Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

another donald trump thread mainly for people in the US

im curious to know what the average american makes of your new president?
    from afar it looks like a kind of anarchy has taken over the white house, there is always something going on in that place.
    will this continue for the next days, weeks, months & for your sakes i do hope not, years?
    i can see good & bad in what he's (i think) trying to achieve, but it looks all too messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

He's highly entertaining, I can't wait to see what he gets up to next.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

He's an insane wannabe dictator who fires people that disagree with him, tries to slander and intimidate judges for disagreeing with him, and threatens to use economic sanctions as a weapon on cities and states that don't bow to his will.

Fortunately, we have checks and balances to keep him in check. Unfortunately, one of those is just doing whatever he says to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like watching a reality T.V. show but it's not funny since the fate of our country is on the line. Or like being forced to giving the keys to your car to a 12 year old and no one's allowed to stop the kid from driving on the interstate. That's what it's like for me at least.

For those around me, they enjoy him. They think he can't do wrong. And I'm not saying this vaguely either. ANY time I bring up something bad that Trump has or is doing it gets hand-waved like it doesn't matter. Or the usual "did you see that on the 'fake news' sites?" It's to the point I can't even discuss politics to anyone around me except to a few friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He's highly entertaining, I can't wait to see what he gets up to next.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G6xu-J_Dmc

I think he's not even close to being as bad as most people say he is but he's far from perfect at the same time.

He's literally Hitler!

after he lied to the american public about torture I was sure he'd go down in history as one of the worst presidents to (dis)grace the white house.

I sure hope not, the chaos in the white house is what gives us these juicy leaks into the horse shit his administration is planning on doing. since we sure as hell can't count on people like his press secretary to be honest with the public.

He isn't amazing, his muslim ban shouldn't make it past the supreme court, his wall will cost tax payers billions and realistically do nothing, he will piss off our allies, but we will be fine as long as he doesn't start a war.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's just hysteria blown wayyyyy out of proportion by the media.
    Getting everyone all into a frenzy. It'll all lose steam soon, things are just settling in.

The frequency of hysterical news reports will die down.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Getting everyone all into a frenzy. It'll all lose steam soon, things are just settling in.

lol, no they won't. I at least hope not.

I find him fairly perplexing. I would think after a few missteps he would have calmed, but by golly he is going full bore. The Trump haters are of course fully displeased with him, just as much as the folks who thought Obama was a Muslim and going to enact martial law. Time will only tell who gives out first and whether any of his ideas and policies pan out. But I recommend you brace for 4 years of this kind of craziness. I myself am not looking forward to 4 years of hearing the world is coming to an end any moment, but I'm mentally preparing for it. Barring huge success in the economy, he'll probably go down has one of the worst, if not the worst ever.

I do wish he would stop trolling\agitating the media every day.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-02-08 at 12:57 AM.

Well, the majority of the USA disapproves of the President. We have a system in place that does not require the majority to pick the President. The majority is distasteful of his acts.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    im curious to know what the average american makes of your new president?
    from afar it looks like a kind of anarchy has taken over the white house, there is always something going on in that place.
    will this continue for the next days, weeks, months & for your sakes i do hope not, years?
    i can see good & bad in what he's (i think) trying to achieve, but it looks all too messy.
    Personal opinion: The US president is significantly restricted by the Constitution. As much "change" as he wants to perform. Obama found this out the hard way, through numerous court cases, Trump will learn this as well. The most effect he can work on the country is through Office Appointments and the Executive Orders. I'll leave his EO's to the courts to decide on, most won't effect me. Office Appointments are more interesting because the office holder directs the efforts of the office, to some degree, though most government agencies will run on Auto, as they are guided by existing legislation.

Just on him, really I can't stand listening to the guy talk; too incoherent for my tastes. Only time I have listened to him, since he was sworn in, and I didn't just kneejerk to disdain, and want to change the channel, was when he introduced Gorsuch. He talked for what 30 seconds?

Best case scenario: I think he won't put us into another recession.

Worst case scenario: Courts and Congress keep him in check from going to insane.

Insane not meaning he starts to govern center-right rather than center-left, as Obama did, but rather starts a trade war or conventional war.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post

Yeah, it's just hysteria that he lies constantly, threatens states with economic sanctions, tries to delegitimize judges, and appointed a swampiest of swamp creatures to the swamp he said he would drain.

You don't even have to pay attention to the media, just watch his twitter and interviews with him and his staff and watched the lies flow out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Well, the majority of the USA disapproves of the President. We have a system in place that does not require the majority to pick the President. The majority is distasteful of his acts.
    We have a system in place that doesn't allow one state to dominate our national elected offices you mean.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    We have a system in place that doesn't allow one state to dominate our national elected offices you mean.
    No state is large enough to do that if we switched to a more representative election. But what we do have is a system that allows candidates to ignore the vast majority of states in favor of a half-dozen battleground states.

From what i have seen so far, he isnt doing a horrible job, seeing as he has just 6 confirmed members of his cabinet, with Sessions to be confirmed tomorrow being the 7th. He is into his 3rd week as president, and has just a third of his cabinet on the job... His executive actions are not destroying this country. Sane and normal people see that the sky isnt falling, and for the most part... people are getting on with their lives. Its business as usual at this point.

Now am i hopeful that Trump can bring about some change to places like Chicago, where the black on black crime has been glossed over by our previous president, I sure am, and the meetings that took place last week make me even more hopeful for that. Nothing that has been done so far by Trump has damaged this country, and I believe that will continue in the years ahead.
    Last edited by Shadoweye; 2017-02-08 at 01:03 AM.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Most sane Americans think he's an mentally unstable idiot who is dangerously trying to pass off lies as fact. We are pissed off at the neo-Nazi rhetoric that seems to have crawled out of the woodwork since his election win. While not a dramatic shift since the election, the number of Republicans that support him seems to be dwindling.

On the upside of things, Obamacare will hopefully be around for at least another year, and his H1B visa changes weren't too bad.

Almost everything else has been terrible.