Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Point is, we've seen 10,000 threads from people like you that got a bad legendary and want to publicly moan about it. While it is relatable, it is so widespread it's been beaten to death. Find a solution, you say? No one is going to find a solution except Blizzard. People here see you've got 10 posts to your account, and they immediately assume you just come here to complain and want sympathy. What fruitful discussion can come of you ranting about not getting the legendary you want? Hm?

There's no solution to be made here.
    Ive always been someone who reads more than he posts. Ive posted 10k+ times on WoW forums, but MMO seems to be taken more seriously, so I've chosen to post here. Find a solution? Ofc only Blizzard can do that. However, there is no sign of that happening. So, people tend to 'help out' when there is no sign nor feedback on a specific subject. If there was any kind of feedback on how the system actually works or any future plans, than im sure there would be no/less need for me to post. But since none of that is clear to me, I choose to post.

That said, there are solutions to be made. And from the 10,000 threads made, it looks like its only fitting a solution is found. Yet, we get 0 feedback on this matter. So what do people do? Try to get feedback, or make suggestions. I guess its a lost cause anyway, but this has been the case with not only WoW, but other Blizzard games aswell. Poor/low feedback, making posts repeatable.

So I guess solution #1 would be...Blizzard actually giving some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    The system works fine for the majority of the player base. Sure, it might suck as a mythic raider or someone running the highest levels of mythic+. But you are a small part of the player base and the problem is something you and your groups are setting for yourself, by wanting to only bring people with bis legendaries..
    The content is not tuned around bis legendaries and you do not need them to clear content.
    Untrue. This problem is created by blizzard by making some of them ridiculously good and some of them ridiculously bad. They've had 15 years of running wow, long enough to know that "optional and fun" stuff that increases your power level in some way will inevitably become necessary. Like when blacksmithing gave you extra gem slots and enchanting gave you special enchants, some professions were simply required by raiding guilds. And so they removed it because they didn't want it to feel required to have certain professions to min/max yourself.

Same deal except instead of at least having some control over it, now it's totally random.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itychy View Post
    Our raid team absolutely care that we got shit legendaries. This fallacy is not applicable to both sides of the argument and is just personal opinion.
    so your team will bench you if you dont have the right legendaries?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly who cares? We already established that getting benched for not having the BiS legendaries was a total myth except in the cases of absolutely awful guilds. Don't tie your happiness to having your BiS legendary. My favorite character has an absolutely shitty legendary and one BiS legendary, my main got legendaries for a spec that was nerfed into the ground. But I'm not crying about it, it is what it is. My guild isn't going to bench me, I'm not going to get declined if I decide to pug some Mythics. You said it yourself, you next legendary PROBABLY isn't going to be BiS either.

Quote Originally Posted by Itychy View Post
    Our raid team absolutely care that we got shit legendaries. This fallacy is not applicable to both sides of the argument and is just personal opinion.
    So your guild is either pushing for world first and you have like 5 of the same class for an alt to better farm legendaries OR your guild is a shitty guild. Because if you're not pushing for world first and you're getting benched for the wrong legendaries, that's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so your team will bench you if you dont have the right legendaries?
    Maybe his team will bench him for low DPS, which would be solved if he got the right set of legendaries. And honestly shouldn't have been a limiting factor in the first place.

At same illvl and same skill level, it comes down to which legendaries you have. If it's the choice between someone doing 700k and someone doing 600k, the guy doing 600k is going to get the bench.

Nobody wants to feel like their character is being limited by arbitrary RNG. Nobody wants to see other people do more damage than them purely because they got better legendaries. And even if it's not the legendaries causing the discrepancy, it will still be a convenient scapegoat and cause people to become discouraged. And what benefit is there to the system as-is?

Yeah, it's a shit game. Should quit playing it like I did.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

TL;DR The newest iteration of the "RNG didn't bless me with BiS I hate Legendary system" post.

I love how the post starts with "I'm going to be THAT guy." You are either clearly new to the forums or blindly ignorant of them. This is a post that comes back every few days after the last one is ignored for being the same worthless text from the last one.

