Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    IDK BLM Canada just called him a white supremacist.
    BLM Toronto, which is a total joke because black people have it great here, they're just so desperate to make a scene. At this point they are just another supremacist group, but of the black variety so society doesn't know how to deal with them yet. One of the co-founders has a history of posting all kinds of racist garbage on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    What exactly is shocking about a private member bill that attempts to "quell the increasing public climate of hate and fear" and "condemn systematic racism and religious discrimination" with a "holistic response through evidence-based policy-making"?
    Nothing, as long as people are of the 100% complete understanding that saying the muslim religion is a load of horse shit and complete garbage is NOT hate speech or racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Nothing, as long as people are of the 100% complete understanding that saying the muslim religion is a load of horse shit and complete garbage is NOT hate speech or racism.
    How about 64%? give or take 10

BLM Toronto, which is a total joke because black people have it great here, they're just so desperate to make a scene. At this point they are just another supremacist group, but of the black variety so society doesn't know how to deal with them yet. One of the co-founders has a history of posting all kinds of racist garbage on social media.
    I got a feeling this won't be covered though. Severe oppression 'n all that.

I got a feeling the people up north follow a similar mentality as some of the Mods around here, so I get a feeling both would result in a possible infraction :P

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Hate speech is already defined in the Criminal Code and falls under "Public incitement of hatred"

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...ction-319.html

Saying something is horse shit and garbage is not considered hate speech.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Hate speech is already defined in the Criminal Code and falls under "Public incitement of hatred"

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...ction-319.html

Saying something is horse shit and garbage is not considered hate speech.
    I think the main problem people are concerned about (the valid one at least) is that speech laws seem to be vulnerable to concept creep. So if it's illegal to incite hatred against a group, one could semantically argue the chain of: "Mohammed was a pedofile" -> anti-Islam -> Islamophobia -> hate speech against muslims

I don't think there's been any cases like this, but I'd rather not sit around and hope that people executing the law are going to be really reasonable and nice.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-02-11 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Left wing extremism needs to be controlled first since it is more out of control. BLM Canada is a hate group spreading hate speech and nothing has been done about their leaders.
    The fact that Yusra k Ali as not been disavowed is more then enough proof that BLM is nothing more than a black supremacist hate group.

And we also have Sandra Hudson stealing a hundreds of thousands of dollars from UoT and calling people racist for pointing it out.

Seriously BLM Canada is pure cancer.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think the main problem people are concerned about (the valid one at least) is that speech laws seem to be vulnerable to concept creep. So if it's illegal to incite hatred against a group, one could semantically argue the chain of: "Mohammed was a pedofile" -> anti-Islam -> Islamophobia -> hate speech against muslims

I don't think there's been any cases like this, but I'd rather not sit around and hope that people executing this law are going to be really reasonable and nice.
    Except Canada has had hate speech laws for decades. This motion has nothing to do with speech as that's already covered under our existing laws.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this got derailed into an abusive race thread.

This is why we don't allow that kind of discussion here. Locked.