Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's not gonna happen.

If there's that large of a party, chances are they either reserved ahead of time (So the restaurant should have been prepared), or they had to wait just as long for that many tables to open it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    As the topic states, I think restaurants should not accept parties of more than 4 people. Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of 12 come into a restaurant. This means they often have to rearrange tables to accommodate them, and it causes everyone else to have to wait even more because they take up the tables space that 3 other small groups couldve had causing everyone else to have to wait longer.

Additionally, when large parties come in, it takes additional staff to serve them creating shittier service for other people (longer waits for drink refills if they ever do come to give you one, longer time to wait for dessert order, longer wait for the bill, and longer wait for receipt).

Large groups of people are also loud causing audible disturbances to everyone around them because they feel the need to shout from one end of the table to the other to talk to each other, and lastly they almost always want serparate checks (takes too much of the server's time) for everyone and rarely leave a good tip (which is why some restaurants demand a gratuity for parties of 8 or more (which should also be illegal because tips are voluntary and you arent allowed to charge different people different prices for the same thing. They are paying more for the same food as the people next to them just because they want to sit together)
    This is hillariously in line with the personality I've assigned to you, Orlong. You really need to calm the fuck down and stop projecting your problems on other people.

I imagine you just came home from a restaurant visit where a buncha people came in at once. THey laughed, they had fun and had a good time. But you sat there alone at your table, fuming with anger at how good a time these people had, so you went home to vent with this thread to talk about how horrible people who have a good time are.

Anyhow, many restaurants want you to call ahead of your visit if you're bringing a really big group, so that they can reserve seats for your group. Some will actually not accomodate a sudden big group appearing. Most will very much appriciate if, even on lunch, you call them before you go there and ask if there's room. THey might actually say "No, we can't accomodate you."
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2017-02-11 at 07:17 PM.

Next time I have a birthday party I'm gonna make sure to book it at a place Orlong frequents. I'll make sure we're as boisterous as possible, just for his enjoyment.
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

Large parties are actually more efficient when it comes to manpower, the OP is flat out wrong on that issue. It takes less effort to serve a party of twenty, than it does five tables of four. Of course, if the OP wants, he should just open up his own restaurant.

In the end, large parties generally have to wait longer, and don't really slow down other customers. Some people just want to whine, and ban everything they don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Sounds like a good way to lose a lot of money. So yeah, not gonna happen.
    Only if the restaurant isnt already packed every night which most are

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    just ban everything in the US .. god forbid that u wanna go out with family or with friends for some special events like birthday yada yada ..what is wrong with people like u?
    Hire a caterer or dont bring 10 people with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    How long until our little Orlong figures out you're not supposed to go to Restaurants alone?

Deleted
    Of all the things to get mad about...

Deleted
    Must be sad for him. Seeing all those people out having a good time with their Families and Friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    1st World problems....

I recall making a reservation for 2 dozen people for a farewell party...a good couple of weeks in advance.

Pro-tip...make reservation.
    Except place like Carrabbas dont take reservations

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing businesses don't operate on your personal preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its even worse when its a wedding rehearsal party or bridal party. They are so loud and obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its even worse when its a wedding rehearsal party or bridal party. They are so loud and obnoxious

Isn't the fact that large groups need more work that an additional 10% is thrown on the bill in most restaurants?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Must be sad for him. Seeing all those people out having a good time with their Families and Friends.
    Why go to a restaurant alone anyway?

Are you telling me that families with 3-4 children are banned from restaurants??? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Why though? Whats the difference between 3 parties of 4 and 1 party of 12? What revenue is lost?

OT no, what a silly notion.
    If anything, I think they'd gain money since a lot of places impose a mandatory gratuity for large parties (then the waitstaff proceeds to completely ignore you because they know they're already getting a good tip).

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Why go to a restaurant alone anyway?
    Because you don't want to cook?

Send a complaint to the restaurant.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you complaning abauth.

Here they come with free music if party is large enogh. 30 - 80 people
    And you dont have to pay it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I think restaurants need to stop forcing gratuity on large parties. That being said, OP, you can think whatever you want, but no restaurant owner will ever, ever, ever, ever, ever do this. I'm sure these restaurants like making money.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Of all the things to complain about, go sit at the bar mind your own fucking business. Better yet stay at home and yell at that darn kids to stay off your lawn!