Delvaz, what yazuki's guide states is that Surge of Toxins buffs the % dmg increase of Agonizing poison, that is why you want to use 4+ cp finishers. And the cliping of the Surge toxins is for envenom damage. You only need the envenom buff when you have Kingsbane on the target. The envenom buff is pandemic so it is hardly ever wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbourn View Post
    And the cliping of the Surge toxins is for envenom damage.
    Since when is this a thing? Surge of Toxins increases poison damage, Envenom does Nature damage. I was under the impression that Surge doesn't increase the damage of Envenom, at the very least hitting a training dummy seems to suggest it doesn't. If it does that's certainly important information.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Since when is this a thing? Surge of Toxins increases poison damage, Envenom does Nature damage. I was under the impression that Surge doesn't increase the damage of Envenom, at the very least hitting a training dummy seems to suggest it doesn't. If it does that's certainly important information.
    sot improve agonizing poison, so envenom is buffed

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    sot improve agonizing poison, so envenom is buffed
    yes but agonizing snapshots SoT so until it procs again after sot is down your envenom dmg is enhanced, so you dont necessarily need to clip it just cast it before another procs (which is kinda random admittedly but still)
    in fact the most optimal way would be to cast envenom right after SoT expires(like literally 0.1 sec after) but since that's hard to manage it's better to just clip
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-02-07 at 02:32 AM.

I have a stupid question. At what point can I refresh a 4 and 5 point rupture?

I'm refreshing around 6 seconds but sometimes I see it only refresh up to 24 seconds. Anyone else seeing the same thing or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Crunge View Post

I'm refreshing around 6 seconds but sometimes I see it only refresh up to 24 seconds. Anyone else seeing the same thing or is it just me?
    under 7
    if it goes to ~25 that's because it was a 4pt rupture

With class 4set does DS become better than vigor? To boost envemon damage more?

Is the go to neck enchant still Hidden Satyr or is Trained Soldier's 600 mastery pulling ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by WoWAltoholic View Post
    Is the go to neck enchant still Hidden Satyr or is Trained Soldier's 600 mastery pulling ahead?
    Seeing as no one answered my question ill answer yours. Hidden is more single target. Trained is more Aoe. And probably better if you are low on mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunge View Post

30%

5CP = 24, refresh under 7.2sec
    4CP = 20, refresh under 6.0 sec

Just to be clear (I think lots of people get this mixed up), it's original duration added to new duration, up to 30% of the new effect's duration. So if you're putting up a 4CP Rupture, do it when there's less than 6 sec left on the old one. If you're putting up a 5CP Rupture, do it with less than 7.2 sec left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yes but agonizing snapshots SoT so until it procs again after sot is down your envenom dmg is enhanced, so you dont necessarily need to clip it just cast it before another procs (which is kinda random admittedly but still)
    in fact the most optimal way would be to cast envenom right after SoT expires(like literally 0.1 sec after) but since that's hard to manage it's better to just clip
    In theory you could watch your swing timer and cast the next Envenom right after SoT expires and right before the next melee swing.

But that's, like, robot levels of optimization. I'm just splitting hairs at this point.
    Last edited by Won7on; 2017-02-08 at 06:24 AM.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Anyone have any thoughts on talent choice with 4set, between vigor and Deeper stratagem?

Recently returned player with a few questions

Should I avoid reapplying rupture in pandemic range if BotA is active?

Since DS is no longer preferable do I go back to the old muti rule of envenom on 4-5 cp and rupture always 5 cp?

Do I want to ensure all KBs have Vendetta (i have 2 vendetta relics and no leggo boots) or is it okay for every other KB to be on it's own to ensure i have vendetta active for NS rupture?

Deleted
    Hello
    I have question about relic. At this moment in my weapons I've got:

1x885 MA relic
    1x860 MA relic
    1x870 rupture crit chance relic.

Yesterday I dropped 895 rupture crit chance relic. Is it worth to replace 860 MA relic (+11 ilvls, now is 897)? I don't have CoF and legendary boots yet.

Sorry for bad english.

how good is sin 4 set? ,lose alot of stats it looks like as lots of the gear has haste on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    Recently returned player with a few questions

Should I avoid reapplying rupture in pandemic range if BotA is active?

Since DS is no longer preferable do I go back to the old muti rule of envenom on 4-5 cp and rupture always 5 cp?

