Shadow priest MUST dungeon as a healer?

So, I started an SPriest yesterday. She is now level 18. I wanted to do any of the first 3 dungeons, and I checked off the DPS box... only to find out that I can't be considered DPS in some dungeons ( it said it when I went to click on find group )......

In NO WAY do I want to be a healer. But I did it in RFC because I know you pretty much don't even need a healer in there - though I did heal a rogue that almost died......

Anyway, when does this go away so I can solely DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    So, I started an SPriest yesterday. She is now level 18. I wanted to do any of the first 3 dungeons, and I checked off the DPS box... only to find out that I can't be considered DPS in some dungeons ( it said it when I went to click on find group )......

In NO WAY do I want to be a healer. But I did it in RFC because I know you pretty much don't even need a healer in there - though I did heal a rogue that almost died......

Anyway, when does this go away so I can solely DPS?
    I would say most dungeons you won't need to heal, perhaps occasionally only. But I would guess this just happens at lower lvl dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    When you are level 10, you unlock your Spec changing shizzle.
    Whilst you may want to be an Spriest, make sure you aren't accidentally in Holy Spec or such, because that might force you into just a healing role. Aside from that, there shouldn't be any reason.
    Nope.... I was in shadow all day before the dungeon. And I have shadow spells. Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Pain.........

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Can you post a screenshot or something? I've never seen a class being forbidden to be dps in a group finder.

Are you sure the dps box is ticked while the healer box is unticked?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Can you post a screenshot or something? I've never seen a class being forbidden to be dps in a group finder.

Are you sure the dps box is ticked while the healer box is unticked?

I will see how to do that. I don't know how.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, I am not going to tell you what I did..... I am a priestard....... doh!