Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let religious people run around doing what they want going where they want for long enough and eventually something bad will happen, as history has proven many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    My god at least have the balls to say what you think OP.

Your own article lists it as a failure of government and thats exactly what it is. A failure to educate, integrate and punish.

And no its not freaking muslims, its a predominantly African culture issue, than a religious one.
    So people from Africa mutilating children is the fault of Westminster? Is Jeremy Corbyn holding them down whilst Boris Johnson gets the knife ready? Or perhaps is it 100% the fault of those who commit the acts? I am going to go with the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Well i mean they banned people wearing burkas that's pretty barbaric to prevent people from wearing what ever clothing they choose.
    That's a legitimate security concern though. Total facial covering prevents identification if a crime is committed. People are asked to remove motorcycle helmets in banks and the like for the same reason. I've got no major objection to muslims as many posters here do but this particular ban does make some sense. You can't remove a burqa as easily as you can any other form of facial covering, hence why afaik things like niqab which cover the face but can be removed are still permitted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Try going to Saudi and announce that you're gay. Or one of the no-go zones in France or Sweden and see what happens. Yes, you are safe in the US because thankfully it's still a Christian majority country. At worst you have people discriminating against you and saying some bad things, and not jailing you or murdering you because you're gay.
    My god how clueless can one individual be. It seems like your entire perception of Muslims is based on whatever echo-chamber you've shut yourself in rather than having actually done some proper unbiased research yourself.

I travel to Pakistan every couple years and let me make this as clear as possible that I'm openly gay and out to my entire conservative Muslim family and all of my friends there. As a matter of fact on my last trip I used Grindr, a gay dating/hookup app up, and I enjoyed more than a few sexual encounters thanks to it. A lot of guys hid their faces on it to be discreet but a lot felt comfortable enough to show their face, something someone wouldn't do unless they were suicidal as according to you they would get jailed or murdered.

As far as the US goes I'm openly gay and out to the people who go to my Mosque. While some have tried to argue with me about it most just mind their own damn business and don't treat me any different than before I had come out to them.

Yes Islam and Muslim countries have a long way to go as far as gay rights are concerned. I will say though that unless you have actually lived and experienced the gay life or the underground movements going on in said countries and communities then don't presume to speak on my or other LGBT peoples behalf.

Oh and lastly you would be hard pressed to find a lot of non-Saudi Muslims who are fond of Saudi Arabian politics or their policies.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Didnt you people know?, its a religion of peace, stop being bigots, its their culture, stop being so insensitive!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-06 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right myopic and selfish.
    It is a thread about FGM in the UK, where am I supposed to be discussing if not the UK? Outer Mongolia?

No, I just care about context and approach. We're not going to de-radicalize islam by hating islam.
    It is up to them to de-radicalise, it is not our fault if they don't.

You literally had to get rid of a prime minister who was happy to appease hitler in order to even engage in WW2 by that time many Jewish people had already lost their lives.
    Do you have a relevant point? We were not responsible for the Nazis killing Jews, the Nazis were.

It's pretty barbaric to say that people can't wear certain pieces of cloth. It's not mildly inconvenient if it hampers your ability to practice your beliefs.
    That is still not barbaric. You love false equivalencies, don't you?

Yeah you don't care unless if effects you or people around you.
    My primary concern is for people I know, I have no issue with that.

Ah yes cling to those, it makes up for millions of lives ruined and extinguished.
    Millions more saved by a significant margin. It would be nice if the minus column was lower, but I can't change the past.

Yeah you are. Intersex children should have the choice to surgery, it shouldn't be decided by doctors at their birth.
    That is still not a British cultural practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Thanks to braindead liberals, they are scared of losing their jobs, being labelled for life and possibly face criminal persecution.
    Anyone who dares to touch a minority is instantly subject to widescale bullying campaigns.
    What utter rubbish. I had my youngest brother move to the US because of increasing intolerance for Muslims or brown people in general in London of all places.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Weird a thread talking about muslims but it's a problem affecting African "christians"

Deleted
    The problem is people not embracing our norms and our values when they came to our country for a better life. For some reason they still want to keep the baggage they should have left behind.

But then holding them to the same standard as locals is deemed racist. What's a few mutilations here and there when multiculturalism for the sake of multiculturalism is at stake.

Yeah going to agree with religion here. Male circumcision is a thing because it is supposed to make you less likely to jerk off. It started in the 1920's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Put down the pitchfork for fuck sake mate.
    You went with your go to argument...blame Westminster.

Its an issue stemming from African culture, that needs to be tackled by understanding them and isolating the children at risk, currently we are failing at that, theres no two ways about it.

Its not our fault, but its became our problem if we wish to hold everyone to the same standard of law.
    We don't bring them into our country and then understand them, you have it backwards. They need to understand us before they come over and accept our ways, or they just don't come. Simple as that.

You have this strange idea that people want to fit in and adjust to our ways, if only we helped them to do so, but we do help, we spend a fortune on these people, yet many don't give a shit and refuse to adapt.

We need a far more thorough vetting process, the types of people who think this sort of thing is acceptable should not be allowed to set foot on our soil. There are plenty of people from throughout the world, of all faiths and skin tones, who hold values similar to our own, so we don't need to import the dregs of humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We don't bring them into our country and then understand them, you have it backwards. They need to understand us before they come over and accept our ways, or they just don't come. Simple as that.

You have this strange idea that people want to fit in and adjust to our ways, if only we helped them to do so, but we do help, we spend a fortune on these people, yet many don't give a shit and refuse to adapt.

