Question Unholy log incorrect?

So a guildie of mine linked a parse for NH IN GENERAL.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...5&difficulty=4

Is this somewhat accurate? There is no way that frost and unholy are that far apart.

Look at individual fights, the overall statistic is garbage. For example frost is overall #1 spec in game while its not even in the top 5 on 6 fights and only #1 on anomaly an hulk'dan.

But yes compared with UH its the better spec by far because of a good set bonus and good synergy with convergence of fates + legendaries. Unholy has none of that.

EDIT: also lol heroic
    Last edited by jasoccx; 2017-02-06 at 02:46 AM.

Click on "Max" instead of "95th Percentile" and the result is worse, click on "Mythic" instead of "Heroic" and it's even more dramatic. Personally, I think the situation with Unholy is even worse than it was with Castigator in 7.1. After all, "sky is falling" theory proves to be somewhat right I guess. Even though this buff won't come in until May, I'm still sticking with Unholy because it is simply too entertaining.

It's exactly the same as EN, week one unholy was doing alright because most of its normal traits are better then its golden traits, week 2 everyone had their gold traits and unholy was left in the basement.
    NH week one unholy was ok again because it was buffed to be inline with ToV other specs, weeks two when everyone has their 4pc and trinkets (Our fates proc is grag is that supposed to be a joke compared to other spec's procs?) it's back to the basement (also Draught got especially nerfed for us because it would be op and warriors are still nuking things with it).

Aside from numbers just obviously being too low way to much of our power is tied to AotD windows which don't always line up well mechanics and our aoe being tied to dnd puts us in this clunky situation that enhancement used to have with flame nova.
    Edit; where if the adds die too quickly its not worth the 3 gcd set up while our sustained cleave is also terrible.

Unholy have some major flaws and the devs are ignoring them for unknown reasons. Some of the biggest issues are:

- recourse overcapping and no way to spend them fast enough (1sec Unholy GCD will somehow mitigate that issue)

- too much RNG (praying for bracers to drop, then once you have them praying for good procs, random wound applications, Pet has a chance to apply wound, DC has a chance to give a buff to SS/CS, Spending RP has a chance to increase rune regen. etc)

- BIS build is based on mastery stacking, but half of the tier set have no mastery stats

- overall the damage is not there, even with good RNG procs

Deleted
    I can't mentally comprehend what Blizzard is doing. They managed to fix Frost DK and Fury Warrior (they were pretty much bottom of the list when legion came out), yet Unholy is still meh, even with the 7.1.5 changes... I'm not asking the spec to be nr1, but climbing a few places in logs would be nice...

Deleted
    I main unholy in raids and it can feel very clunky at times. Given the 4 piece, unholy belt and sephuz ring/aggramar's boots, it's the proc of the ring which really makes the spec feel fluid.

At 21% haste I feel completely resourced starved at certain times, weaving in DC's whenever I can and waiting to spam CS twice before I weave in another DC.

With the soul reaper talent, I would much prefer if this didn't take a rune (we don't have any talents that is a 'non proc' rune regen resource, which i feel we need) and I also feel at 91%-104% mastery my single target is still a bit meh and my aoe is ok... nothing compared to FSC and GA on Skorpyron.

We all thought unholy would be useful, due to how amazing clawing shadows was supposed to scale and the fact we could still dps and move out of shit away from the boss. This has been the case but our damage on both CS ans DC still feels a little underwhelming on ST and cleave bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2017-02-06 at 04:52 PM.

I've seen so many suggestions on reducing Deathcoil GCD but I feel this will add complication to our already busy DPS cycle. Why not, leave the GCD to 1.5 (and also leave the Runic Corruption proc chance to 1%) but instead have Deathcoil spend 60 (or more) RP (with the according damage increase) which will solve RP over-capping. This will also add a DPS boost to both ST and AoE equally.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoccx View Post
    Look at individual fights, the overall statistic is garbage. For example frost is overall #1 spec in game while its not even in the top 5 on 6 fights and only #1 on anomaly an hulk'dan.

But yes compared with UH its the better spec by far because of a good set bonus and good synergy with convergence of fates + legendaries. Unholy has none of that.

EDIT: also lol heroic
    do you think 769 (Unholy mythic) parses are enough to judge a specs performance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    do you think 769 (Unholy mythic) parses are enough to judge a specs performance?
    No but I think there is a reason why there is so few parses.

Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    I can't mentally comprehend what Blizzard is doing. They managed to fix Frost DK and Fury Warrior (they were pretty much bottom of the list when legion came out), yet Unholy is still meh, even with the 7.1.5 changes... I'm not asking the spec to be nr1, but climbing a few places in logs would be nice...
    Better phrasing would be : "I'm not asking to be nr 1, but if it's possible to be only a few % away from first, it'd be nice."
    If I'm 5% away from 1st dps, then I'd not mind even if I'm placed last in the DPS chart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Better phrasing would be : "I'm not asking to be nr 1, but if it's possible to be only a few % away from first, it'd be nice."
    If I'm 5% away from 1st dps, then I'd not mind even if I'm placed last in the DPS chart.
    Yeah well i should learn not to comment on forums while I'm tired as fuck, since it will result in "gibberish"
    What you proposed is actually exactly the same thing I'm usually telling people about DPS balance.