Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic + leavers

So here is my story everyweek , we make a group do couple 2-3 chests runs and at some point i join a group lets say +11 / 12 or something and after i use the keystone people leave.

I think blizzard should have a system like to track those mythic plus leavers maybe an icon next to ilvl when we are doing the invites and we will then know those guys are trolling and we wont have to give them an inv in the 1st place.

Edit: I want to point out that people leave sometimes even without any wipes or anything going wrong.
    Last edited by amherian; 2017-02-10 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe find some frinds / a guild and play with people you can depend on?

This is a social problem, not a game mechanical problem. Make friends, don't get screwed. or play alone and live with the consequences.

I've only left one pug m+ if i heal them i will usually go with guild groups we try to get at least a 15 each week but settle for 13 some weeks.

I did join a CoS run something easy like a +4 and the group was just 110% fail, two dh's one didn't switch spec so we're 2 tanks, noone stuns or interupts anything, ppl dying then running back to the group with huge trains of mobs, i mean, there comes a point where you have to say sorry but fuck this noise.

The problem is there is no real way to punish one leaver without punishing the innocent others. So you start a run, you wipe, the tank rage quits. No way to complete the run, so the rest of the group gives you their condolences and leaves. But the timer was still running, do they get a 'leaver mark' now aswell?

I doubt Blizz can implement something that only punishes the first person to leave. If they did though, what if a dps leaves, but you can still complete it and then the tank leaves, does the tank not get a mark even though he fucked you more than the dps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    I doubt Blizz can implement something that only punishes the first person to leave.
    They do this in OW. All you really need to do is after one person leaves, you turn on a 'safe to leave group' flag and not punish the others. Could even take user input pop up when someone leaves the dungeon if didn't want to automate the punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is a new and original topic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    I doubt Blizz can implement something that only punishes the first person to leave. If they did though, what if a dps leaves, but you can still complete it and then the tank leaves, does the tank not get a mark even though he fucked you more than the dps?
    If i remember correctly, in Overwatch ranked play, if one decides to screw the team and leave, the others are free to leave without consequences.
    I'm pretty sure they can implement such a thing in wow too
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    If i remember correctly, in Overwatch ranked play, if one decides to screw the team and leave, the others are free to leave without consequences.
    I'm pretty sure they can implement such a thing in wow too
    No because people would abuse of it and if they see key is about to be depleted somebody leaves and the key is still active fr another try.

Deleted
    Just happen 5 minutes ago lol, a Druid left a +17 Maw run - We wiped on first trashpack with all CDs up, but i guess the healer wasn't ready, so he left directly, im so pissed, but it was like "meh" i've already done a +15 this week. Still annoying, need to sort out some ban, or not get loot for a week or such.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalainne View Post
    No because people would abuse of it and if they see key is about to be depleted somebody leaves and the key is still active fr another try.
    I dont think he means no consequences as in not depleting the key, but no consequences as i not facing the punishment enacted upon the initial leaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalainne View Post
    Not getting punishment isn't necessarily tied to the key. It could make the punished leaver not get their weekly chest, not get loot from X number M+s, etc. That kind of punishment.

If a person leaves a group within a minute or two of the keystone being put in, you should be able to recover the stone. If somebody intentionally waits for this time to elapse before leaving and leaves immediately afterwards, they're pretty obviously trolling and it should be a punishable offense. There's a difference between somebody leaving to be a dick, or somebody genuinely having an emergency/whatever, communicating that to the group and apologizing, and leaving. It still sucks for the group but it's better than getting no explanation.

Regardless, there should be a significant debuff for leaving an M+ group before completion. I'm talking a mega deserter debuff, something like 8 hours. There should be some sort of group-wide vote, similar to a vote-kick. The first person to leave before a run is finished prompts some popup for the other group members; "Did [insert name] inappropriately abandon this M+ before completion?" -- if a majority vote yes, the debuff is applied.

