Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why still cant equip 3rd legendary?

The average player whos been playing since sep last year should have around 4-5 legendaries by now, the first tiers been released for over a month and mythic guldan is already down, So Why cant we equip at least one more legendary? i got all bis legendaries but cant use them, im in a situation where i find getting the right epics is harder than getting legendaries.

Because the BiS whinge would become overwhelming, already enough trouble trying to get the perfect two.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    The average player whos been playing since sep last year should have around 4-5 legendaries by now.
    Wtf are you smoking seriously....

You realize a vast majority still don't even have 1 legendary right? Hell I got 2 on my paladin and one on my DH and I have played a insane amount of hours.

A small amount of players has more then 2 legendary's and a vast majority has less then 2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm not sure I'd agree that an average player that's been playing steadily since launch has 4-5 legendaries (unless you mean total across all alts). Remember that people who read MMO-C are disproportionately much more hardcore than your average player. Even more so for people who post on MMO-C.

I think you're vastly overestimating the level/amount of content your average player does.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

You realize a vast majority still don't even have 1 legendary right? Hell I got 2 on my paladin and one on my DH and I have played a insane amount of hours.

A small amount of players has more then 2 legendary's and a vast majority has less then 2.
    "A vast majority still don't have 1" That's a plain blatant lie. Anyone who has played since launch, would DEFINITELY have atleast 1. Unless they're doing no content that rewards legendaries. Plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    The average player whos been playing since sep last year should have around 4-5 legendaries by now, the first tiers been released for over a month and mythic guldan is already down, So Why cant we equip at least one more legendary? i got all bis legendaries but cant use them, im in a situation where i find getting the right epics is harder than getting legendaries.
    ...? average player has 4-5.... I play regularly and haven't taken a brake since launch and i just got my second last week...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    ...? average player has 4-5.... I play regularly and haven't taken a brake since launch and i just got my second last week...
    Question is, what content do you do?

Deleted
    Yeah more wicked scaling on top of wicked scaling, just what the game needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Daily emissary cache, LFR (I started ignoring EN after clearing it about 4-5 times fully because world quests gave better gear.), Mythic runs every so often, one or two M+ a week starting the week before 7.1, blingtron 6k everyday for some time (I don't remember the exact day I got my bling mode), some PvP matches but that's very sporadic.

As a side note I got my first one from a emissary cache, and I got my second from the first boss in the first wing of Night hold LFR.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2017-02-12 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    MMO-C forums couldn't handle the amount of extra salty moan topics.

I keep up on my emissary quests, do LFR, do mythics dungeons pretty much only when it's the dungeon weekly.

I have 5 characters at level 110.

Warrior has 3 legendaries.

Paladin has 4 legendaries.

Death Knight has 3 legendaries.

Demon Hunter has 2 legendaries.

Shaman has 1 legendary.

That's also the order in which they got to level 110, with the shaman and the demon hunter reaching cap about a week before 7.1.5.

Legendary items are a participation reward. Do the content, they'll show up soon enough.

You realize a vast majority still don't even have 1 legendary right?
    Wtf are YOU smoking?

If you don't have even 1 legendary yet, that's probably the most sad thing ever, unless you just hit 110 recently.

Seriously, anyone who has been 110 for longer than a week has at least 1 legendary by now, after all the drop rate buffs, especially to everyone's 1st.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Having to choose which two to equip for various content adds a layer of strategy to the game. Are you not powerful enough for anything you're trying to do? Mythic Gul'dan was killed without anyone equipping 3 legendaries. We'll be fine for a bit longer.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    4-5? Where do you come up with this information? I suspect you've made this up.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 - 5 is a little over the top. Most people will have 1 - 2 on one char. No blue post to verify this though. Be gratefull you have options to chose from. Comes down to making choices, like it always is with gear. Suck it up buttercut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Wtf are YOU smoking?

If you don't have even 1 legendary yet, that's probably the most sad thing ever, unless you just hit 110 recently.

Seriously, anyone who has been 110 for longer than a week has at least 1 legendary by now, after all the drop rate buffs, especially to everyone's 1st.
    He plays quite a bit actually so he's not really bullshitting you. lol

I actually do hope they enable a 3rd slot to be equipped at some point and maybe even a 4th. I want my monk like my monk in Diablo III (decked out in mostly legendary items :P).

I have 4 on my monk, 1 on my hunter, and 2 on my paladin.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lifurri/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aignips/simple
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Daily emissary cache, LFR (I started ignoring EN after clearing it about 4-5 times fully because world quests gave better gear.), Mythic runs every so often, one or two M+ a week starting the week before 7.1, blingtron 6k everyday for some time (I don't remember the exact day I got my bling mode), some PvP matches but that's very sporadic.

As a side note I got my first one from a emissary cache, and I got my second from the first boss in the first wing of Night hold LFR.
    So you play pretty casually, it's understandable you only have 2 legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I keep up on my emissary quests, do LFR, do mythics dungeons pretty much only when it's the dungeon weekly.

I have 5 characters at level 110.

Warrior has 3 legendaries.

Paladin has 4 legendaries.

Death Knight has 3 legendaries.

Demon Hunter has 2 legendaries.

Shaman has 1 legendary.

That's also the order in which they got to level 110, with the shaman and the demon hunter reaching cap about a week before 7.1.5.

Legendary items are a participation reward. Do the content, they'll show up soon enough.
    Exactly that, you play pretty casually too, It's just you have decent luck on top of it.

"A vast majority still don't have 1"That's a plain blatant lie.
    Show something that proves different.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I grind M+ on my Mage (did 20+ today alone) and have 4. I play very casually on my Priest (I don't even remember when I did my last M+ on this character) and have 2. My shaman does like 1-2 M+ a week and has 5. I'm actually a bit mad about that last part, it pisses me off that my alt has more legendaries than my main.

Simple answer for why we can't equip 3 legendaries yet: Most people don't have 3 legendaries worth using yet. Hell, a lot of people don't even have 2 legendaries worth using yet. Increasing the limit to 3 just makes the power disparity problem that much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show something that proves different.
    Literally, make a character, level it to 110, play for a week TOPS doing literally any content that rewards legendaries. You will have one, damn near guaranteed. Every single alt of mine that I have put even minimal effort into and every single guildie with alts has at least one on all of them. It is a very blatant lie to say the average player won't even have one, with how very quickly each player gets their first now.

Having 2-3 would be more reasonable if you have been playing since launch with any minorly significant amount of play time. Then the "hardcore" players that mythic raid, do constant M+ runs, etc. will have 4-5.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-02-12 at 08:19 AM.