Exclamation Pvp Brawl idea: Warsong Gultch Mine Field

Just a thought, sense they are revamping old pvp BGs, add some more action to WSG. And now a real reason not to fight in the middle.
    Mines!
    Random locations, random damage, maybe a few with effects like knockback or frost trap or stun.

just an idea, thoughts?

Also on the main forums.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2017-02-10 at 12:23 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Yeah, more random elements in PvP! That's what we want!

/sarcasm

i'd like a way that forces both teams to fight in the middle, its sad as fuck when 10 ppl zerg the flag room from horde and 10 from alliance like whats the fucking point?

or you're on the team thats trying to 10man zerg the flagroom and the enemy just intercepts you picking off half your team because they "need to hug the FC!" then pick off the other half of your team seriously that shit happens people are scared to fight lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    For WSG, they need more in middle for sure - As it stands, the middle is essentially one giant flat field with 4 huts at each corner. Boring. The tree stumps should work as LoS at the least. Adding a bunch of random mines everywhere would be fun for a brawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post

/sarcasm
    It is though for many people. Hence why things like Hearthstone/Overwatch Brawls are so widely played. it removes the tedium of balance boredom and replaces it with random fun.

I think they should have Lava Floors in the Flag halls that activate when both Sides hold a flag.

Basically force people to fight out in the Open and not turtle behind bases for 15mins without any flag caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    For WSG, they need more in middle for sure - As it stands, the middle is essentially one giant flat field with 4 huts at each corner. Boring. The tree stumps should work as LoS at the least. Adding a bunch of random mines everywhere would be fun for a brawl.
    plz no LoS stumps it's nasty enough for ranged it feels cramped and hard to kite melee, with LoS it's just a fucking melee fest with healers pillars humping.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It is though for many people. Hence why things like Hearthstone/Overwatch Brawls are so widely played. it removes the tedium of balance boredom and replaces it with random fun.

I think they should have Lava Floors in the Flag halls that activate when both Sides hold a flag.

Basically force people to fight out in the Open and not turtle behind bases for 15mins without any flag caps.
    Yeah, PvPers dying to random bullshit is not going cause massive outbursts of anger on the forums. It'll be the next Ashran. Especially if brawls every become a good avenue for gathering gear/prestige.

Well, I guess PvErs will get their will through again, with brawls this time.

Yeah, PvPers dying to random bullshit is not going cause massive outbursts of anger on the forums. It'll be the next Ashran. Especially if brawls every become a good avenue for gathering gear/prestige.

Well, I guess PvErs will get their will through again, with brawls this time.
    Its not a regular pvp BG, its a brawl, a new feature, so there would be both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Protip: if PvPers didn't want to do a Random BG they could just NOT QUEUE FOR IT. FUCKING SHOCKING RIGHT?!?

But no, lets instead be an elitist that wants to stop others having fun because they don't like it

tbh I'd rather they just remove PvP entirely from the game, but I guess PvPers get their will through right?

Protip: if PvPers didn't want to do a Random BG they could just NOT QUEUE FOR IT. FUCKING SHOCKING RIGHT?!?

But no, lets instead be an elitist that wants to stop others having fun because they don't like it

tbh I'd rather they just remove PvP entirely from the game, but I guess PvPers get their will through right?
    Did you even bother reading what I wrote?
    Especially if brawls every become a good avenue for gathering gear/prestige.
    If people are forced into there because it happens to give good rewards at some point there is not really much choice whether you do it or not.
    Sort of how WQs are basically mandatory for PvErs when starting up.

PvPers deciding what should happen to PvP, what's this? How would you like it if I as a PvPer who despise PvE started catching Blizzards ear and started dictating how raids and dungeons were designed? Actually don't even answer because the best answer you can come up with is "It's a PvE game" and to that I'll just say cba discussing with "PvE elitists" (see that one goes both ways).

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even bother reading what I wrote?

