Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You wont get lengedary if you afk in dalaran

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    Because the "no damage" part was totally unnecessary to prove or even illustrate anything regardless it being a random chance to obtain legendary. It was just you abusing the fact that other people actually wanted to finish the instance thus had to work your part as well. The efforts of other people granted you a legendary and you are swinging around this fact for no reason as it serves 0 meaning to anything to do with Legendary system itself.

If that is not toxic then what is?
    I get what you mean and wholeheartedly agree with you on the notion. But calling LFR effort must be the biggest troll in the history of the game. :X

Its pseudo-RNG.

This has been the case since forever, its nothing new, the not so dedicated players need to get rewarded to keep paying.

Also there is the "welcome back" luck boost they seem to give if you have been gone for awhile.

Every time myself and friends quit the game for a long period of 6 months + when we return we magically get rare mounts, rare shit, bis drops the first week or so.

"RNG"

Whenever i feel like i want loot from LFR on my alts, i simply underperform or try to die, voila, loot!

I am amazed people get into these conspiracy theories about RNG now , we have been doing this since TBC/WoTLK, it started from a whole net cafe of 20-30+ people playing WoW for different reasons, but only the uber casual "i dont give a fuck" always got the ultra rare shit dropping despite there being so many playing literally 12h a day.

Of course anecdotal evidence, but every since pretty much accepting some stuff in WoW are rigged, we use this "Trick" to gear up alts..Simply suck at the game, or pretend you suck at the game and the gear comes from LFR.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-05 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selwen25 View Post
    Mate, this was done in 4/6 hours. I play WoW for 10 years and love the game, and still play the game for hours daily.

Calling me a toxic player is beyond me.
    You were in a group and did nothing so you could advance your little experiment.

OK, so you don't like the word 'toxic'. Fine.

Calling players who do this and then rush to a forum to talk about it assholes gets to the same place. Take your pick.

The game's RNG over the long run better rewards players who play more. There are exceptions. We all know this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...did people actually think performance mattered when it came to legendary chances?

Deleted
    Did you really think that performance mattered? Next, stove, is it hot?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, basically this is a youtuber doing a self promotion and phrasing his post to get it bumped. Sigh. I know, I did.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Very bigly. I mean everyone is doing LFR these days to get their legendary and super titan-forged "bis" gear.

This rant wasn't cool when they argued about "uhh completed the game AFK" nor is it "uhh free legendary AFK"...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assholery masquerading as experimentation.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the legendary ring on my mage within 30 minutes of hitting 110.

I literally hit 110, killed the world boss for that week, hadn't even do a single emissary cache, and got it.

My iLvL at the time was ~780-ish, freshly dinged, and since it was post 7.1.5, it was a 940, so didn't even have to upgrade.

RNG is RNG. Everyone already knew this, including yourself.

Seemed a pretty pointless and dickish exercise just to reach a known conclusion.

7+ Year Old Account
    This has nothing to do with RNG.... OP is a fucking idiot!

This is all about how you design boss figths. The "doing nothing for legendaries" is happening, because you are rewarded for being in the group and having a group gathered that can kill the boss. The game does not care if you do 0% or 100% of the dmg, aslong as you participate and is part of the group. This is great game design and not bad. We can have a legendary talk another day, but there has to be a much better starting point.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

You either had a really fucking patient LFR group or they were just THAT dumb to not have kicked you. Especially for something that isn't really news to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is OP pointing out something we have known since the legion beta?
    Aye mate

Nothing new, this is basically been the same rule of thumb since Cata..

Quote Originally Posted by Selwen25 View Post
    Mate, this was done in 4/6 hours. I play WoW for 10 years and love the game, and still play the game for hours daily.

Calling me a toxic player is beyond me.
    just because you play the game for 10 years doesnt make it any less dickmove then it is . jerk behaviour is jerk behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    we call this "experiment" now? last time i checked it was a dickmove and you were an asshole ... oh well
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It's 2017, everything in WoW is tailored to millennials now.
    I'm starting to think they know how millenials act, and design the game in a way that makes them cry just because Blizzard knows it's the only time millenials aren't miserable.

I got my 1st legendary on my druid after doing my 1st ever emissary on it. I was 110 for about 15minutes.

no need for experiment i could tell u that myself, i afked whole fight and got bis legendary ...
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

While I understand the comments towards OP for griefing. This does further drive the issue of griefing in random queue and lack of systems to deal without aside from player interaction with the kick feature which has its limits and can fail even when used legitimately. PVP has automated systems to deal with AFKs and even low level bots while in LFR a player can go AFK with a player on follow with low risk of getting kicked. Then there are those who abuse the healer queues that goof around as DPS.