Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Dave Rubin of 'The Rubin Report' (also gay, also formerly of the left) go through something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    hah no not even remotely. Again do you have substantive critique of existing power and economic structures on tv? Ever have a marxist, an honest to god marxist on cnn or msnbc? Nope.

The political dynamic at work here is called the "overton window". The degree of permissible debate has lagrely moved to the right.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window
    Why do you care, you don't care about facts, just your feels. You're right, all media is central, fair and balance, now go bother someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Didn't Dave Rubin of 'The Rubin Report' (also gay, also formerly of the left) go through something similar?
    Generally people that go through 'conversions' of this sort when exposed to the 'true face' of <insert political ideology here> tended to have wishy washy ideals and more identified with it for superficial reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    In terms of general averages, because journalists tend to be humanities majors they tend to fall on the left side of the spectrum.

The major source of conservative news media is the think tank.
    Humanities majors don't get very much money.

Conservative think tanks gets lots and lots of funding. Ask yourself what matters more and what helps disseminate more information? Then ask yourself hey doesnt that peter thiel guy have some fund available to shut down these journals?

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. I know and am friends with many Trump supporters and hard-right republicans in liberal California. They're not hated or shunned. Most people are decent enough to respect other people's beliefs, and in turn appreciate the chance to engage in intellectual discussion and have their long-standing views questioned. I have changed stances a few times based on these friends.

This article provides no evidence for its claims, the guy could easily be making this stuff up (not saying he is - just that he easily could). What this article highlights is the extreme far left and far right. I'm sure there are liberals who live in tight-knit conservative communities and were shunned once their views came out.

But acting like 50% of the country is like this, just because they voted "D" is absurd.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Why do you care, you don't care about facts, just your feels. You're right, all media is central, fair and balance, now go bother someone else.
    I absolutely do, you just brought none as usual. In this case the "feels" is the idea that the media is left wing. What a crock of shit. Then you have the gal to tell me I just go by feels ahahahhaah. You're also attributing statements I never made. The media is horrible biased in favored of corporate power and access to politicians. It is no way left wing however. Also did you pick that mic back up?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-02-13 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Yeah her prediction on Trump winning the presidency back in June of 2015 helped to discredit her.
    I agree. Ann Coulter is being treated unfairly because she's an insane woman.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I do not care for most of any. I would like to know why it took a month for any news in the US to talk about the NOAA lie at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    If by insane you mean a left-wing agitator, then absolutely. I guess I could argue that Bill Maher is just as coo coo.
    No, insane as in there's more evidence for the Higgs Boson than there is of a link between Ann Coulter and reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I absolutely do, you just brought none as usual. In this case the "feels" is the idea that the media is left wing. What a crock of shit. Then you have the gal to tell me I just go by feels ahahahhaah. You're also attributing statements I never made. The media is horrible biased in favored of corporate power and access to politicians. It is no way left wing however.
    /sigh

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...an-left-179852

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.519ec3600b16

http://fortune.com/2015/11/02/liberal-media/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_..._United_States

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. I know and am friends with many Trump supporters and hard-right republicans in liberal California. They're not hated or shunned. Most people are decent enough to respect other people's beliefs, and in turn appreciate the chance to engage in intellectual discussion and have their long-standing views questioned. I have changed stances a few times based on these friends.
    This is true even in the gay community. There are plenty of right-wingers, and we all get along just fine. Log Cabin Republicans have been around forever.
    The "this story doesn't pass the smell test" moment comes right about here...
    Still, I returned to the bar a few nights later — I don’t give up easily — and hit it off with a stranger. As so many conversations do these days, ours turned to politics. I told him that I’m against Trump’s wall but in favor of strengthening our borders. He called me a Nazi and walked away.
    Don't you hate it when you start bar conversations with strangers and it inevitably drifts to border control?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    This is true even in the gay community. There are plenty of right-wingers, and we all get along just fine. Log Cabin Republicans have been around forever.
    The "this story doesn't pass the smell test" moment comes right about here...

Don't you hate it when you start bar conversations with strangers and it inevitably drifts to border control?
    Gotta stick with the rules. Things to never talk about at the bar:
    1. Money
    2. Politics
    3. Religion
    and depending on what kind of bar it is... 4. Sex

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    She is not insane, just like Milo is not insane.
    Milo is a modern Ernst Röhm.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    She is not insane, just like Milo is not insane. Both are smart in that they know what to say and do to make money. Ignoring them is the best thing the left can do. By giving them the attention we do, it just brings up their star among people that listen to them, and take them seriously.
    Insanity is my way of reconciling humanity's fundamental goodness with the existence of douchecanoes. Shush.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I agree. Ann Coulter is being treated unfairly because she's an insane woman.
    The only way Ann Coulter could be treated unfairly is if we hit other people in the head with sledgehammers before we hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It makes perfect sense.
    Your own reasoning is what didn't make sense.

If these forums were so close-minded that they refused to hear opposing arguments you wouldn't be able to complain...period.

But no. Here you are...complaining.
    OK, now I am starting to wonder if you are dense or stupid. Just because the forum "users" are one way doesn't mean the forum "mods" can ban someone. The "users" of this forum are what I was referring to. Didn't realize I had to break it down for you but there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It is regressive to want both parents to weigh in on a childs life? I don't follow your dogma so I am honestly curious.
    Ahhhhhhhh shut up you fucking prick.

You have no say on what a woman decide to do with her body.

Else you are the same shit as ISIS.

PS: Go ahead MOD ban this. And I still won't give a damn about it.

All the left has to do is stop pandering to the small loud fringe groups and stop being regressive hypocrites. If they could do this they would control everything but they just can't help themselves.

The right is becoming more moderate because of this alienating that the left is engaged in of large parts of the population even if the wackos of the right still have way to much of a voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    All the left has to do is stop pandering to nutter small loud fringe groups and stop being regressive hypocrites. If they could do this they would control everything but they just can't help themselves.
    Considering 'the left' has never done this, while the right actively solicits its crazies...You first.

The right is becoming more moderate because of this alienating that the left is engaged in of large parts of the population even if the wackos of the right still have way to much of a voice.
    The right isn't 'becoming more moderate'. People want actual change and the Democrats aren't providing, ergo they were repudiated. The Republicans are running the same shit show that Reagan inaugurated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Because that sounds like something coming from me.

You're utterly crap at this kind of thing Penguin. Don't even try.
    It's too bad you deleted the post.

But then again I'd lose out on the good humor that is Skroe if you were banned.