If people are forced into there because it happens to give good rewards at some point there is not really much choice whether you do it or not.
    Sort of how WQs are basically mandatory for PvErs when starting up.
    Ahh yes, you are one of THOSE people, that think Video Games FORCE you to do things.

Protip: they don't.

Ahh yes, you are one of THOSE people, that think Video Games FORCE you to do things.

Protip: they don't.
    If you want to keep playing the game, the game does force you to do things.

But since you're to dense to make that distinction and your only answer to everything is "so quit, don't play, the game doesn't force you to do anything" you should stay away from anything even slightly related to game design.

7+ Year Old Account

/sarcasm
    you do know the whole point of pvp brawls is to be fun random crap right...? hes not saying for serious pvp

- - - Updated - - -

at Op i love the idea, it reminds me of doing AV and being scared to go off the road, or seeing a idiot running through and getting insta gibbed
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you do know the whole point of pvp brawls is to be fun random crap right...? hes not saying for serious pvp
    If it gives any sort of rewards at all there will come a time when it becomes the go-to farm place for honor/gear etc. Just like skirmish, ashran, tol barad, bgs, arenas and the others have.

If it then is not designed in a way that the majority of PvPers like there will be a massive forum outburst. And yeah, PvPers, the guys who'll actually participate in these brawls, don't even think for a second that PvErs are going to go in there unless they're forced to. They'll at most do 2-3 brawls a year, just like how PvErs do PvP content right now. Brawls will change nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it gives any sort of rewards at all there will come a time when it becomes the go-to farm place for honor/gear etc. Just like skirmish, ashran, tol barad, bgs, arenas and the others have.

If it then is not designed in a way that the majority of PvPers like there will be a massive forum outburst. And yeah, PvPers, the guys who'll actually participate in these brawls, don't even think for a second that PvErs are going to go in there unless they're forced to. They'll at most do 2-3 brawls a year, just like how PvErs do PvP content right now. Brawls will change nothing.
    so if it gives less of a reward then a normal bg, it will be NEEDED FOR FARMING???

brawls are not suppose to change anything, they are suppose to be stupid fucking silly fun, they are not ment to change the way the game plays, or break the meta, they are silly fun bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to keep playing the game, the game does force you to do things.

But since you're to dense to make that distinction and your only answer to everything is "so quit, don't play, the game doesn't force you to do anything" you should stay away from anything even slightly related to game design.
    Says the guy that says "Omg something fun for people other than myself, I DON'T WANT IT!", the fact you think video games force you to do things just shows you are delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

so if it gives less of a reward then a normal bg, it will be NEEDED FOR FARMING???

brawls are not suppose to change anything, they are suppose to be stupid fucking silly fun, they are not ment to change the way the game plays, or break the meta, they are silly fun bullshit
    Yeah, avoid arguing with people that think they are forced to do things in Videogames, it tends to stop the feeling that your IQ is plummeting from their stupidity.

And I'm telling you if it gives any rewards whatsoever, giving Blizzards record on PvP content, then at some point it will give more rewards than bgs.

Says the guy that says "Omg something fun for people other than myself, I DON'T WANT IT!", the fact you think video games force you to do things just shows you are delusional.
    God forbid I want brawls to be something that PvPers enjoy and not something deserted that no one does because Blizzard decided to design it for PvErs who don't want to do it anyway because it's PvP, ie trashcan 2.0. Don't even kid yourself into thinking PvErs are going to flood that place, they'll do it max 2-3 times per year unless they're "forced" (but hey you don't understand this concept and should stay away from game design discussions) as they do with all other PvP content.

Few other ideas for mines

Portal mines- port you back to the flag pedestal at your own base.
    Bomb mine- attaches a bomb to you, can spread mines to others that does X dmg after Y secs, or if no one is around, you take all X dmg.
    Gravity mine- shoots you up, you float around, but at reduced speed. Or click off buff and fall.
    Mind Control Mine you now fight for the enemy for X time.

Mines like these would be rare, like 75% just damage mines, 25% of these more fun ones.

Also @RelaZ you cant say that for certain, if both give equal rewards or similar rewards, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont.