Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    ok, you post was rude and ignorant
    I wasnt writing to you, but ok.
    Maybe it was rude a little little bit, but I felt it was well deserved.
    Tell me about the ignorant part now, please.
    Last edited by mmoc5ed25b81e6; 2017-02-09 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xyrgoz View Post
    I wasnt writing to you, but ok.
    Maybe it was rude a little little bit, but I felt it was well deserved.
    Tell me about the ignorant part now, please.
    assuming this is a solid theory

on this list there are people such as yourself who've run hundreds on M+ etc and got 1

and then there's people like me who've done maybe 10 mythics in total, only did lfr for a week, did EN normal clear for 5 or 6 weeks and got 3 legendarys from emissary quests (on my 4th 110 because I'm an idiot who should of just leveled my shaman first)

our stats go together and form an average not a garunteed drop rate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    assuming this is a solid theory

on this list there are people such as yourself who've run hundreds on M+ etc and got 1

and then there's people like me who've done maybe 10 mythics in total, only did lfr for a week, did EN normal clear for 5 or 6 weeks and got 3 legendarys from emissary quests (on my 4th 110 because I'm an idiot who should of just leveled my shaman first)

our stats go together and form an average not a garunteed drop rate
    What theory? What list? Where did I write about me having completed 100s of M+?
    Did you even read the posts leading to my comment/reply?
    Because this absolutely made no sense at all. And you are the one writing about ignorance ...

So this is just for you.
    According to this site https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/#eu/dragonmaw/xyrgo my hunter should be close to 3rd legendary.
    But the problem is I have completed only 10-15 EQs/boxes, 12 lfr boss kills, 2 heroic dungeons. Thats all, no mythic dungs or higher difficulty raids. And only 21 hours played at 110 half of that afk :P
    I almost started to laugh when I saw my hunter is close to 3rd legendary according to that site.

First commenter wrote about the site being USELESS and was right. Other one which I replied to called it rude ignorance. And thats where this all started.
    Last edited by mmoc5ed25b81e6; 2017-02-09 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    What theory? What list? Where did I write about me having completed 100s of M+?
    Did you even read the posts leading to my comment/reply?
    Because this absolutely made no sense at all. And you are the one writing about ignorance ...

So this is just for you.
    According to this site https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/#eu/dragonmaw/xyrgo my hunter should be close to 3rd legendary.
    But the problem is I have completed only 10-15 EQs/boxes, 12 lfr boss kills, 2 heroic dungeons. Thats all, no mythic dungs or higher difficulty raids.
    I almost started to laugh when I saw my hunter is close to 3rd legendary according to that site.

First commenter wrote about the site being USELESS and was right. Other one which I replied to called it rude ignorance. And thats where this all started.
    If you actually read the "how this site works" section of that site, you will see it assumes you have done every emissary cache and got a weekly m+ chest every week since your first character hit level 100. You clearly haven't, so it isn't going to be reliable for you. If your Hunter hit 100 later than your first character, it will be even less accruate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawntage View Post
    If you actually read the "how this site works" section of that site, you will see it assumes you have done every emissary cache and got a weekly m+ chest every week since your first character hit level 100. You clearly haven't, so it isn't going to be reliable for you. If your Hunter hit 100 later than your first character, it will be even less accruate.
    I admit I havent read "how this site works" and should have before I commented.
    So bascially the site is maybe accurate for characters leveled in first 2-3 weeks of Legion.

I admit I havent read "how this site works" and should have before I commented.
    So bascially the site is maybe accurate for characters leveled in first 2-3 weeks of Legion.
    No, it assumes that you have done every emissary cache since you hit 110. You clearly haven't, so the site isn't going to be accurate for you. Also, it's using statistics from drops in game, so some people will have 3 at the same KP that others have 5, but guess what, that averages out to 4. Doesn't mean the site is wrong.

A lot of the whining in this thread would be eliminated if the site had a clearly visible note that you need to enable character specific achievements for the value to be correct.

All it has is a note you have to click to see saying: "You can try enabling character-specific achievements ingame under Interface > Social but i doubt that works." but it does work so the note is pretty misleading.

Deleted
    According to https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/ my lock should have 4 got 5, my DK 3 got 1, same as DH.

