Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    Deleted

1009 Maw of Souls runs needed to max out Artifact in 7.2

https://twitter.com/Justw8/status/830548673297805315

Thoughts?

People with currently maxed out artifact weapons are forced to do 17 less runs.
    To put this into perspectivem, 0-54 required approximately ~250 runs at 25AK

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Thoughts?
    I don't really care. The AK system is designed to last the entire expansion for folks who approach it with some level of sanity, hence the diminishing returns as you go higher. If folks really want to subject themselves to 1000 Maw of Terrible Camera Angles, they're more than welcome I suppose.

You do know there are 15 more AK levels coming in 7.2 as well, right? We can go up to 40 when the patch hits.

Could make it more exciting and do 1009 HoV runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    You do know there are 15 more AK levels coming in 7.2 as well, right? We can go up to 40 when the patch hits.
    You could try to look at the picture I posted?

thats in the math look at 400000% AP.

personally i don't care i don't intend to do 40 m+ a day, it's not supposed to be finished instantly.

also the math for 7.2 probably is not final either.

I know this won't even graze the surface of your head, but you know there is no actual imperative to do any of these things right? Are you so lost in your life that you've actually come to believe that collecting non-existent artefact power is actually something you should spend your finite amount of time trying to acquire.

If you use the term "forced", then you already lost any argument you were trying to make.
    Do blizzard set entry requirements based on your artifact progression ?
    No, players do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

That's AT AK 40.... jesus to people even read anymore before trying to defend things or bad game design

Quote Originally Posted by Heckadots View Post
    That's AT AK 40.... jesus to people even read anymore before trying to defend things or bad game design
    Elaborate bad game design?

If you take 2 minutes to look at the picture that's calculated into it. AK40 is 400,000% as he listed. It will require exactly as much as he said.

On topic, while I can't say that I'm not surprised that Blizzard pulled this kind of stunt, I'm sure that it'll cost them hundreds of thousands of more subs. Because I know I'm not going to fucking spend every waking minute of my day doing maw of souls 6-9 just because Blizzard has to make everything a grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you use the term "forced", then you already lost any argument you were trying to make.
    Do blizzard set entry requirements based on your artifact progression ?
    No, players do.
    Oh look its this moron again. No Blizzard does when they tune content around players having everything maxed out and that's very clear with how Nighthold Progression has been going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    I know this won't even graze the surface of your head, but you know there is no actual imperative to do any of these things right? Are you so lost in your life that you've actually come to believe that collecting non-existent artefact power is actually something you should spend your finite amount of time trying to acquire.
    If you apply that logic to anything, everything will be meaningless. If that's what he wants to do in life, it is by no means in the grand scheme any less worthless than what you're doing.

Deleted
    You'll need more, though.
    This math assumes that you'll have AK40 on the day 7.2 launches. Or that you don't start farming until you get AK40 months later.
    In reality you start farming maw with AK25. The real number is probably closer to 1500.

Quote Originally Posted by Berph View Post
    over 1k M+ dungeons to max out 1 artifact for 1 character is bad design. People like to play more than 1 character or more than 1 spec at the highest ability possible, this prevents that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berph View Post
    It's bad game design to require 1000 dungeons to get to the highest competitve level.

75 days to get to Ak 40.

Legion is a big fat fucking failure.

I miss WoD.

Or - you could just play the game, and let the AK system do the work for you

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Artifact power is like a long boring road with a nice maxed out weapon at the end as your reward. Now just when i'm coming to the end and i can stop farming the shit i see something past the end. It's road workers adding more boring fucking road.

Artifact Power was a clear step in trying to stop or diminish split raiding/farming in my mind that didnt work. So what do they do? They make it exponentially harder in 7.2.

That amount of runs assumes you're AK 40. It's 1,009 runs at max AK.