I don't know, maybe it's not the most elegant solution and I'm sure the remainder of the group could punish somebody who left for legitimate reasons simply out of spite, but there should be repercussions for those that screw over another 4 people just to be a jerk. If you're going to run a keystone with people it should require a level of commitment; even having a disclaimer ahead of time saying "If you begin this run you are expected to finish it" along with the potential punishment wouldn't hurt. Because you're not only ruining the run for four others but actually (at least temporarily) ruining the leader's keystone, you should not be able to just join and bail on groups as often as you want for little to no reason at all.

At the very least, we should be able to report people that GENUINELY abandon groups specifically to be jerks, and know that it's a punishable offense. Not an account suspension or anything, but certainly the inability to join other keystone runs for a certain amount of time. If these people knew that ruining your run would mean they can't do another M+ for a few hours or until the next daily reset, they might think twice.

Edit: I think "no daily chest" is a bit overkill. Maybe each time you abandon a run, the level of your chest is reduced by one? As in, you've completed an M15 for the week; your weekly chest will have an item scaled to that level. If you abandon a run, your weekly chest will not give an item as if you completed an M14. If you abandon 5 runs, although you've completed an M15 your chest will now contain an M10 item. I'm not sure whether doing another M15 after the fact would reset this or not; maybe every completed run afterwards of at least that level or higher could re-add one level. I don't think revoking the chest entirely would be appropriate, but lowering the level of the chest's reward seems like a great punishment to me.
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-02-10 at 07:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    this is a new and original topic
    It also an unresolved issue.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

People leave when the group is shit/hopeless.
    Don't have shit/hopeless groups. Problem solved.

Or group with friends who will stay regardless. But once you pug, people can and will leave

15+ Year Old Account
    I do feel like something needs to be done. I'm just not sure ahat the fair thing would be. Last week, a healer dropped in the middle of a boss fight in Arc and completely screwed us. Now I hate Arc as much as the average player. We were trying to help a fellow guildy up his key and he just happen to get stuck with Arc. The only role we didn't have covered was a healer. We explained that we were only going for 2 chests before starting and the healer didn't complain. We seemed to still have a chance at 3 chests judging by the timer when they dropped, so they might have even gotten more than we said they would had they just finished the run. Because they dropped though, we were screwed because of the not being able to replace a member rule.

Maybe even a simple "a member dropped, would you like to replace for X minute penalty?" option would do it. The option is only there if the member who used a key is still in the run so you can't steal keys. They could pause the timer and lock you in a force field like they donat the start of the run until the new member zones in and use lose a number of minutes based on the dungeon.

Starcraft had a decent system in team games that wouldn't punish someone that left just once or once every once in a great while but it observed people that did it often enough and then only allowed those people to group together until they went long enough without doing it. It wasn't an observable timer. You just had to deal with it until you proved yourself to the system. Each time you went back on the leaver list it took less to get you there and longer to get off. Best punishments are usually those that give you a taste of your own medicine.

Deleted
    The moment you introduce leaver penalty, people will troll you by going AFK and holding you hostage. If you leave or log off, you get the penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stones should be recoverable. Like say with a level taken off depending on how long the timer has run.

A punishment for leaving would entirely kill the mythic+ system and leave it a system of leechers and boost groups.

I have hundreds and hundreds of mythic+ completed between all my chars and I can only think of one unjustified group quit that made me rage (that was a healer suddenly declaring that he needs to go to his guild raid near the end of a HoV run that was going very well).

If I join a tyrannical BRH and it starts off with wiping because the healer can't stop dying to volcanics and arrow barrages, I expect that the dungeon will be a 1-2 hour wipefest and the group might not be able to kill the last boss at all. There is no point staying in such a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but Mythic+ has been a system of leechers and boosters for like 5 months now.
    Not really, I'm pugging a weekly +15 with 2 chars without too much trouble. The average quality of 5-12 runs has declined a lot, though, but you still get plenty of decent pug runs.

If leaving was punished the quality would take a massive hit as there's no way proper people would risk joining a pug if there wasn't an option to bail. It would just be boost groups, groups with guildies/friends and then a ton of failing runs.