Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well he is going to, so we can all be happy.
    Uhm.. yay? Good for you guys?

America is never gonna reduce its military spending even if every other NATO country spent 100 percent of there gdp on defense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No no no, the USA need 12 more carriers, that carry jets that does not fly, which is okay cause the catapults of the carriers does not work either, to fight Mexico or countries that have no navies and no airforce.
    Did you do some weed, or what are you talking about? fight Mexico? when did that happen.

Well he is going to, so we can all be happy.
    Dumb question dude, you are defending Europe against what ? Russia that your POTUS have an hard-on for ?

''Dangerous terrorists countries'' that you created by bombing the wrong country ?

10+ Year Old Account
    An incredibly ill informed comment, SINCE SWEDEN IS NOT IN NATO
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/sweden-...ise-1477570256

No they aren't but if Russia bullies them around than they will come crying for help.

Did you do some weed, or what are you talking about? fight Mexico? when did that happen.
    Because, as we are in insults, I'm flat out saying that I wonder why you are spending so much for attacking countries (Irak, Afghanistan) that would struggle to face the Canadian army and somehow manage to make things worse than before the attack every single time.

Deleted
    1846-1848.

Protect from what ? ''From terrorism'' ? Bang up job, boys !

I suppose it would be stupid to point out that if you are from France or Germany, you are from a country that spent immense amount of it's GPD, well above 15%, 20% even in peacetime on it's defence...between 1870 and 1939, with awesome results (like dreadnoughts that fought only at Jutland)
    Well if the USA doesn't protect anything then why would it matter if they left NATO?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/sweden-...ise-1477570256

No they aren't but if Russia bullies them around than they will come crying for help.
    I know it's ''stoopid'', but Sweden try this approach called ''neutrality'' over trying to deter Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I think the US should get kicked out of NATO for electing orange lizard brain as president.

2% is way too much, we don't need gigantic graveyards of never once used tanks like the USA has.
    I think Canada should get kicked out for electing PM Boob Punch and Germany for electing Chancellor Rape Hider.

If we withdraw from NATO, I don't think the US will be harmed in any fashion. Lots of autistic screeching though.

So what is the point of NATO? From their website, "NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means." Does the US need the help of NATO members to safeguard our freedoms, or is that the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Skipping out on NATO over a funding dispute would be monumentally retarded.
    I agree. Which means Chief in Command Pumpkinpastry is almost certain to do it. Guess we'll make a new one with Russia called EATO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    If we withdraw from NATO, I don't think the US will be harmed in any fashion. Lots of autistic screeching though.

So what is the point of NATO? From their website, "NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means." Does the US need the help of NATO members to safeguard our freedoms, or is that the other way around?
    No. Unless the former NATO members turn against you, aswell. Then you're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    Well if the USA doesn't protect anything then why would it matter if they left NATO?
    You are aware, even dimly, that this is a gross manipulation to get the said countries to buy more American gear ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I think Canada should get kicked out for electing PM Boob Punch and Germany for electing Chancellor Rape Hider.
    Yes. As opposed as the only country that keep getting in the said wars while making things constantly worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

Americans are the only ones to ever invoke Art 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would feel bad for the countries who actually do their fair share like Britain and Poland. We should have sperate treaties with them. And Canada is like our little brother so we're kinda stuck with them. Screw the rest of the free loaders though!

That's the point that is staggering. You spent trillions of tax payers dollars on two useless wars in Afghanistan and Irak, wars that make matters far worse than before. You dragooned NATO allies to spend staggering sums there too (20.5 billions for Canada alone, for the sole purpose of getting shot at).

And you want more, while threatening to kick your allies ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I would feel bad for the countries who actually do their fair share like Britain and Poland. We should have sperate treaties with them. And Canada is like our little brother so we're kinda stuck with them. Screw the rest of the free loaders though!

You Americans are your family analogies, it'll never not be funny.

Deleted
    Oh we in germany are going to invest a lot into military the upcoming year.

But we will buy weapons from our own factories. Heckler & Koch, Thyssen.. Planes from Airbus.

We produce our own nuclear submarines. Normally we sell them to africa or the middle east, but this time we will keep some for ourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes sure, give a reason to EU to have it's own army. Don't regret it when they start using it though
    I dont think the USA mind a EU army at all.
    The values of the EU and USA are pretty mutch the same, so they kinda fight and protect the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Care to back up that claim?

Austria never joined NATO, This is because of its neutrality, which is written in the constitution (after WW2 signed between USSR and NATO) and prevents it from joining any military organization.

Austria is however a member of the NATO Partnership for Peace.