Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I got 4p first week, and have been using the same legendaries (feretory + bracers) for a while so nothing really changed there. Recently I got the RoF ring, which I've been fiddling around with in appropriate situations.

The fights requirements are always what decides talents, so there really isn't 1 go to build. ST I use BD / ELT (adds on fight) or erad (pure st) / SH / serv / SC. And I just swap around usually the 60 and 100 row depending on the fight.
    Thanks, that makes sense! I'll try to be a bit more specific; the situations to change the level 60 row make sense, but I'm a bit confused about the level 100 row. SC on ST, especially with 4pc + feretory. But what about cleave/aoe? I've been edging towards CDF for those scenarios, but I'm hoping there's still a place for WH? Fights like Elisande/Tichondrius/Aluriel.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2017-02-09 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason to ever use CDF if you have tier and Feretory.

Like you could say "but cleave", however really its just 5th wheel and if you actually need to AoE, SC will simply be better or equal anyway because of RoF refund.

And really pressing one extra button for same results plus exposing yourself to the issues it produces is unnecessary.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really better to ROF over CDF on fights with adds Gaidax? (I have 4pc + belt). Seems like a waste of shards unless adds live long enough. I'll give it a shot though.

Separate issue: Does anyone know when Devourer of Life got nerfed to 45%/25% from 45%/45%? I noticed it a few weeks ago but forgot to ask. Stealth nerf, tool tip error, or in the patch notes?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Is it really better to ROF over CDF on fights with adds Gaidax? (I have 4pc + belt). Seems like a waste of shards unless adds live long enough. I'll give it a shot though.

Separate issue: Does anyone know when Devourer of Life got nerfed to 45%/25% from 45%/45%? I noticed it a few weeks ago but forgot to ask. Stealth nerf, tool tip error, or in the patch notes?
    Yes? I mean unless adds literally evaporate, RoF is generally a good AoE actually for being baseline.

And Devourer of Life always was 25%

7+ Year Old Account
    So what are the chances that after getting the portal pants, norganonn, alythess and today prydaz that my next legendary will be sephuz?
    Because i would really like to get an damage enchancing one for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    So what are the chances that after getting the portal pants, norganonn, alythess and today prydaz that my next legendary will be sephuz?
    Because i would really like to get an damage enchancing one for once.
    I mean, pyrdaz is a damage enhancing one. It has a ludicrous amount of secondaries while also having that absorb, its actually one of the better legendaries to get. I kinda wish I had it.

I've actually had some success mucking around with alythess as well as I just got it, and norgannons is awesome where applicable for dealing with movement. Yeah they're not feretory obviously, but its not all bad. Portal pants are... unfortunate. I'll prolly be getting those next.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I mean, pyrdaz is a damage enhancing one. It has a ludicrous amount of secondaries while also having that absorb, its actually one of the better legendaries to get. I kinda wish I had it.

I've actually had some success mucking around with alythess as well as I just got it, and norgannons is awesome where applicable for dealing with movement. Yeah they're not feretory obviously, but its not all bad. Portal pants are... unfortunate. I'll prolly be getting those next.
    Thanks for the answer Bacon but as i´m wearing the pants and norganonns which one should i change for prydaz or alythess if i would wear them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Thanks for the answer Bacon but as i´m wearing the pants and norganonns which one should i change for prydaz or alythess if i would wear them?
    In your situation I'd wear pyrdaz all the time and swap the other one depending on the situation (assuming all are 940). If you're in a situation where you get to aoe and use RoF then alythess, if you're able to game the movement on norgannons then that. If neither of those things matter at all, I *believe* the portal pants probably have more total stat, but you should check that yourself or even just sim which is better based on what off piece you have for that slot.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes? I mean unless adds literally evaporate, RoF is generally a good AoE actually for being baseline.

And Devourer of Life always was 25%

Gotcha, I guess wowhead has been wrong since beta?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotcha, I guess wowhead has been wrong since beta?
    If that's what it writes then yes.

