Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrina View Post
    I honestly think the legendaries should be re-worked to be viable for all of your character's specs and to be more easily upgraded. 50 whatever of aman'thul takes a long time to collect for a non-hardcore player.
    If you take forever to get the 50, you don't need them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    It is not expotential. It is just linear to your farm times.
    again you arnt reading, its expotential because you are doing harder and harder content, in the same time, and that content is giving you more points

back when you had 1 legendary it took 10 minutes to do a normal and gave you 1/100 points
    going for your second it now takes 3 minutes to do a normal, and they now give you 1/300 points....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So I farm m+/do emisarries on my shaman, I'm on 8 days played, have 2 legendaries.
    I do maybe 1 day of emisarries per week on my warlock, I'm on 4 days played, have 3 legendaries.

???

7+ Year Old Account
    That is not true when you can create a new character and restart.
    except it is i dont see where you are getting your facts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    So I farm m+/do emisarries on my shaman, I'm on 8 days played, have 2 legendaries.
    I do maybe 1 day of emisarries per week on my warlock, I'm on 4 days played, have 3 legendaries.

???
    RNG is RNG

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except it is i dont see where you are getting your facts

- - - Updated - - -

RNG is RNG
    That is not RNG

That is not RNG
    how isn't it?

Every emissary you open is a diceroll.
    Your KP system is kinda dumb lol

7+ Year Old Account
    again you arnt reading, its expotential because you are doing harder and harder content, in the same time, and that content is giving you more points

back when you had 1 legendary it took 10 minutes to do a normal and gave you 1/100 points
    going for your second it now takes 3 minutes to do a normal, and they now give you 1/300 points....
    Your math is garbage. I will prove you are just wrong at math.

Deleted
    my dk has no legendary, and has 7 times what it says is required for the first legendary....
    That's not how the law of large numbers work.
    Statistics mean nothing to the individual.

You may have a 0.00001% to get a legendary on the first dungeon someone runs after dinging 110.
    However, to the person who actually did get that legendary on the first run, it's a 100% chance.
    Does that mean everyone else should get a 100% chance too?

The opposite can also apply.
    There may be a very small chance of not obtaining a legendary even after 7 times of what is required according to the site.
    That doesn't mean that YOU can't be the person for who that small chance applies.
    It is not the reality for everyone else, only for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    how isn't it?

Every emissary you open is a diceroll.
    Your KP system is kinda dumb lol
    RNG never means a diminishing returns. Diminishing returns are DESIGNERS PLAY YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post
    what is that site/tool?
    https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/

Just remember it is just a play on the rule of averages and by no means an absolute. RNG is RNG reguardless.

But it was only 10 points off from my 4th legendary drop and was about 100 off from my 3rd. So while again, RNG is RNG, the rule of averages are there. I would use it as a tool to say "ok its getting close to be that time"
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-02-05 at 07:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your math is garbage. I will prove you are just wrong at math.
    except it is rng... your math is garbage
    you still havent proven its not rng, because it is, your "calc" has been proven wrong by many examples

- - - Updated - - -

RNG never means a diminishing returns. Diminishing returns are DESIGNERS PLAY YOU
    omfg do you even know how RNG works?
    thats like saying a dice that removes a side each roll is not random...
    its still random, just that it becomes less random each time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hemario View Post
    That's not how the law of large numbers work.
    Statistics mean nothing to the individual.

You may have a 0.00001% to get a legendary on the first dungeon someone runs after dinging 110.
    However, to the person who actually did get that legendary on the first run, it's a 100% chance.
    Does that mean everyone else should get a 100% chance too?

