Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Stop harping on about he contract. It's a terrible and invasive idea, when you are starting a relationship the last thing you want to do is start signing legal documents absolving you of various possible responsibilities, if that's something that you think is appropriate when courting someone then you are a very special kind of person. It seems to me that you are the extreme opposite of the anti abortion people, you are extreme pro abortion. You think that if a woman decides she does not want to be a parent she is entitled to decide not to be but if she wants to keep it she has the right to expect financial help from someone who may not even be able to afford it. If a woman makes that decision she has to take responsibility for it herself, not expect someone else to pay for it. If she cannot afford it she has the option of aborting, if a man cannot afford it, you just don't care.

If the registry were to work it would need to be recognized as law otherwise people could just dispute a contract that they did not agree to, like if the woman hadn't registered but the guy had.
    If one registers, but the other doesn't, then it wouldn't apply. Both people would have to agree that one is relinquishing responsibility. If you think only the man would be the one who needs to do it, then you undermine the entire principle of mutual agreement.

I'm pro freedom, and pro personal responsibility. I don't give a damn about abortion, mainly because it's none of my concern what someone else does with their body. If I had a uterus, then I would care about abortion. I don't care if either of them cannot afford it, because they both made a shitty decision to risk getting pregnant.

It boils down to the actions one takes, and taking responsibility for those actions. Regardless of what a woman chooses to do afterwards (or makes no decision at all), the man is still responsible for the consequences of his actions. As soon as she became pregnant, he is responsible for the outcome of that decision, so is she. Once conception occurs, a baby is the inevitable result, unless another action is taken. If no other action is taken, then the consequence is shared by two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This goes back to the original issue that you stated - that pregnancy is never accidental. You are actively demanding people to remain abstinent. Which I again state is illogical and unrealistic. Especially in this day and age where its pretty clear that we like options - because we have so many methods to stop pregnancies.
    I'm not demanding abstinence, I'm recommending people think about the consequences of their actions. if someone doesn't want to risk getting a woman pregnant, and having a kid... there are numerous options. Pull out early, try anal, use a condom, spermicides, get a vasectomy, or don't have sex.

That isn't what you said though. You said its never an accident. So having sex at all means you knowingly purposefully get pregnant. Which is a ridiculous thing to say.

That isn't what you said though. You said its never an accident. So having sex at all means you knowingly purposefully get pregnant. Which is a ridiculous thing to say.
    Having sex is a purposeful act, so any possible results should be anticipated. What I meant, is one should never be surprised that it's a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Having sex is a purposeful act, so any possible results should be anticipated. What I meant, is one should never be surprised that it's a possibility.
    Much in the same way as a motor vehicle accident. We've been over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Again, thats why I bring up walking. You are basically saying that anyone who trips while walking did so intentionally. That doesn't make logical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    No, it's not.

The point is that this pregnant woman is being given special treatment due to being pregnant.

If you were to give an abortion pill to a woman that isn't pregnant, you wouldn't get a punishment as harsh as this.

Why? The fetus has no rights. It can be chopped up by a doctor legally.

So how is poisoning a pregnant woman graver than poisoning a non pregnant woman?

That's the hypocrisy.
    I can choose to give away one of my kidneys. That doesn't give you the right to knock me unconscious and forcibly remove it from my body before I do so.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-02-11 at 03:03 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Gotta love those that fight for the rights of the criminals, makes you glad to know they would be on your side if you ever walked that path! =P
    Right? I'm so happy they'd go out of their way, inconveniencing themselves for my sake, if I ever decided to become a criminal. It warms my heart!

- - - Updated - - -

Again, thats why I bring up walking. You are basically saying that anyone who trips while walking did so intentionally. That doesn't make logical sense.
    Actually, I don't think he means they did it intentionally, so much as they should accept it as a possibility that it could happen. If I'm walking, I understand I might trip, or slip, or have a piano fall on me. It's not that likely, but there is a chance.

Certainly doesn't mean I'm to blame when that happens, though.

Deleted
    What is hypocritic about that? Murder is unlawful killing, it's a legal term. If abortion is legal then it's not unlawful killing for a woman to get an abortion. Seems like a simple thing to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkonen View Post
    What is hypocritic about that? Murder is unlawful killing, it's a legal term. If abortion is legal then it's not unlawful killing for a woman to get an abortion. Seems like a simple thing to understand.
    Their solution is to change the law to make it unlawful, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    It is interfering with the woman's bodily autonomy.
    Entering her and leaving a deposit can be considered the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Entering her and leaving a deposit can be considered the same thing.
    Not when she gave the OK on that. That is how bodily autonomy works.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you admit that it is lawful killing, most pro-abortionists won't even concede that fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Not when she gave the OK on that. That is how bodily autonomy works.
    What he did was wrong, even criminal, but equal rights doesn't mean the woman gets all the rights and men just have to go along. Equal = Equal, not weighted against men due to prior oppression that may or may not have involved the alleged bigot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

equal rights doesn't mean the woman gets all the rights
    Equal rights means they get the SAME rights

women get the right to bodily autonomy, men get the right to bodily autonomy

women get the right to give up parental rights, men get the right to give up parental rights

my ex-husband and I both did this for our unwanted pregnancy - we gave the child away

my current husband and I will abort any of our unwanted pregnancies that result from failed contreception, however, because I don't want to risk my life again
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-11 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    At least you admit that it is lawful killing, most pro-abortionists won't even concede that fact.
    "Pro-abortionists"? ... What?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    let's care more about actual human being living and breathing (AKA the mother) and less about potential human being of teh future (here, the foetus).

yes abortion is killing a living being, but the being is not sentient, not self aware. Society should thrive to make a better living for its members, not enforce archaic religious belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    if you do it correctly
    There is always the risk you will fall. Perfection doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-11 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    An abortion pill is just a stronger version of the morning-after pill. It will cause a few days of bleeding. Essentially a very strong period...

Surely the emotional pain is what causes the sentence to be this long? It is still weird seeing as here in Scandinavia 7 years is a very long time in prison, a. There are murderers who have had less than 7 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    An abortion pill is just a stronger version of the morning-after pill. It will cause a few days of bleeding. Essentially a very strong period...

Surely the emotional pain is what causes the sentence to be this long? It is still weird seeing as here in Scandinavia 7 years is a very long time in prison, a. There are murderers who have had less than 7 years.
    What murderers?

Deleted
    What murderers?
    http://www.strafferetshjaelpen.dk/fagomrader/drab.html

Says here that the sentence in regards to intentional murder is 5 years to life time. The sentence for non-intentional murder is from a fine to 4 months. In the exceptional cases of non-intentional murder it is up to 8 years. This is for Denmark, I would imagine it is even softer in Norway and Sweden.

The guy robbed this woman of a life with a child, a life that she decided she wanted.

Does it really surprise you that the guy got 7 years? Holy fuck.