Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Why do you need to be married to have legitimate childrens towards a government lol? The parents on your birth certificate are your legitimate parents period.
    Isn't the definition of legitimate "born to married parents" or am I missing the point of your question? So unless the parents on your birth certificate are married, or were when you were born, then you are an illegitimate child.... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Just one question - what the hell is wrong with these people?
    Also, probably won't come to pass or if it will, will get overturned by higher authority.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    No, it's not. Read it again.
    Oh. I was reading the second-to-last sentence. I didn't see the 'this would repeal it'.

Why would they do that, then? It's like saying, "Sorry, because of your health issues, we don't think you can be a legitimate parent. Too bad!"

I would only accept something like this if it was applied to gay women using artificial insemination to have a baby, and then trying to raise the child without a father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how expensive IVF and surrogacy can be. Why are the GOP attacking wealthy couples?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    So, what...? It's supposed to be designed so a woman can't artificially inseminate herself with a child and claim the "father" as the other parent, I guess? Does that actually happen?
    But it wouldn't solve that anyway, since the current law specifies the child is only legitimate IF the husband consents. If a woman sneaks off and does it behind his back, without his consent, it's already considered an illegitimate child.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

When Republicans used the argument against gay marriage that "well they can't naturally have children, so it's wrong" we used to always respond with "what about old people or sterile people, can they not get married now?"
    I'm going to assume the answer to that rhetorical question is yes in their minds, now. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    I would only accept something like this if it was applied to gay women using artificial insemination to have a baby, and then trying to raise the child without a father.
    So you would only discriminate against lesbian couples. Probably where the authors of this bill were trying to get. Stay classy.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-13 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i'd be screwed then if I lived there.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So you would only discriminate against lesbian couples. Probably where the authors of this bill were trying to get. Stay classy.
    Gay/lesbian people should stay away from children in general, they shouldn't be allowed to adopt/raise children, because it's cruel to the child. Children are raised best with a mother and a father, if gay people want to pretend to raise a family, they can just get a pet. I'm not trying to be mean, i'm just thinking of the children.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this bill.

It hurts wealthy couples who are unable to conceive by making inheritance unnecessarily complex for the children later on.

It hurts gay couples because their child will be considered illegitimate every time.

I'm not sure whether it affects hospital records since I'm not familiar with Tennessee state laws in that regard.

It hurts single mothers since it will be the same case as the gay couples.

And lastly it hurts couples who had a child out of wedlock.

Unless I'm reading this wrong this seems like an egregious waste of taxpayer money to even forward an idiotic bill like this. What happened to being fiscally conservative?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Wow, that is some hardcore old bible for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    What happened to being fiscally conservative?
    It died under mysterious circumstances in the late 70s or early 80s.

Its skin was flayed off and turned into suits that Republicans wear to this day.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

A proposed bill in the Tennessee General Assembly seeks to classify children born through artificial insemination as illegitimate children.
    So... what are they then? Mutants? Freaks? I mean, if they're not "legit children", they clearly can't be human, right?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gay/lesbian people should stay away from children in general, they shouldn't be allowed to adopt/raise children, because it's cruel to the child. Children are raised best with a mother and a father, if gay people want to pretend to raise a family, they can just get a pet. I'm not trying to be mean, i'm just thinking of the children.
    I'm going to try and be as polite as possible seeing as how utterly ignorant your comment is.

Studies done on children between a nuclear family and gay couples have shown little if any difference between their mental development or any other unit of measurement you want to use.

Explain exactly how it is "cruel" to the child? Children born to single parents turn out just fine as well so there goes your theory.

Also no, you aren't thinking of the children, this is all you and whatever cockamamie misconceptions you have regarding gay couples and children.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I can't facepalm hard enough at this... enough Gen-OT for me today.
    This level of sheer ignorance is just stunning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I can't facepalm hard enough at this... enough Gen-OT for me today.
    This level of sheer ignorance is just stunning.
    I don't even make any expectations of this site and I'm still disappointed by the depths to which a lot of the posters drop to.

Hard to imagine that they're all functioning members of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    I'm going to try and be as polite as possible seeing as how utterly ignorant your comment is.

Studies done on children between a nuclear family and gay couples have shown little if any difference between their mental development or any other unit of measurement you want to use.

Explain exactly how it is "cruel" to the child? Children born to single parents turn out just fine as well so there goes your theory.

Also no, you aren't thinking of the children, this is all you and whatever cockamamie misconceptions you have regarding gay couples and children.
    They would be teased by other children, and have an increased chance of also being gay. There have been real studies(unlike the nonsense you claimed) that children raised without a father are less successful in their adult life.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-02-13 at 02:16 AM.

Stop using children to justify your bigotry.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would be teased by other children, and have an increased chance of also being gay. There have been real studies(unlike the nonsense you claimed) that children raised without a father are less successful in their adult life.
    Kids get teased regardless of the parents they have. So that is not an argument. Also post said studies if the ones the others are so nonsense.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi