Is this the longest thread ever? If no what is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Probably the whining about flying thread
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    You do realize that the most important factor in being as "good" as these players you're trying to put on a pedestal is having no life and playing 16+ hours a day right? There are plenty of players that play WoW that are just as good or even better skill wise than many of the players in these guilds. The one thing they can't do though is waste their life away 16+ hours a day on this game.

Also nice pathetic attempt at trying to compare wasting your life and being "good" at WoW to any sort of life skill.
    You do realize that the most important factor in being among the best in anything in life is hard work? Let that sink in. You have to work extra hard to be the best. You can be a one shot wonder who has his luck and with some talent and very little work get that one medal in or close one major deal in business... but to be consistently successful and at the top you have to work hard, harder then the rest. That's implied. You didn't discover anything that folks didn't know for thousands of years. It is strange how you think that's wrong or make them less of the champions.

Another thing, you will not find even one casual Joe to pull the same numbers in the same gear for 50 consecutive pulls as one player in the top guild. That skill that you talk about is not something that's magically in your blood, it's developed by practicing. Practice makes perfect, did you even hear about that one?

Lastly, it is scientifically proven that getting to the highest level in a competitive game develops your brain and makes you more successful in other areas in life. For example, any player from a top guild, if motivated to do so, could do very well in any job that requires focus for extended amount of time, time management, quick decisions and teamwork.

Use your brain, man, think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Probably the whining about flying thread
    they made THREE capped threads. THREE.

And it was a total of 6 people crying and bitching about the same things, over and over. Mods should have banned them for spamming but didnt for some stupid reason.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    No flying thread seems to be longest.

You can also find lots of long threads in off-topic section, full of shitposts with way lower quality than troll posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    You do realize that the most important factor in being as "good" as these players you're trying to put on a pedestal is having no life and playing 16+ hours a day right? There are plenty of players that play WoW that are just as good or even better skill wise than many of the players in these guilds. The one thing they can't do though is waste their life away 16+ hours a day on this game.

Also nice pathetic attempt at trying to compare wasting your life and being "good" at WoW to any sort of life skill.
    There are many good or better players but they're not as many as you might think. To be good at this game you need to dedicate time outside the raids so you still need an decent UI, good understanding of the fights, very good grasp on what buttons to press, a very good knowledge of the class and how you can minimize the downsides during a fight.
    I don't think I ever was good enough for a top guild and even I spent time implementing an app that would find an optimal gear set back in Cata/MoP, and that took hundreds of hours. Then countless hours of sims and checking simcraft code for issues, modifying addons to show proper drain ticks etc. Dummy tests for new ideas, dummy tests to keep the other specs up to date (MoP in ToTFW/ToT when destro was good on some fights if done properly).

I practiced research skills, I learned how to focus on the same shit for long hours, I learned that practice makes perfect (rotation, boss fights and real life ), I practiced my debugging skills, I learned a bit of lua, I modified code totally foreign to me, I practiced constructive arguments with fellow locks in the guild, I tried to come up with a fast-ish algorithm to find an optimal combination of stats (I still don't know if it was good but for the few data sets I had it worked).

There's tons of benefits to actually putting a lot of time in WoW, even if it's related but outside the game.
    The biggest advantage to playing 16 hour days ... it lasts 2-3 weeks and then you get a lot more free time than people who play less per day for many months, if you want to.

Grats to Exorcus on the world first!

Gotta admit, I've been pulling for them ever since they came out with ERT. ERT is probably my 3rd most useful raid addon after weakauras and dbm. Method has come up with a super useful WA that I used for one boss, but ERT has helped out with way more. Serenity hasn't done jack shit for me other then talk about how great they are and then lose repeatedly. Looks like of the current tier, its Exorcus +2 (inc the big one) and Method + 1.

I'll be an Exorcus fanboy until Method or Serenity comes out with something as useful as ERT!

Time to check out of the circlejerk until ToS

Deleted
    Any Elisande Mythic killvideo out there¿

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    Any Elisande Mythic killvideo out there¿
    Not yet but im waiting for gul'dan kill video to finally know about the hidden 3rd phase.

Deleted
    haha love the salty tears of new players who have never witnessed the greatness when WoW was new and people needed to figure out everything instead of watching guides and downloading addons.

Deleted
    Was out of town and away from Internet for a couple days, so I'm late to the party but GZ Exorsus! Deserved win

And I didn't care who'd win, just wanted to see a good race and it delivered

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    haha love the salty tears of new players who have never witnessed the greatness when WoW was new and people needed to figure out everything instead of watching guides and downloading addons.
    Im so mad i missed the good old days of raiding where a mage would spam frost bolt into the boss for 10mins before it died ohhhhh goody those were the days.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Im so mad i missed the good old days of raiding where a mage would spam frost bolt into the boss for 10mins before it died ohhhhh goody those were the days.
    The raids were still as fun as they are today. Not as complex, not as much information or addons but it was still fun. My two breaks from WoW were due to burn-out from friction with other players. I just couldn't get myself to login when I knew Vent would devolve into shouts and insults and me rage-quitting raids, with officers barely able to contain the fighting. This tends to happen after a few hundred wipes on the same boss.

Sorry but those mighty days when you were 8 level gnomezor and found his way to wetlands and he's seen a murlock with a skull under its nameplate and says wtf is that... those were epic days.

Yes much simpler game, but it involved a lot of exploration. Nowadays you know everything before even the content is out.

Deleted
    Yeah i totally feel you! I am so mad i missed the good old days of raiding where you shuold move from a very big and nasty patch of fire and kill few adds, oh boy if i only had addon for that complex stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Lalainne View Post
    Not yet but im waiting for gul'dan kill video to finally know about the hidden 3rd phase.
    3 hour 45 mins begin
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/119990151

10+ Year Old Account
    Or a Lock would just use Shadow Bolt, as they couldn't dot the boss in case they overwrote sunder armour, for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by linyucobet View Post
    Hey hey, cool, whatever it is!

Edit: beautiful.
    Last edited by Enthralled; 2017-02-06 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Hey hey, cool, whatever it is!

Edit: beautiful.
    thats not guldan....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mztickle View Post
    Serenity were not raiding during the day, only started at 1900 CET so not raiding for double the time and therefore not an unfair race.
    Even if, who says the guilds in the world first race must only raid certain hours for a fair race? :thinking:
    That's strange isn't it. How can anyone be working a usual 8-4 job and be up till 3 am raiding..