10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    an int at the 2 yard line.
    The universe would actually implode. The internet would crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Eh I wouldn't say that. You could easily argue the only reason Atlanta was in that position in the first place was New England "beating themselves" for the first three quarters. Drops, a pick, a fumble, inaccurate throws. Totally uncharacteristic from that offense.
    When he made that catch I pretty much knew the Patriots were going to win.

It just took a huge collapse by the top offense of the league. That makes two Super Bowls the Patriots won because their opponent opted to pass when they clearly should have run the ball.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Brady tied for wins?
    With whom? I know he is #1 for QB
    According to my google search:
    Charles Haley: two with San Francisco and three with Dallas (all 5 as a player—the most rings won as a player)

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    When he made that catch I pretty much knew the Patriots were going to win.

It just took a huge collapse by the top offense of the league. That makes two Super Bowls the Patriots won because their opponent opted to pass when they clearly should have run the ball.
    Gotta get lucky in some after they lost 2 in an epicly unlucky situation :P

Wonder when the Lombardi trophy will be renamed to the Belichick trophy, 10-20 years after he's retired?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Gotta get lucky in some after they lost 2 in an epicly unlucky situation :P

Wonder when the Lombardi trophy will be renamed to the Belichick trophy, 10-20 years after he's retired?
    The Lombardi Trophy should never be renamed, if they want a trophy named after Belichick they should make a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    The Lombardi Trophy should never be renamed, if they want a trophy named after Belichick they should make a new one.
    I don't think the Coach of the Year trophy has an official name, I wouldn't mind if they named that one after him. Especially cause it will make people in the future go "Why is the trophy named after him when he only won the trophy 3 times?!" and I can have a smug smile (probably in my grave).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    New England deserved to win, but as somebody who generally watches Hockey I've always found Footballs OT rules really awful.

I absolutely get it that OT sucks in the regular season and that Football is hard on the body, but so isn't Hockey. Hockeys OT is a very short period (granted sudden death due to nature of the game), followed by a shootout, which is essentially a skill competition. In the playoffs however they just play until somebody scores, no matter how long that ends up being.

Football to me just has retarded OT rules. It works fine in the regular season but I don't understand why it has to be like that in the playoffs, let alone the SB. Make them play an entire quarter, and the highest score at the end of such quarter wins the entire thing. OT in Football is incredibly rare as is, and had never happened in the SB prior to this year anyway. Just seems silly to me that one team wins the coin toss, drives down the field and wins the game (this coming from somebody who wanted the Patriots to win anyway). That or simply give the other team a chance to actually replicate what the previous team did. As it is right now if one team field goals, the other team has to field goal in their next possession to extend the game. I don't really see a reason why you can't do that with a touch down as well, given how much difficult it is to score a touch down over a field goal (although that's likely the rational as to why it ends the game, as it's both unlikely, and shows that the opposing teams defense completely shit the bed).

Not sure what the rational is to these archaic OT rules, especially in the playoffs. These men are athletes and I doubt it being hard on their body is an excuse to play one more quarter, especially given they won't be playing next week anyway. I'm happy regardless because the Patriots won, but I think eventually they should look at changing OT rules, especially for playoffs at least.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Probably because he can't pass block for shit.
    Incomplete FSU running backs are incomplete. Luke Campbell is up that kids ass cuz he coached him in high school.

Biggest disappointment was no player introductions. The graphics overall were very, very weak for this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I could watch this all night: http://streamable.com/7n7v9

Just the absolute DEAFENING boos Goodell got while handing over that trophy made Deflategate finally be over (far as I'm concerned).
    Omg wow. I got a lot of texts about it but didn't get to see till now.

So proud of the loyal fans right now.

Rot in your grave, Goodell!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Unlikely the league would disrespect one of the most important men in the sport. Lombardi, Camp and Halas ate too important. Titans of the game.

Belichick is a great coach, but I can't see the league doing something so disrespectfull.

To be clear, I was rooting for the Pats from start to finish.

But I was sort of shocked at how little time they spent looking at the final 2pt conversion play and then on the OT TD. Hell, we've had more time spent looking at regular season plays that had no real importance :P

Today we pick up the pieces of our lives after yesterday's aftermath...as usual, year after year the results are usually the same...

I gained 3.4 pounds in the past 24 hours. And my weigh-ins are very accurate with the best scientific methods...it'll take me like a week to lose this, maybe.

Of my entire spread (link to pic), I ate two fried chicken sandwiches and fries (link to pic) for lunch + a powerade, and then I basically ate the whole pack of Wings and a pack of mozerella sticks by myself during the game. Super Bowl is literally the one day of the year I'll pig out on unhealthy food.

Zzzzzzz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots fans do not have a monopoly on hating and booing Goodell, nor is their team the only one to be targeted and unjustly punished by him.

Surprisingly, this is the Patriots' largest margin of victory in the Super Bowl:

20-17 vs Rams

32-29 vs Panthers

24-21 vs Eagles

28-24 vs Seahawks

34-28 vs Falcons

Nice to finally have a blowout win rather than a nail-biter, eh?

Shamelessly taken from reddit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Always loved White at Wisconsin. Glad he played so well!
    If Brady hadn't set a Superbowl record for yards and completions, the MVP of the game would have gone to White. I have no doubt.

Heard on twitter "It's true what they say, the Patriots only like White receivers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Draft order is set except for 14/15 which will be settled by coin flip (no joke).

The full first-round draft order is below…

1. Cleveland
    2. San Francisco
    3. Chicago
    4. Jacksonville
    5. Tennessee (via the Rams)
    6. New York Jets
    7. Los Angeles Chargers
    8. Carolina
    9. Cincinnati
    10. Buffalo
    11. New Orleans
    12. Cleveland (via the Eagles)
    13. Arizona
    14. OR 15. Indianapolis
    14. OR 15. Philadelphia (via the Vikings)
    16. Baltimore
    17. Washington
    18. Tennessee
    19. Tampa Bay
    20. Denver
    21. Detroit
    22. Miami
    23. New York Giants
    24. Oakland
    25. Houston
    26. Seattle
    27. Kansas City
    28. Dallas
    29. Green Bay
    30. Pittsburgh
    31. Atlanta
    32. New England

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what the jersey could fetch on the open market. As for the game, it was both sides who caused the comeback. Pats had to do everything right, and the Falcons had to make some bad plays. Both things happened so they won their 5th. I know it's easier to say since my team was on the winning side, but holy hell what a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    holy hell what a game.
    I just rewatched the game. Still can't comprehend how they came back from 25 down and the Falcons didn't score again. So many things went wrong and then so many things went right. Unbelievable.

Falcons shot themselves in the foot is how. Not to sound sore, but the Pats were handed the game and Brady was there to receive it.