Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Being a Heroic AotC guild, we can't compete with Mythic guilds who start a new raid with Mythic-quality gear from the previous tier, but I know deep down we could compete if we were all on the same level.

This is faulty thinking because you already ARE at the same level. You are given the same opportunity to acquire the exact same gear that those Mythic Raiders take in to the next raid. So if your gear (now) is causing you to be behind, then you would also be behind even if they cut out a couple of modes of raiding... because those guilds are simply better (or maybe more committed) than yours and they will simply progress faster.

In simple terms, if you are ranked 20th now, you would still be ranked around 20th then. Very little would change.

To answer your title question though, in the eight years that I played WoW, I don't think I ever once paid any attention to server rankings. I saw a few people mention things a few times and thought "cool", but I really never cared one way or another. I kind of suspect that most people didn't care really, because Raid participation was pretty low in general, and even for those that did only a handful of guilds per server were in anything resembling a race.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-02-14 at 07:27 PM.

During The Siege of Orgrimmar.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I never cared for that that kind of shit, found it to be pointless. It was just a way for people to show off how cool they were and I really don't care for that. I just liked playing the game and having fun with it. Almost every aspect of the game is competitive enough with all the DPS meters and ilvl bullshit so I didn't need to bother myself with worrying about ranking.

To be honest I just find the competitiveness in WoW really annoying and to be a waste of time and effort.
    Only bads would say that. Have you tried to Git Gud?

Easy.... the last time they gave out server first titles.

<--- Death's Demise

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Burning Crusade

10+ Year Old Account
    I cared about guild progress, but not on server/world rank.
    I was always about downing bosses with friends, not zerging stuff ASAP.

Whenever being a part of recruitment since it has a much larger affect on assisting with recruiting the caliber players you're after.

when my guild was doing relam firsts i cared about it, then we moved to kazzak eu and was not even top 40

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    yesterday
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Not ever.

/10char

cataclysm

10chars

Stopped caring when they split raids into 10- and 25-man versions - watched 3 guilds in a row collapse as the officers and the hangers-on pillaged the banks and formed their own raid teams.

(Once played on a server so bad, their first LC25 kill was 20 days after the launch of Cataclysm.)

Everquest, when Scars of Velious came out.

Never. Apparently was in server 3rd guild for awhile, never cared. In BC I was told once I was the 3rd best dressed shadow priest on the server (which was why I was nearly always top damage and DPS, crafteds and PVP gear was the tits). I still sometimes check for class PVP kills or pet score, but I PVP on so many different toons that pushing vol on 1 toon doesn't always happen as speedily as I might want.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I did check Wowprogress when I was looking for a new guild somewhat recently but that's about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now.

Our guild is currently fighting with another guild for server 2nd (they have the edge currently). Server first ranked is a guild of top end raiders that collectively transferred over to our realm because reasons. (shrugs)

The one and only time was back in WotLK. During ICC I was in a strict 10 man guild. We were pushing a 25 man guild for the first heroic Arthas kill on the server. They raided Tuesday nights we raided Wednesday nights. They decided to drop to 10m heroic and kill Arthas the night before we were going to. Went to the forums and proclaimed themselves champs. To their surprise, the server folk saw through what they did and openly mocked them and considered our guild the true 10m winner. To add salt to their wounds. Two other guilds beat them to downing 25m heroic Arthas.

After that, I basically gave no more fucks.

Never did.

Fun was more important to me.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".