Do I want to ensure all KBs have Vendetta (i have 2 vendetta relics and no leggo boots) or is it okay for every other KB to be on it's own to ensure i have vendetta active for NS rupture?
    Hi,
    BotA is a separate buff, so you just have to be sure you have a rupture running the whole time (as usual)
    Rupture at 5 is preferable for SoT but 4 is ok (in order to preserve CP)
    Vendetta with KB is better but with your setup you can't sync it, if you have more than 5secs between, just poll a lot of energy & be at 3CP, then KB>envenom.

Quote Originally Posted by coupes View Post
    how good is sin 4 set? ,lose alot of stats it looks like as lots of the gear has haste on it
    It's a ~6.5% damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by unicornz View Post
    Hi,

Rupture at 5 is preferable for SoT but 4 is ok (in order to preserve CP)
    What about garrote/FoK to get the 5th?

To continue the SoT/Pooling discussion, got a quick question. I'm parsing >95% for 893 ilvl on Star Ogre/Trilliax/Krosus HC without pooling properly or consistently, and would like to optimise it. At the moment I'm just going for 4CP envenoms and either losing damage or praying that AP doesnt refresh between SoT falling off and next envenom hitting.

So the point is that you want to have an AP stack on the boss that is 5 stacks AND buffed by a 4/5CP SoT. If that stack refreshes during SoT it has maximum dmg modifier - and we want to be hitting the next envenom during that highest-% stack. If you don't pool energy at some points, you are going to be hitting a lot of 4/5 CP envenoms on AP stacks that have refreshed outside SoT and lose a lot of damage (especially with 4 set bonus) due to the lower modifer %. Therefore it's best to pool to 150 energy and get 2 envenom cycles that clip SoT than do 3 that constantly miss it. I think that is a fair summary? Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

However, between Vendettas (running boots + COF + 2 MA) the window for pooling is quite small. It also means that I have to waste a lot of the pooled energy on garotte and rupture refreshes as they keep ticking away, which feels like it's undermining the purpose. Do any other rogues have insight about when they pool, under what circumstances, at what stage of the cycle between vendetta? I get that a lot is adaptive to CP generation, but it feels crazy to pool within like 15 seconds of Vendetta/KB coming off CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rezilve View Post
    To continue the SoT/Pooling discussion, got a quick question. I'm parsing >95% for 893 ilvl on Star Ogre/Trilliax/Krosus HC without pooling properly or consistently, and would like to optimise it. At the moment I'm just going for 4CP envenoms and either losing damage or praying that AP doesnt refresh between SoT falling off and next envenom hitting.

So the point is that you want to have an AP stack on the boss that is 5 stacks AND buffed by a 4/5CP SoT. If that stack refreshes during SoT it has maximum dmg modifier - and we want to be hitting the next envenom during that highest-% stack. If you don't pool energy at some points, you are going to be hitting a lot of 4/5 CP envenoms on AP stacks that have refreshed outside SoT and lose a lot of damage (especially with 4 set bonus) due to the lower modifer %. Therefore it's best to pool to 150 energy and get 2 envenom cycles that clip SoT than do 3 that constantly miss it. I think that is a fair summary? Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

However, between Vendettas (running boots + COF + 2 MA) the window for pooling is quite small. It also means that I have to waste a lot of the pooled energy on garotte and rupture refreshes as they keep ticking away, which feels like it's undermining the purpose. Do any other rogues have insight about when they pool, under what circumstances, at what stage of the cycle between vendetta? I get that a lot is adaptive to CP generation, but it feels crazy to pool within like 15 seconds of Vendetta/KB coming off CD.
    First of, your understanding is correct. What you describe, its exactly what i have experienced. I run 3 x MA with boots and have nearly same situations where it kinda feels pretty useless to pool. Basically i have just 1 short time window between every KB/Vendetta phase when it feels really worth it. When i am sure both of my bleedings have enough time left, i pool, rinse and repeat the rotation to get through at least two cycles.

Has anyone experimented with NH 4set and using deeper strat rather than vigor? Or do people just pick vigor because its meta/simmed nice and theres no point looking else where

Edit* Eh forget it, cant even get an answer for a basic question. Remind me not to take these forums seriously and only post when I want to argue with randoms on the internet about how good they are and how bad everyone else is.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-02-10 at 07:39 PM.