Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So isn't this setting a precedent that a plea of 'my god told me to do it' will get you an insanity plea, a pass on being guilty, and then a release back into society?

Sounds to me like this can be the claim of every Islamic Terrorist? 'My God told me to kill them'! I am insane, please give me help, i am not guilty, its not my fault...

Liberals at their finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over under 1.5 years he kills another person. Taking bets now!

He is either severely mentally ill, or a criminal ... he should either be treated or punished, either way he shouldn't be out and about.

Makes no sense.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Clearly that was a mistake...
    And what reason do you have to make this claim, Dr. Halyon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    He is either severely mentally ill, or a criminal ... he should either be treated or punished, either way he shouldn't be out and about.

Makes no sense.
    He has been under treatment for nearly a decade. The attack happened in 2008.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I bet a 1 month suspension on under 1.5 years he kills another person.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    So isn't this setting a precedent that a plea of 'my god told me to do it' will get you an insanity plea, a pass on being guilty, and then a release back into society?

Sounds to me like this can be the claim of every Islamic Terrorist? 'My God told me to kill them'! I am insane, please give me help, i am not guilty, its not my fault...

there is a significant difference between "god told me to do it in this book i read" and "the voice of god in my head told me to and i have a well known medical condition that can be diagnosed with an MRI"

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    You realize he was already walking about for 3 years lol? He only had to go back every couple of days by the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    And yet, actual psychiatrists that have actually been monitoring him over the past decade feel that he is entirely capable of living in normal society now.
    Then he can answer the murder charges normally, like any other murderer. Or that should just be forgotten, for reasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Well he did get help, he was given help for a decade? The op is poorly explained. The events happened in 2008. 9 years later he is finally completely released from his doctor supervision.
    His condition is not something that magically goes away. Even the director of the Manitoba Schizophrenic Society acknowledges that he is not a danger as long as he takes his medication which implies that if he doesn't take his meds which is a possibility, even the psychiatric community believes he would potentially be a danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You don't kill people for having their brains fucked up.
    Kill him? What? People are just asking for him to be monitored. He's clearly capable of some horrible shit without others keeping him in check. If he has another incident, he WILL be put in jail or a mental asylum for life. For his own good, he should be monitored.

And idk about you guys but if I thought I heard the voice of God telling me to kill someone, especially a random person who was just being nice to me, I'd tell God to go ahead and smite me. You think he'd at least question it, not just go straight to beheading.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-02-15 at 12:10 AM.

There is no precedent about this. You cant fool a psychiatrist into being a schizophrenic lol. Telling them you "hear god" is not how they diagnose you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You realize he was already walking about for 3 years lol? He only had to go back every couple of days by the end of it.
    Except he was required to return where *gasp* they forced him to take his meds as a daily ritual. There's nothing forcing him to take them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Then he can answer the murder charges normally, like any other murderer. Or that should just be forgotten, for reasons?
    He already did... That's why he was committed in the the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    He has been under treatment for nearly a decade. The attack happened in 2008.
    Glad to know murder is only a 10 year sentence if you happen to be messed in the head. I guess that's why the joker always gets out.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You cannot be persecuted for a crime twice? His medication and his decade under psychiatric supervision is the result of the first trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    That's good. Punishing people will only marginalize them further into extremism.
    Can't wait for our society to collapse with thoughts like that. Pure Liberalism right there. So if you smiled at me and said "How are you doing?" I'm just going to scream DIE!, stab you, and cut your head off. I'm schizophrenic and I was having an episode, so I hope you don't mind being dead. This man should at the very least be locked way inside of a mental ward, or put down, he took an innocent person's life, he doesn't deserve his.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    He already did... That's why he was committed in the the first place.
    Pretty short life in prison I'd say. Lacking only the rest of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    My God in my head told me to shit post on MMO Champ.

Am I forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Kill him? What? People are just asking for him to be monitored. He's clearly capable of some horrible shit without others keeping him in check. If he has another incident, he WILL be put in jail or a mental asylum for life. For his own good, he should be monitored.
    This. I at the very least think he should have his levels monitored on the drug he takes at a minimum if it's something you can test by blood. I know plenty of people I've drawn that were there for monitoring anti psychotic drug levels.

First, Most Islamic Terrorists never stand trial and those that do don't claim insanity. They are proud of what they have done.

Second, to be found not guilty due to insanity you have to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

Third, If you are found not guilty due to insanity you are then placed in a mental hospital for an undefined period of time. You are only released when it is deemed that you are no longer a threat to society.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.