Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For many of those kids, a minimum wage job would be a waste of their potential anyhow. Rather see our younger generation out and about trying to rock some foundations, while they still have the vitality and idealism of youth going for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It was always obvious to me that the "protesting type" of person didn't amount to much in life.

I am not saying this to troll or offend, it's simply how I see it. You don't protest for stupid causes if you have a life and career going.

I mean what do you expect man. I don't see normal working adults to take time off work to protest and riot every day.

When people are bored and rotting away in life having nothing to do and their only source of money being welfare, they come up with imaginary problems and try to solve this by protesting. In their mind, it's never their fault that they are in the position they are. It's always someone else. It's the whole reason Bernie was so popular among these people too. He rotted away his life till he was 40 and then got into politics.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    It does not mean what they say is wrong, though.
    Well, it means they're a bad source. If they were right, someone else would report it as well and is probably a better source. If nobody else reports on this, it's likely to be bullshit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Discussed this here already http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Wing-Terrorist

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Quality journalism from the non-MSM wahrheitspresse right there: quotes DailyMail (MSM tabloid rag) which quoted BILD (MSM tabloid rag). The quote from BILD dates back to January 22nd 2016, by the way, and relates to official figures released between 2003 and 2013 when the German authorities had their eyes mostly on the left-wing scene because they believed they had the right-wing scene handled (read: paid off or infiltrated by paid agents) which of course was a fatal mistake.

Also I'd like to add that BILD claimed then that they had exclusive access to some Verfassungsschutz data at which point I am going to say: take it with a grain of salt and some more because it doesn't tell anything about how they came to that interpretation. I'd like to add that the political atmosphere after 2008 got a lot more heated on the left who saw several phenomenons as proof for failure of neoliberalism, globalism and reckless capitalism. I am sure some activists took it very far as indicated by the Frankfurt riots in early 2015.

Also props to using an US-American in order to portray an average German pitchfork & torch leftwing activist. Current numbers for 2015 according to this and this:

Leftwing crimes: 5620, leftwing acts of violence: 1608
    Rightwing crimes: 21933, rightwing acts of violence: 1408

Some last comments about this: the authorities have mapped the entire leftwing scene in Germany a lot better than the rightwing scene to which some politicians and officials often even maintained cordial relations. It's no surprise then that they are waking up now especially after one policeman got shot by a Reichsbürger ("citizen of the Reich") last year. In their own words: their exact number is unknown, or in other words: "WTF?"

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    So typical of the left it's very easy to spend other peoples money. This is how they have so much time to protest cause we on he right actually have jobs to do.

inb4: daily mail hurr durr not a good source.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-parents.html
    What do all the Trumpkins say, oh yeah. Fake news.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Study looked at <1000 people. Hardly even close to enough for a comprehensive view of the demographics for protesters.
    It's not of all protesters though. Just those arrested, presumably for, you know, breaking the law and such. Antifa types etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Didn't Wikipedia exclude Daily Mail from trustworthy sources yesterday?
    Did they exclude the Clinton News Network too ?
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    So typical of the left it's very easy to spend other peoples money. This is how they have so much time to protest cause we on he right actually have jobs to do.

inb4: daily mail hurr durr not a good source.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-parents.html
    This would explain why some of them post in GOT all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    What do all the Trumpkins say, oh yeah. Fake news.
    Pretty sure people shout fake news from both sides, or do you think Lefties think infowars isn't fake news?

That is the joke, Know why you never see right wing marches and protests? They have jobs.

[QUOTE=skitzin;44520660]Study looked at <1000 people. Hardly even close to enough for a comprehensive view of the demographics for protesters.[/QUO

It's a pretty standard polling number

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Must be fun, making statistics up and drawing big numbers. I liked doing that when I was 6 too!
    No you didn't. You ate crayons when you were 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For extra fun, let's engage this research instead of attacking the source. 72% of their data sample were people between 19-29. So young adults who are unemployed live with their parents, amazing discovery. The sample is not one of people who are left wing activists; the entire sample is left wing activists who did something to warrant the police investigating them (all 873 of them)

The most important skillset people ever acquire is critical thinking. Perhaps this is why people appreciate a college degree; it is assumed that someone who managed to get through college knows how to read a research paper and recognize the validity of the methodology or the integrity of claims made based on the paper.

So no, forget that it's from the Daily Mail or that it is from Breitbart. The research behind this does not at all support your premise
    That is why people used to appreciate a degree, it meant you had critical thinking... say, up until degrees earned post 2010? Most degrees are earned based on participating and busy work these days. You don't have to be a critical thinker anymore.