My hunter did 10 emissary WQ/boxes, 12 LFR boss kills, 2 heroic dungeons - and sitting at 952 killpoints and half way through to 3rd legendary.
    You can guess how many legendaries hunter has. Yeah you've guessed it right - ZERO.
    So basically the site IS useless.

Now, tell me about rude ignorance again, please
    I will tell you that you cannot read. It's stated in this thread that you should enable character specific achievements in interface>social for site to be more accurate.

Hovewer it seems site got update and now it's even more innacurate than before.
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2017-02-09 at 04:23 PM.

I've updated the site with Impending Doom's new numbers today.

It baffles me to no end how people fail at reading and interpreting the outcome. I am seriously considering taking down the site and just add a direct link to the spreadsheet with the graph on it instead.
    Last edited by Tunedbeats; 2017-02-09 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunedbeats View Post

It baffles me to no end how people fail at reading and interpreting the outcome. I am seriously considering taking down the site and just add a direct link to with the graph on it instead.
    Don't get upset by ignorant folks. Myself, I read the disclaimer (maybe it needs a bigger font? lol)
    "All calculations and values here are pure #feelycrafting and should not be taken seriously."

You even explain how it works when you click "How does this work?"

This explains why my 2nd and 3rd 110's have high KP (they are recently dinged, like 2-3 weeks ago)
    "Because this is an account wide achievement, it will use the date when your first character dinged 110, so the amount of killpoints will be too high for recently dinged alts."

The chart makes way more sense on my newer toons now, thanks for the update.

I don't math well and I often simply don't understand things like this. The website makes it easy to see and gives me hope (as well as depression, but that isn't you, lol).

*insert obligatory "fuck you, Blizzard"*

It baffles me to no end how people fail at reading and interpreting the outcome. I am seriously considering taking down the site and just add a direct link to the spreadsheet with the graph on it instead.
    yeah man, /facepalm so hard at people crying that they are supposed to have x amount of legendaries according to the site and how many legendaries they actually have at that moment.

Then conclude that the site is not accurate WITHOUT reading the underlying assumptions, and how the kill points are derived based on those assumptions. And they probably didnt even bother to activate the character specific achievements via Interface > Social in game.

the site is pretty accurate for all of my chars.
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2017-02-09 at 07:24 PM.

I thought it would be helpful to add what I got for yourself and others to compare how much they've fallen off. Didn't mean any disrespect and you shouldn't take it that way.

Deleted

Just ignore them. Thx for the site man, it's entertaining for sure, and a handy way to check more or less accurately the content you are doing on a glance.
    Last edited by mmocc9cfd5da3c; 2017-02-09 at 11:57 PM.

Just ignore these angry stupid individuals who can't understand basic math concepts or appreciate others work. Let they elect presidents.

Thank you for your work. It's great.

15+ Year Old Account

Plz don't take the site down just because there are a few ignorant people...Thanks for the website.

Does changing the value of M+ on the site also change the expected KP per Legendary on the OP? I would think it would since he was factoring KP based on M+ counting as 2-5 rather than a flat 4.

Great job Tunedbeats.

Would be great though if you allowed us to manually override imput data for calculations (like number of emisary chests or weekly chests) so KP could be more accurate for alts that are not played that much.

Hell, you could even gather data from those like asking "how many legendaries do you actually have".

Keep up the good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Great job Tunedbeats.

Would be great though if you allowed us to manually override imput data for calculations (like number of emisary chests or weekly chests) so KP could be more accurate for alts that are not played that much.
    Yes, Impending Doom made the same suggestion and it is on my backlog. I'm not sure when i will have this ready but it is something i will be adding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Great job Tunedbeats.
    Hell, you could even gather data from those like asking "how many legendaries do you actually have".

Keep up the good job!
    I am actually currently building a killpoints-api that will do just that.

Did something change in regards as to how KP is counted?
    A couple days ago my character was showing ~4200KP, now it's showing 3550ish, is this related to a change in the emissary/weekly chest counts?

Also, is there an issue with the "progress bar" for next legendary?

For instance, I am at 3548 KP, considering that Legendary #4 is listed @ 3100KP, and #5 is @ 4800KP, that means 1700KP to go from 4 to 5, of which I would've done 448 of.

448 / 1700 = 26.35% of the way towards the next one.

But the progress bar shows me @ 74%.

Am I missing something about how the progress bar should work?