Deleted
    I hated CDF at start but with the updated splace version i have to say i started to get used to it and love it a bit. Its nice that its good ST and give's a little bonus when there is adds (Small Mop F&B)
    Last edited by mmocb8215096a5; 2017-02-10 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    I hated CDF at start but with the updated splace version i have to say i started to get used to it and love it a bit. Its nice that its good ST and give's a little bonus when there is adds (Small Mop F&B)
    I really like CDF and ELT too. Surprised to say that, since I hated both of them on launch and hate maintenance buffs on principal, but I like having something to press on movement other than conflag. Glad RB stayed dead, I couldn't deal with that, but the other two I like.

Might change my tune if I had the legendary belt so I could play eradication / SC and spew out CB's, but as is I'm relatively happy with the ELT / CDF playstyle. Feels fast, does something for my with how it feels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Might change my tune if I had the legendary belt so I could play eradication / SC and spew out CB's, but as is I'm relatively happy with the ELT / CDF playstyle. Feels fast, does something for my with how it feels.
    Same situation here, ELT / CDF needs a lot of concentration to track all the buff/cd. So it's stating to be fun to optimize every things while managing fights.

But it doesn't feel "fast" at all when you need to stand still for more than 3 seconds.
    And I'm still feeling the 0.5 seconds of reverse entropy, can't imagine playing without the 4P buff (especially in a cleave situation) ...

10+ Year Old Account
    ELT does not need anything, just get WA which makes noise when buff is like at 6 seconds left or not present and that's it.

CDF a bit more maintenance, but only barely. Still with belt, SC and CB spam <3

Deleted
    ELT does not need anything, just get WA which makes noise when buff is like at 6 seconds left or not present and that's it.

i hate you

Deleted

Iim not that a progressive player.. got 890 with belt and the ring...
    i have 2 pieces of the Tier set.

Shall i use SC over CDF, cause everyone is talking about, the last few posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrin90 View Post
    Iim not that a progressive player.. got 890 with belt and the ring...
    i have 2 pieces of the Tier set.

Shall i use SC over CDF, cause everyone is talking about, the last few posts?
    I found it worthwhile when I was in that situation. Give it a shot and see how it feels - worst case, you can switch back if you don't like it/see results.

Deleted
    I'm very new to warlock so im sorry if these are obvious questions...
    Also thanks for the guide its very useful learning a lot before i've really taken my warlock into anything serious..

I just have two questions

Talents:
    "Shadowfury is the utility of the tier, providing a 4 second AoE stun on a 30 second cooldown. If you need extra utility, Shadowfury is a great option, but it comes at the cost of losing out on Demon Skin."

Why does Shadowfury stop you taking Demon Skin?

Aoe Soul Shard Gen:
    "However, we have one more complication, in that RoF consumes 3 Soul Shards to Chaos Bolt's 2."

Do you not need to take into account that to use 6 SS you need 3 casts of chaos and only two of RoF allowing an extra cast of immo or Incen?

Thanks

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Entenei, the guide wasn't fully updated to reflect 7.1 and 7.1.5 talent changes. Demon Skin used to be on the same tier as shadowfury but that is no longer the case.

For your second question, you should reread that section while keeping in mind, Brusalk is discussing how many targets ROF needs to hit for full duration in order to make it worth casting over an unhavoced Chaos Bolt (2.075 targets). If Havoc is up, you need 4.15 targets for the full duration of RoF to beat out a havoced CB.

Deleted
    @Entenei, the guide wasn't fully updated to reflect 7.1 and 7.1.5 talent changes. Demon Skin used to be on the same tier as shadowfury but that is no longer the case.

For your second question, you should reread that section while keeping in mind, Brusalk is discussing how many targets ROF needs to hit for full duration in order to make it worth casting over an unhavoced Chaos Bolt (2.075 targets). If Havoc is up, you need 4.15 targets for the full duration of RoF to beat out a havoced CB.
    Awh, I see, I didn't realize they changed the talent rows around (literally started warlock 2 days ago) - Thanks.

So does the extra cast of a spell not make up for the 0.075 target requirement? meaning if you can keep it up on 2 targets for 100% of its duration and use the other cast to do some Incen damage (with no havoc) is that not viable?