Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Uhm, you can only equip 2 of them and he clearly isn't happy with the performance boost of any of them. Why would he not delete something he will never ever use? especially considering the possibility that he would increase his chances of getting a legendary he actually wants.
    I literally just said that one can only wear two.

I only said that were was LIKELY going to be a chance of wearing 4, never said that it was really going to be the case....

Also, deleting a legendary he will never use? This is legion man. I'll expect blizzard to increase the number of legendaries one would wear....

7+ Year Old Account
    They prevent us from destroying legendaries? Funny, I deleted those shtty cloth boots once I got both of the arcmage BiS legendaries.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no diminishing returns, it's been this way literally for months now. In fact neither keeping nor destroying them would increase the odds of getting ones that you actually want, the game remembers what you have gotten. That whole "killpoints" thing is literally just a spreadsheet of probabilities, it has nothing to do with fact or guarantees. It's just saying that by XX kill points you will probably have Y legendaries.

But I'm probably just posting to some troll who's whole purpose is to spread misinformation to shit on blizzards reputation.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-02-06 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Because of the diminishing returns of KP

--snip--
    This website is totally inaccurate

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    There is no diminishing returns, it's been this way literally for months now. In fact neither keeping nor destroying them would increase the odds of getting ones that you actually want, the game remembers what you have gotten. That whole "killpoints" thing is literally just a spreadsheet of probabilities, it has nothing to do with fact or guarantees. It's just saying that by XX kill points you will probably have Y legendaries.

But I'm probably just posting to some troll who's whole purpose is to spread misinformation to shit on blizzards reputation.
    There is diminishing returns.

back when you got your first legendary you were doing normal and heroic dungeons, and normal EN raiding...

at your fourth or fifth legendary you are now doing M+and normal/heroic NH

so you are getting MUCH more points...
    Doesn't account for later legendaries requiring 5-10x the boss kills/m+ of earlier ones. It takes more time even if that many more bosses were available

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    Nice work with the code.

About the accuracy of those numbers used in original spreadsheet, they are based on stats from november and are not really good for predicting the next drop (as explained in the OP). Especially the numbers for 5th and 6th are probably way too high. On the other hand, Mythic+ is probably getting too many KP in the script, because criteria 33096 is counting already every difficulty above +2, so there's no need to double count +5 and above.

I just did an update to OP with some new stats and those numbers should be more accurate. And might be good to show also probabilities, because using only averages can be misleading. About things like tracking emissary quests maybe easiest way for a site is to just let people type in how many they have done.
    Detailed numbers in spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Also did some new statistics about Nighthold legendary drops:

Thanks impending doom to show there is diminishing returns on the 5th legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    for example says i should have 3 and im "on progress to my next" i have 5... so...
    Still better than mine! "You should have received 4 legendaries so far. Progress towards the next legendary: 49%"

You know how many legendaries I have?

So yeah, fuck this website, now I can have proof that half the people "have more legendaries than they deserve" according to some guesstimate algorythm while I can play my smallest violin having a confirmation I'm unlucky as shit.

P.S. I wonder how this algorythm is calculated because I'm not really a big m+ farmer, so I kinda lived with the fact I have small amount of legendaries in comparison to avid m+ farmers but where do all these kill points come from then?

The whole random loot thing is dumb to begin with. It's just to artificially extend play time. I know people disliked the old Justice Point system but at least you could work towards gear you actually wanted.

They should at least let you trade in gear you DON'T want to increase your chances of getting gear you DO want (basically like the "bad luck" multiplier).

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Here's the better question:

Why destroy your legendaries?

They're obviously an ilvl upgrade, and THEY'RE LEGENDARIES! You can still get more of them, and there's likely going to be a chance you'll wear 4, maybe in patch 7.3. WHO KNOWS?! Right now, all I want to know is this, why do YOU want to delete them. Hell, most people are jealous of your 4 legendary BS. Don't delete the shit.
    I honestly don't know which is more soul crushing, personally. Not getting a Legendary for months on end, or having the luck to get multiple legendaries only for them to be balanced for shit.

Atleast the prior will have an better chance at getting one that's good.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrina View Post
    I honestly think the legendaries should be re-worked to be viable for all of your character's specs and to be more easily upgraded. 50 whatever of aman'thul takes a long time to collect for a non-hardcore player.
    Yeah, they should definitely make legendaries change effects when you change spec just like sets, the current system of absurd spec-locking is just... dumb. Not sure I agree that upgrading takes super long(you can pretty easily get 1 upgrade/week, more if you both raid and PvP), although I do find it odd that we got the ToV ilevel bump for free but have to actively upgrade legendaries this time around.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Diminishing returns on legendaries are dumb.

Sadly, all my 4 legendaries on main are crap, but I love my character and don't want to reroll a new one.

Why does blizzard prevent us from destroying legendaries to solve the diminishing return issue? Is that mean I HAVE TO create a new character if I have 4+ crap legendaries?
    because deleting them is a bad idea, and your info is wrong/outdated.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=9#post-176
    Last edited by zhero; 2017-02-06 at 06:57 AM.

A better question is: Why aren't the Legendaries removed from the game already?

Deleted
    Why would destroying legendaries help with anything?

Do you also play the lottery and always tear up minor winnings when you don't win the jackpot; because tearing up the minor-win somehow raises your luck the next time around?

You can destroy Boss-drop nr.1 as much as you want, but it won't make boss-drop nr.2 drop more or less likely.

Thanks impending doom to show there is diminishing returns on the 5th legendary.
    I don't think i could face-palm any harder than i just did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Holy shit this thing ... if I get my next legendary in the next couple days or so (as it predicts ... I'm at 99% towards my next) I'm going to lose my shit.

And before anyone comments, I realize it's just guesstimating, but considering everything we know about droprates it really isn't that hard to come up with a good estimation tool.
    Even considering bad luck protection, what you're thinking is the Gambler's Fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

I'm pretty damn casual and I upgraded 2 legendaries within 2 weeks. Essences aren't hard to farm, do one M+ for the week and you've got a third of one upgrade.

Deleted
    Sorry if it has been mentioned in the topic already (only read about 2,5 pages worth of comments), but what the hell is it about this "hurrdurr you have to delete your char after 4 legendaries" shit? Didn't they remove the "softcap" on bad luck protection weeks (months?) ago?

Also, all of the estimations are just basically lying to yourself. I have a friend, who raids (talking about "normal" raids, not LFR) exactly the same amount as me, but in general he plays less, alas he has done less emissary caches, Mythic+s, and LFRs, yet he got 3 legendaries faster than I got 2... So yeah i suggest you just ignore all the estimation hocus-pocus bullshit, and simply "pray a little" everytime you kill a boss, or open a cache.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    You can get some off of LFR, few off of Nighthold, and get 15 off of a weekly chest. It's not so bad....

And must I mention the emmisseries?
    Not to mention that it is only for the ones you already had pre 7.1.5. It takes a week to upgrade one legendary. I don't know why dude was complaining about getting 50 essence when you could sneeze and get them that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    This website is totally inaccurate
    but this is accurate as fuck for my main + 3alts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrina View Post
    I honestly think the legendaries should be re-worked to be viable for all of your character's specs and to be more easily upgraded. 50 whatever of aman'thul takes a long time to collect for a non-hardcore player.
    Not really, honestly. Even if you only do emissary quests and LFR, you will probably have them in less than 3 weeks per Legendary. That's really not that bad considering how much of an upgrade it provides.