The opposite can also apply.
    There may be a very small chance of not obtaining a legendary even after 7 times of what is required according to the site.
    That doesn't mean that YOU can't be the person for who that small chance applies.
    It is not the reality for everyone else, only for you.
    (i was pointing out how it is RNG, and this calculator is stupid, as the op is trying to state its not RNG and this legendary is exact)

7+ Year Old Account
    except it is rng... your math is garbage
    you still havent proven its not rng, because it is, your "calc" has been proven wrong by many examples

- - - Updated - - -

omfg do you even know how RNG works?
    thats like saying a dice that removes a side each roll is not random...
    its still random, just that it becomes less random each time

- - - Updated - - -

(i was pointing out how it is RNG, and this calculator is stupid, as the op is trying to state its not RNG and this legendary is exact)

7+ Year Old Account
    except again you keep ignoring that as time passes yes it takes more "kill points" (by your logic) to get a legendary
    but you ALSO get more kill points per hour, because you are doing harder content faster

7+ Year Old Account
    RNG also relies on Law of large numbers

- - - Updated - - -

except again you keep ignoring that as time passes yes it takes more "kill points" (by your logic) to get a legendary
    but you ALSO get more kill points per hour, because you are doing harder content faster
    You are wrong. You can just replace those numbers with the maximum KP points/hour and that proves they are just linear.

Kill points aren't a thing. My character has 1937 of these "killpoints" however, I raid 6 days a week on the mythic level. I have no idea how these thing started but its time to stop, its all based on rng and chances. Also having 4 "crap" legendary items will not prevent you from preforming well. You can still be in the top 5% without the bis legends.

7+ Year Old Account
    RNG also relies on Law of large numbers

http://i.imgur.com/dJDFWTS.png

- - - Updated - - -

You are wrong. You can just replace those numbers with the maximum KP points/hour and that proves they are just linear.
    except it doesent

rolling a 2 sided dice that one side has 1, the other 2, THAT IS STILL RNG

and even if it is linear who says the linear curve isnt higher then the exponential curve of the legendaries?]
    you seem to be spouting random math where its not needed trying to sound smart

7+ Year Old Account
    except it doesent

rolling a 2 sided dice that one side has 1, the other 2, THAT IS STILL RNG

and even if it is linear who says the linear curve isnt higher then the exponential curve of the legendaries?
    RNG doesn't mean it will NEVER happen. If that is the case, maximum likelihood estimation will NEVER work. maximum likelihood estimate

7+ Year Old Account
    RNG doesn't mean it will NEVER happen. If that is the case, maximum likelihood estimation will NEVER work. maximum likelihood estimate
    rng means by the law of infinite, it will happen eventually, just how long
    you could have a 99.999999999999% chance, and could spend years rolling for it each second and it never drops, thats the laws of randomness... you dont seem to be able to understand that...

op is totally right. Many top players went like this: Farm to 4 legendaries, the 2 good ones not amongst them = new chars of the same class. repeat until 2 bis legendaries are yielded. This shit has to stop. The best way would be delete your crap legendary, and farm a new one, so you are able to play your main char (some people played the same char for like 10 + years) and still stay viable.

and /lol at all the newbs that have no idea whats going on in this game. Just check the names of the chars from dps demanding kills, for example methods guarm killvid, its not the 5+ year old main, but the same class, same spec reroll with a few ^and ´ and ` in their otherwise same names. It was even brought up in this forum and the general consensus is going to 4 legendaries, and reroll same class up to 4 again until u get lucky with the two dps legendaries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    op is totally right. Many top players went like this: Farm to 4 legendaries, the 2 good ones not amongst them = new chars of the same class. repeat until 2 bis legendaries are yielded. This shit has to stop. The best way would be delete your crap legendary, and farm a new one, so you are able to play your main char (some people played the same char for like 10 + years) and still stay viable.

and /lol at all the newbs that have no idea whats going on in this game. Just check the names of the chars from dps demanding kills, for example methods guarm killvid, its not the 5+ year old main, but the same class, same spec reroll with a few ^and ´ and ` in their otherwise same names. It was even brought up in this forum and the general consensus is going to 4 legendaries, and reroll same class up to 4 again until u get lucky with the two dps legendaries.
    that was when there was a 4 legendary softcap, that has since been removed... learn to look like 2 months into the past?