We need a far more thorough vetting process, the types of people who think this sort of thing is acceptable should not be allowed to set foot on our soil. There are plenty of people from throughout the world, of all faiths and skin tones, who hold values similar to our own, so we don't need to import the dregs of humanity.
    I agree with this.

If a country allows me some special considerations based on my religion/culture then it is a privilege and they are being considerate. They are under no obligation to bend over backwards for it though.

The male genital mutilation is the norm in US and you complain about the female genital mutilation in UK

10+ Year Old Account
    Islam is a global thing. Ignoring this is ignoring the context in which it exists, and will not solve anything.
    And this thread is about the UK.

You have no idea about this history of this do you? It's british and american imperialism that radicalised islam. They gave radical groups arms in order to fight communists and now they are paying the price.
    Having read extensively about the history of the Middle East, I am curious as to how Britain and America radicalised Islam prior to either nation existing. An impressive feat. Is there anything else we achieved before we existed?

The UK was partially responsible. Hitler gave an ultimatum. Other european countries take their Jewish population or the Nazi's would kill them. The British and other european governments refused so they started to kill them.
    The British were not responsible at all for Nazis killing Jews.

It's barbaric to stop people practicing their chosen religion (so long as they do not harm others, as many people who practice islam do), it's barbaric to target them. You seem to have a very high standard of barbarism that excludes yourself.
    A burka ban is still not barbaric.

I'd have an issue only caring about the people around me. It's self serving. The people around you take care of you. Only someone who is not selfish would care about people who do not care about them.
    Ther are billions of people in this world, I prefer a pragmatic approach.

Millions of Britons and westerners. Antibiotics and such were still not given to many people in the colonies, even today those medical supplies are not available to many countries that were destabilized by colonialism.
    Ah yes, I forgot that everything is the fault of colonialism.

Right it's not solely british, it's a "western" cultural practice.
    Up next it will be an international cultural practice.

I read the article and I think its sensationalist, there is no doubt it happens in the African countries others have mentioned but the fact it's discovered and treated in the UK when they actually get some decent healthcare doesn't mean it's suddenly rampant in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    The male genital mutilation is the norm in US and you complain about the female genital mutilation in UK
    haha yeah seriously, around the whole world, its probably happening multiple times every second. 0 shits given.

this is one of those things future generations a few hundred years from now will look back on and cringe, while the majority of us right now somehow thinks its normal to be chopping off the tips of babies dicks.

Burqa ban is barbaric.
    You can wear that shit as much as you want. In the Middle East or in your kitchen. THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!! (Actually the "western civilized world", no ninja allowed)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    I travel to Pakistan every couple years and let me make this as clear as possible that I'm openly gay and out to my entire conservative Muslim family and all of my friends there. As a matter of fact on my last trip I used Grindr, a gay dating/hookup app up, and I enjoyed more than a few sexual encounters thanks to it. A lot of guys hid their faces on it to be discreet but a lot felt comfortable enough to show their face, something someone wouldn't do unless they were suicidal as according to you they would get jailed or murdered.
    That's a nice anecdotal evidence, but your family and friends are not going to report you. Obviously gay communities are not going to expose each other either. But Pakistan still has LAWS AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY with a punishment of life imprisonment or stoning to death, which you conveniently omitted. Maybe they aren't easy to enforce, but they are there and a quick google search shows that it does happen every now and then and there are actually people imprisoned for homosexuality in Pakistan right now.

These kind of laws exist in almost every country with muslim majority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    One answer.
    Religion.
    idd, ppl still respect religions in the world if you look abit into them then you will see very fast that they are infact cults with twisted beleaves.
    And nobody is doing anything to protect childeren, women and animals against these crazy ppl.

But this is about females, dont forget that jewish ppl are doing this to boys aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you continue to ignore context, it's ignorant to do so.
    You're just trying to change the subject. I don't get a say with every Government in the world, I am British and this thread is about FGM in the UK.

Well Islam wasn't always like this and today only a minority are. In fact the people you're railing against are fundamentalists. it would be like claiming America was full of terrorists because they are Christians.
    Pick up a history book, read about what happened in Asia Minor and Greece, then come back and have a chat about history.

If you'd really studied the history of the middle east, you'd be aware of the fact that the American government armed the Taliban and what is now ISIS in order to fight Soviet Russia. They gave power to the fundamentalists, they are the reason very fundamentalist belief in such prominence today.
    They have been radical since the 7th Century, the US didn't form until the late 18th Century, Britain formed in the early 18th Century, neither nation are responsible for the radicalisation of Islam.

Okay believe appeasement had nothing to do with WW2 just be ignorant.
    Pretty sure Chamberlain didn't force the Nazi to invade Poland or gas Jews.

Burqa ban is barbaric. We're not going to agree on this because you lack the self awareness to believe you could be wrong.
    Still not barbaric. Telling a person to not wear a crucifix is also not barbaric. Lots of things are not barbaric, unfair maybe, but not barbaric. You trying to make a comparison to FGM with a burka ban is ludicrous.

Yeah there are billions of people in the world and with a little bit of effort from everyone we could alleviate much of the suffering that exists. But we don't.
    I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony.

Not everything is the fault of colonialism, but it was a massive destabilizing force and was something that changed the world forever.
    Much of it was positive, much of it negative. Shit happens, can't change the past and blaming colonialism for whatever bad things happen in the world is just passing the buck.

Yep it already is a global cultural practice to mutilate intersex children.
    Oh my good God! It'll be a Galaxy cultural practice next.