Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the problem is:
    who is the father of the child?

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    If all men suddenly became pro-life abortion would vanish.
    lol

Hate to break it to you, but even if we suddenly reverted back to a time when women were the property of the men in their lives, abortions would still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    It takes a man and a woman to have a child so it makes sense. If all men suddenly became pro-life abortion would vanish.
    So would a ton of willing sexual partners for them to impregnate. But abortion would still exist. Diets and strenuous physical activity can abort.

The father should only have consent on the abortion if he is willing to have the fetus implanted in himself in which he would have to carry it until its birth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    The father should only have consent on the abortion if he is willing to have the fetus implanted in himself in which he would have to carry it until its birth.
    This brings up an interesting point.

Really, sexual equality between men and women won't be a thing until artificial uteri are invented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Really, sexual equality between men and women won't be a thing until artificial uteri are invented.
    I think they've already been made possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with Republicans and why do they hate women so much? Women are not property.
    It takes two to tango, bud. This has nothing to do with "hating women." Stop regurgitating failed rhetoric.
    I don't read replies, so don't bother.

You mean robot sex slaves.

This is worked on by more men then artificial wombs are.

Leading me to believe most men don't want to be fathers, they just accept it when it happens.

Those that don't want to be fathers would just buy a robot sex slave to satisfy their sexual desires without ever having the risk of being a father.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticSoul View Post
    It takes two to tango, bud.
    Not when it's rape.

And if you ask a woman if she wants to be a mother to your child before you have sex with her, 9/10 times she will tell you no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    You mean robot sex slaves. Most men don't want to be fathers, they just accept it. Those that don't want to be fathers would just buy a robot sex slave to satisfy their sexual desires without ever having the risk of being a father.
    Robot sex slaves don't nullify the abortion debate in the way that artificial uteri do.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It takes two to tango, bud. This has nothing to do with "hating women." Stop regurgitating failed rhetoric.
    45 seconds of grunting and thrusting vs 9 months of carrying a child. "Two to tango," indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people who require the permission of someone else to undertake a medical procedure are children and the mentally infirm.

So either you hate women or think they're stupid.

Last I checked the man doesn't carry the fetus around for 9 months. Women are not property of men. They do not need to get permission to exercise their right to bodily autonomy.

And yes, it is hating women.

We come again to the timeless issue of "how are we supposed to make this fair to both parties when their contribution to the process of making a child is inherently unequal?"

This has its problems, allowing the man to "abort responsibility" and essentially opt out has its problems, I'll be honest I have no idea what they should do. It'd be a hell of a lot simpler if people just stayed together and raised the kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Robot sex slaves don't nullify the abortion debate in the way that artificial uteri do.
    But it's the thing they work on the most - if they really wanted the choice to be a father without a woman being involved, they would work on creating artificial wombs more then they do robot sex slaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    We come again to the timeless issue of "how are we supposed to make this fair to both parties when their contribution to the process of making a child is inherently unequal?"

This has its problems, allowing the man to "abort responsibility" and essentially opt out has its problems, I'll be honest I have no idea what they should do. It'd be a hell of a lot simpler if people just stayed together and raised the kids.
    I've got the solution.

Fathers can opt out of parenthood if they agree to a vasectomy.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This is the counter argument to the law/position in OK, and while it's correct, it won't last long. It's MUCH easier for people to get behind "the baby is both the father's and the mother's, both should have a say in it's future existence".

And if that's a "no" (as it should be, because of your very point Vanyali), then the next statement is why should father's have responsibility after it's born if they can't have any choice before it's born.

Which is why this law is brilliant. Very difficult to argue against.
    Not really. It takes 2 to make the child, man and woman. However, the pregnancy is NOT carried half by the woman,half by the man, it isn't an egg. It additionally comes with some potentially crazy, and/or permanent damage caused to the woman, and the woman only, to carry the pregnancy through, and -forcing- her to go through with it is very much grounds for mental damage as well. These things are not at all a risk or factor for the man. Yes, of course his feelings can take a beating, and that is understandable, it sucks...but it doesn't give him equal say next to all the crap the woman has to go through. Nevermind the medical bills.

When the pregnancy is completed, it doesn't stop being your biological child, so unless you get a legal out (which I do support, but not this degenerate crapload of a bill), then that's unfortunately how the world works...

Sure, the man could be forced to pay the medicals...but a lot of you complain a looot about child support too.

The system now is NOT fair, and it's not good, I will definately agree there. However, after a looot of debating on this topic, I now agree that men should be offered a legal out if they don't want to support their child when it's born. It's morally questionable to a lot of people, but so is abortion, and I am fine with that.

However, nobody should ever be treated as cattle.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-02-11 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    But it's the thing they work on the most - if they really wanted the choice to be a father, they would work on creating artificial wombs more then they do robot sex slaves.
    It's much easier to create a sexbot than an artificial womb.

Moreover, sexbots should probably be banned off the bat due to their ethical murkiness.

It's much easier to create a sexbot than an artificial womb.

Moreover, sexbots should probably be banned off the bat due to their ethical murkiness.
    Pff, we already have fleshlights and ancient dildos, hell, fetishes can be way more weird than just a sexbot. They're just aids for physical needs anyhow....and if robots is your fetish, go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Pff, we already have fleshlights and ancient dildos, hell, fetishes can be way more weird than just a sexbot. They're just aids for physical needs anyhow....and if robots is your fetish, go for it.
    It's more about the 'sex slave' thing.

If we had intelligent robots I would fully support robosexual marriage and the like.

It's more about the 'sex slave' thing.
    Nothing wrong with making a robot your sex slave.