It's your right to be upset that you're not the luckiest guy ever, just know that the issue has been driven into the ground already.

There's no cap on legendaries, go grind more. You'll get one eventually. Posting here won't help.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I don't get this "they are a bonus" mentality. Everyone has them, so it's not a bonus.
    Exactly. An exclusive mount is a bonus. A rare toy item is a bonus. A cosmetic transmog item is a bonus.

All gear -- including legendary gear -- is at the heart of end game character progression. Outside of the world/server-first raid progession contest, gear is the primary focus of character progression at the level cap. It's never a "bonus."

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathkunt View Post
    Don't tie your happiness to a system that is exactly the same RNG for everyone. You only set yourself up for disappointment.

No one cares that you got shit legendaries.
    The problem with this is that WoW is a game which has historically rewarded time and effort with progression. Except in legion that progression is capped by the RNG system due to the level of performance that BiS legendaries give. Because the legendary drop system includes bad luck protection that is reset by having bad luck(getting a garbage legendary instead of a good one), it's really not a very good system to begin with.

I don't see anything wrong with pointing out the flaws with the system, especiall when those arguments are being made by people who have put in MASSIVE amounts of time, money, and effort into the game in order to give the system a chance. I mean...really...are people so blind to the flaws that they're willing to defend a system where it's actually more effective to create a completely new character and level it up because it's more efficient than simply playing the game normally on one character?

Quote Originally Posted by syllabic View Post
    Like when blacksmithing gave you extra gem slots and enchanting gave you special enchants, some professions were simply required by raiding guilds. And so they removed it because they didn't want it to feel required to have certain professions to min/max yourself.
    Well.. Maybe you should opt to learn your class a little better, if you were forced to get enchanting for the enchanters only ring enchants, or JC for the higher stat gems for that very little extra output..

I was never forced to do any of that, when I raided end game in TBC or Wrath. Nor in MoP or WoD..

Basic enchants, gems and the extra belt socket when it was a thing. Is completly understandable, because those can be bought in a few seconds on AH.. You can not farm for bis legendaries. And they are not needed, so requiring those of your raiders, is in my opinion just stupid.

Legendaries make the content easier, you might be able to clear it a few weeks faster with bis legendaries than just any average or "shit" legendary.. But that really doesn't make a difference when your not racing for world first.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe his team will bench him for low DPS, which would be solved if he got the right set of legendaries. And honestly shouldn't have been a limiting factor in the first place.

At same illvl and same skill level, it comes down to which legendaries you have. If it's the choice between someone doing 700k and someone doing 600k, the guy doing 600k is going to get the bench.

Nobody wants to feel like their character is being limited by arbitrary RNG. Nobody wants to see other people do more damage than them purely because they got better legendaries. And even if it's not the legendaries causing the discrepancy, it will still be a convenient scapegoat and cause people to become discouraged. And what benefit is there to the system as-is?
    You know what though? Even if we pretend that it's a common place problem in Mythic guilds, it's still not a major problem. It's a problem that impacts less than 5% of the game's population. Probably less than 3% of the game's population even. It's completely and totally irrelevant outside of Mythic raiding. So why fuck it up for everyone else? Heroic guilds shouldn't care, normal guilds if there is still such a thing definitely don't care, and LFR players certainly don't care.

another whine post about someone who doesn't understand the legendary system. Stop farming for rng items and just enjoy the game. When one drops be happy because no matter what it is its going to be better than an epic. Community is filled with entitlement over these items. Do you get upset when an epic drops thats a higher ilvl than yours even tho its not BIS? No you are happy for the upgrade no matter how small

