Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    This thread is not about that one time visit on its own - it is about this being his second one within the span of three weeks. Though obviously with a hint of hyperbole, the people here are irked that he seems inclined to make as many trips like this as possible. That is why they compare not just the costs per trip between presidents, but also the frequency.
    They are also concerned that Trump and his family gain money out of this, due to him staying at his own properties/businesses which he charges for.

However, 3 million is always a huge expense. Give those 3 million to some struggling school or police department.
    I just will never agree, when dealing with the nations budget, 3 million is NOTHING.

Also, I really could care less where he stays. His hotel or the Holiday Inn. The bill has to be paid to someone.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

ya like the president gets a break. When the president gos somewhere his work gos with him he doesn't get to ignore it. the only time this will won't be true is when he is entertaining his guest of honor. if there is anything at all that I can see here is how serious he is taking his foreign relations with other countries and that he is not against greasing their palms to help leveraging his talks.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I just will never agree, when dealing with the nations budget, 3 million is NOTHING.

Also, I really could care less where he stays. His hotel or the Holiday Inn. The bill has to be paid to someone.
    Well, the thing is that we can't say whether or not him benefiting financially does influence his decision making in that regard, which is why so many called for divestment. But yeah, if you are so adamant that 3*X million are nothing, then there is no grounds for discussion here to begin with. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    More time spent vacationing means he'll have less time left to spend on screwing things up.

Don't think of the money spent on his vacations as an expense, think of it as an investment in damage prevention.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope he gets impeached soon as every weekend he comes down here, my city has to shut down some roads and heavily restrict the island he lives on the entire weekend.

Our airport also loses revenue because of him staying here.

You guys just don't know how stressful all of those tweets are.
    Lots of words. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Well, the thing is that we can't say whether or not him benefiting financially does influence his decision making in that regard, which is why so many called for divestment. But yeah, if you are so adamant that 3*X million are nothing, then there is no grounds for discussion here to begin with. /shrug
    True but unless you can prove it is its just gossip. I mean yeh, if he goes every weekend to his hotel and then cuts a bill to the US for 1 mil that he directly pockets.....thats fucked. But I bet by the end of his term he will have spent roughly the same number of days out of the WH as any other pres. I highly doubt his hotel is charging any more for its usage than any other fancy joint would be.

If you want to bitch about a guy who railed on Obama taking so many trips for himself taking many trips, cool, have at it, totally legit. Though you cant really bitch about the trips themselves, as those were defended.

If you want to suggest a concern for conflict of interest, sure I could have that discussion.

Is 1 a large portion of 10000? Becasue thats the comparison of 3 mil vs the US budget. Yes 3 million is a LOT of money but its nothing compared to the rest of the budget.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2017-02-09 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I mean yeh, if he goes every weekend to his hotel and then cuts a bill to the US for 1 mil that he directly pockets.....thats fucked.
    That is what he is doing essentially
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I would've thought those on the left would be encouraging him to take more vacations.

Honestly, I'd rather he spend all his time tweeting. At least then the most we'd have to worry about is him blocking us all day long and not making obtuse, underthought and rash decisions. And before someone says it, no, I don't think he's doing a single thing in office, his handlers are making all the decisions, he just signs his neo gothic signature to the paper.

Now you ask....what does that say about them? At least after this whole mess one good thing will come from this..

You better believe that the electorate is going to be well-informed about EVERYTHING that has transpired in during his whole presidency--in the white house and in congress.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    That is what he is doing essentially
    Citation?

Becasue I found this.

Is paying for it yourself the same as billing some one?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The world was ending every time Obama took a vacation. Trump is on pace to shatter not only the number of days but the cost. Pointing this out is quote"anti-trumpers want this thread to sniff each other's butts".
    Personally I never knocked Obama for taking a vacation, not that I mind Obama either, sorry you assumed that.

Doesn't mean I'm anti-trump either, also means I know the difference between taking a client out for a round of golf and getting to know each other in a casual setting versus leaving office to be MIA for 2 weeks.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

who cares if he's on vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Yeah, entertaining the prime minister of JAPAN is totally a vacation. Have none of you guys have dealt with business men ( which whether or not you like it, thats exactly what these 2 men are)?

Fucking morons.

Infracted - Flaming
    This got an infraction AND the poster banned? When there's people that constantly say worse, belittling others on ideas and opinions and what not?

In the famous words of the poster, "Fucking morons."

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    This got an infraction AND the poster banned? When there's people that constantly say worse, belittling others on ideas and opinions and what not?

It's almost like the mods of this website are biased or something. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post

Well, it's one thing to disagree. It's another thing to just directly flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Also, Obama had the most expensive vacation as well. With Taxpayer's money.
    Trump will easily dwarf that at his current rate, not to mention the cost of renting Trump towers for his protection and the DOD possibly moving in.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    He's going there with the prime minister of an important ally. Not sure I'd call it leizure time.
    Yes, he is effectively stealing that prime minister's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, he is effectively stealing that prime minister's time.
    Japanese politicians aren't terribly busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    More time spent vacationing means he'll have less time left to spend on screwing things up.

Don't think of the money spent on his vacations as an expense, think of it as an investment in damage prevention.
    Stealing other people's time is pretty damaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is going to take a lot of vacations. Probably to his various properties.