A daily mail article based on a Breitbart article including a picture of buggy a German left activist.
    Nice.

The other 8% are professors, I assume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    For many of those kids, a minimum wage job would be a waste of their potential anyhow. Rather see our younger generation out and about trying to rock some foundations, while they still have the vitality and idealism of youth going for them.
    Is this actually a sincere evaluation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    If the sample is at least close to random.

However. ''people who got arrested for violence against police during left-wing rallies'' really isnt anywhere close to a valid representation of ''leftwing activists'' which is what this article is making it out to be.

Also, on average students tend to be overrepresented in leftist protestors, making it (imo) rather obvious that more people live at home/don't have jobs.

As was mentioned before, even though the sample is large enough, the implied generalisation to the general audience isn't grounded in reality.

Besides that, this data is from 2009-2013, back when left-wing protests were a lot more niche than they are now, which against invalidates the generalisation.

The actual article isn't referenced in the bild article on which this article is based and since my german is spotty I have been unable to find it (would appreciate a link).

Also I really appreciate it when the op already debunks their own source right after positing it, it makes my life a lot easier

Edit: also I don't get why people are calling it a breitbart article, I control-f'd it and nothing showed up anywhere on that website

[QUOTE=Jinpachi;44522835]
    Study looked at <1000 people. Hardly even close to enough for a comprehensive view of the demographics for protesters.[/QUO

It's also a skewed sample (it looks only at arrested left wing activists). Of course it will be mostly men and young. For Europe 18-29 is pretty normal to still live with your parents.
    Employed people are less likely to go destroy stuff ... no shit sherlock.

The article picks and chooses what it likes from a report. It's not a study.

Quote Originally Posted by dakalro View Post
    It's also a skewed sample (it looks only at arrested left wing activists). Of course it will be mostly men and young. For Europe 18-29 is pretty normal to still live with your parents.
    Employed people are less likely to go destroy stuff ... no shit sherlock.

The article picks and chooses what it likes from a report. It's not a study.
    It's still worth mentioning that these black bloc dipshits are a bunch of LARPers that live with mommy and daddy.

Study looked at <1000 people. Hardly even close to enough for a comprehensive view of the demographics for protesters.[/QUO

It;s not a standard polling number because polls don't work like this.

First they haven't taken a representative sample, a good poling would be to take a percentage of all protesters and not just the those that get in trouble. You know why because polls are conducted in a way that has to be representative of everybody and not the ones you cherry pick.

For example during trumps inauguration you had huge crowds of protesters, some probably got arrested for whatever reason. But then to go around and say that XX% of all protesters don't have jobs is at best pure incompetence because you cherry picked you're own sample size by not including those that didn't get arrested.

Having said this I don't expect the fascist Right to understand basic statistics anyway. Every single time right wingers try to be smart they ''forget'' (I hope forget) or misrepresent the facts by cherry picking the data they use.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-02-09 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Didn't Wikipedia exclude Daily Mail from trustworthy sources yesterday?
    Wait, does Wikipedia think they are a trust-worthy source?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Is this actually a sincere evaluation?
    Given the original post's undertones, this was as sincere a reply as it was going to get. The reality is that when alt-right wingers refer to themselves as being too busy to protest, what they really mean is that they were forced to develop an early financial independence, which also led to early debt, and no ability to move up in income bracket later on in life as they are saddled with bills.

Protests are led and fostered by the educated (whipping up a crowd is a science, surprise!), so those can be a good opportunity for younger men and women to get out there and mingle with people who are closer to academia. And, since mom and dad still pay the bills, they can focus on actualizing themselves during a crucial time in their development, instead of worrying about the possibility of going hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Given the original post's undertones, this was as sincere a reply as it was going to get. The reality is that when alt-right wingers refer to themselves as being too busy to protest, what they really mean is that they were forced to develop an early financial independence, which also led to early debt, and no ability to move up in income bracket later on in life as they are saddled with bills.

Protests are led and fostered by the educated (whipping up a crowd is a science, surprise!), so those can be a good opportunity for younger men and women to get out there and mingle with people who are closer to academia. And, since mom and dad still pay the bills, they can focus on actualizing themselves during a crucial time in their development, instead of worrying about the possibility of going hungry.
    This honestly reads to me like a parody. To put it lightly, we do not share views on the relative merits of work, academia, or protesting. I don't think anything I could write would remotely close that gap.