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You know what though? Even if we pretend that it's a common place problem in Mythic guilds, it's still not a major problem. It's a problem that impacts less than 5% of the game's population. Probably less than 3% of the game's population even. It's completely and totally irrelevant outside of Mythic raiding. So why fuck it up for everyone else? Heroic guilds shouldn't care, normal guilds if there is still such a thing definitely don't care, and LFR players certainly don't care.
    If people outside of mythic guilds and min/maxers don't care about the legendary system, then why not fix it to the cater to the people who have a problem with it? If removing all DPS increases from legendaries wouldn't impact 95% of the playerbase, then they should definitely do that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If people outside of mythic guilds and min/maxers don't care about the legendary system, then why not fix it to the cater to the people who have a problem with it? If removing all DPS increases from legendaries wouldn't impact 95% of the playerbase, then they should definitely do that.
    They could do that, or they could just disable legendary effects in Mythic raiding. That way your average player can still get a fun and interesting effect.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They could do that, or they could just disable legendary effects in Mythic raiding. That way your average player can still get a fun and interesting effect.
    That seems like a bizarre workaround but I'd be fine with it if they did that. They should do it for heroic too if that's the case. Or hell, make them purely open-world effects.

As it stands now though, any magic that the legendary system might have had at first is long gone. The system is causing loads of frustration. Like the OP farmed for months doing tons of content, and at the end of it it feels like blizzard just took a dump on your keyboard. I'm sure it wasn't their intention to cause their players to become frustrated with it, but that's an inevitable consequence of a multiplayer game. People are going to be competitive. And working your ass off for months only to get a lousy payout (and a huge setback with the apparent enormous interval until your next one is likely to drop) is incredibly demoralizing.

7+ Year Old Account

lol a dps wont fix bad dps... if they are like "oh shit if you were 20k more dps we would keep you man" then hes bad

a legendary will not give him 100k fucking dps
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

While it would be cool if each legendary had some complex questline/grind that increased your chance of getting it by 15% or something, they seem pretty happy with the RNG element. For every pissed off player, there seems to be a happy one.

I'm a three myself, two of which are bleh. Thankfully my first was BiS or I would have been screwed; it's less BiS now, but still absolutely towards the top. I have other Demon Hunters that tie with me on DPS or beat me sometimes, with 15m damage or more from the legendaries that they have and I do not. Even though I technically did better, they look as if they're performing better although their post-legendary damage is much lower.

I can't imagine rerolling to try again. Gearing up to ~905 would take forever, and I could have the same (or worse) luck. The expansion is far from over, most of us will get what we want. Our performance this raid tier won't matter in the next, and so on and so on. If I have the ones I want by Sargeras time, I'll be content. If by then I'm still screwed and my next 2/3 have also been crap, I dunno. That'll suck and I sure hope it's not the case.

lol a dps wont fix bad dps... if they are like "oh shit if you were 20k more dps we would keep you man" then hes bad

A 100k increase for having the 2 best legendaries for a spec over 2 utility legendaries is not unreasonable. Especially as item level increases, the best legendaries often have spec-altering effects that will scale better than anything else in the game. Like a flat 10% damage increase when you have a chaos portal open. Or cooldown reduction on trueshot or vendetta. Or the DH ring that gives them WAY more fury than they would have without it? That's more chaos strikes, and as your chaos strike increases in damage the gap between having the ring and not having the ring is only going to grow.

A flat 10% dps increase is the difference between rank 54 artifact and rank 35. Pretty significant effect compared to pillars of the dark portal eh?

7+ Year Old Account

I dont know how far does his guild progress, but there are members in my guild that me and other officers had to bench in progress because if there are limited spots in raid, and there's a guy that does more damage than another and we need more damage to kill the boss (like we had in krosus or star augur), we will bench that guy that does less dps.

For example, we have 2 demon hunters in the guild. One runs legendary boots and neck, the other runs the fury regen ring and shoulders. The guy in boots and neck only enters a boss in progress if dps is not a factor we lack. Before the legendary items were adquired, they were fairly equal in all bosses. As more time passed and legendaries begain dropping, their disparity grew and grew and some bosses (depends on their opener) it goes beyond 100k dps.

4.8k kills? what?

legenadry dont drop off trash/mobs. And I really have no idea what else that many kills would elude too.

TLDR, You got a shitty legendary, like pretty much everybody else. RNG sucks and nobody likes it but blizz.