I play WoW for 10 years and love the game, and still play the game for hours daily.

Nobody cares how long you've played, you're still a piece of shit for wasting 24 other player's time.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    I promise you that I didn't "work hard" for my glaives in TBC.
    Haha yea but unless you were boosted you still had the path to take all the way through the Black Temple, hence you had to do atleast some work for it, if you were indeed boosted well, good on you :P

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Personally, I don't care what other people get, legendaries or not. If you care so much about what other people get from RNG, then you have issues much deeper than any aspect of the game, itself.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted

Because the "no damage" part was totally unnecessary to prove or even illustrate anything regardless it being a random chance to obtain legendary. It was just you abusing the fact that other people actually wanted to finish the instance thus had to work your part as well. The efforts of other people granted you a legendary and you are swinging around this fact for no reason as it serves 0 meaning to anything to do with Legendary system itself.

If that is not toxic then what is?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a known fact that the shittiest and useless players get the better loot.

That in my opinion is their inherent problem. You can just do emmisaries in one character and get rewarded such a item, for what? It wont make you feel that you deserved it and wont make you proud of it, and im not even talking about the meaning of legendary and just mentioning them as a very powerful ilvl item.

Anyway I made a video about it, but after this text you dont really need to see it. I just wanted to share my opinion because I see very little people see this point of view and just complain that they dont get any or they get the wrong one, that isnt the true problem.
    Oh WoW. Grats. Is thay what I am suppose to say?

So you got a legendary without doing anything. Random is random.

The problem with legendary is not the randomness. It is people, like you, who feels some people should be rewarded, deserve it more and others should not.

Just think next patch you will be able to just make legendaries if you have the right profession. You will have to work for it ( gathering mats, doing dungeons and raids) and complete a long quest chain. But what's the point if RNG will give me 2 in an LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    It's a known fact that the shittiest and useless players get the better loot.
    "known fact" .... so how are your BiS legendaries working out there for you

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Balance of Power = Effort

?????

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Balance of Power = Effort

?????
    +1 haha i remember we used to collect 3k shit from BRF

I've learned that it is better to do 0 damage than just auto-attack or something. When you do very little damage people notice you, when you do 0 damage you are a ghost.