Poll: Vote

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you take part in world events?

Personally I haven't been to one in ages.

I got my violet proto drake back in Cataclysm or Wrath I think. Haven't really done them since unless there's a specific reward I'm looking for.

I've been needing only merrymaker since WoTLK. I might get it this year, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever they update a holiday/ add a new toy

I did, years ago, when they introduced the achievement system. These days it's usually only the minimal effort required if they add something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    only for any pets, toys, transmogs, achievememts, titles or mounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    only if there is a reward im interested in.

like that fucking headless horseman mount which as invincible simply refuses to drop for me.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Absolutely, I find them to be quite fun, most of the time.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    I did them all once for the violet drake.

Other than that, not really. Except when there is a new mount/pet/etc I'm looking for.

I used to do them with alts when the gear you got was decent. Brewfest for the trinkets, for example. But since some time now those are too low to be worthwhile (I still remember when you could use them in a raid on a freshly dinged alt).

As I couldn't care less about pets, toys, transmogs, achievememts, titles or mounts, then... you know my answer.

I got mine back in wrath so, honestly, to bring myself to do any of the extra toys and shit. I'm just not down.
    Casual.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but very rarely. It do it when they add a toy/new pet/mount.

I'd like to see an Omen-like mount added to Lunar Festival. It already uses that core hound skeleton, so why not?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got the Violet Drake in 2009, but I have done the sub-achievements multiple times over, also was gone from April 2013 to September 2016 so missed some added stuff like toys,

Right now going for the Love Boat and Sturdy Love Fool , and of course the elusive love rocket (I did have the pink plainstrider from long ago)

Hallows end and Direbrew mounts took maybe 2 years for me, got them pretty early on.

Also recently cleaned out bank on toons I had like 3 different expansion versions of the headless helm

Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    I got my violet proto drake back in Cataclysm or Wrath I think. Haven't really done them since unless there's a specific reward I'm looking for.
    This..

Still farming the love is in the air dungeon because I have yet to get a Big Love Rocket
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Certains ones I find have cool items/titles. Others I skip completely.

don't really care about the Violet Proto.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post

Still farming the love is in the air dungeon because I have yet to get a Big Love Rocket
    Same here, actually dug up low level toons on other realms, but learned not to go healing on them as that doesn't seem to scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Same here, actually dug up low level toons on other realms, but learned not to go healing on them as that doesn't seem to scale.
    Yeah same..

Last year we could only use characters.. I think it was level 88+?, which I only had about 9 of. Now I could also use all my old left to rot characters, so now it's 18 characters to run the dungeon each day

And the scaling.. God knows what they were thinking.. Mobs HP scale, player dps scale.. But then they leave player HP where it is, making it literally impossible for a low level to heal.. Doing 1000HP heals on a player with 3m health

But atleast we can release doing combat, so you can still beat the bosses by just returning to life and continueing to fight.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    gota get dem acheves

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Whenever they update a holiday/ add a new toy
    this basically. the one exception being Darkmoon and couple of others. I do them partially, when I'm in a process of grinding rep (like for pathfinder for example), for the 10% buff. otherwise, I've been done with holiday events couple of expansions ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do a little bit here and there (mainly only to get some toys, but not all every year). After I got my Violet Protodrake in the first year where I did everything (oh god the easter thing in Brill, good times). Since I own most rewards and achievements I just don't care anymore. Or not enough to do so much each year that I can afford all the new stuff.

But I don't skip them completely. While I barely did anything for Lunar Festival, I did visit around 10-20 Elders and bought the 3 new toys because I still had coins from previous years.