Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Good points, but is 3 months enough time for nighthold progression? Remember nighthold was just opened up on January 17th.
    Who said that the Tomb of Sargeras would open in 7.2? I think it's safe to assume that the patch will come out sometime in the Spring and the raid in the early-mid Summer in 7.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

remember that the raid is probably not going to be synced with the release of the patch, but afterwards. So, it may come out sooner than 3 months. I hope so, for the open world content. They will probably have it setup so that the raid doesn't come out until we get a foothold on the broken shore.

Deleted
    Lol no. 7.2 will be coming out not so far from now. Late March / Early April. Followed by a 9 week introduction quest line to open up ToS.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say last week of March. April and May, we play around with the world content while we build up to the raid. In mid-June we get ToS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it make sense to you that patch 7.2 releases on May 30th?

I think it makes sense because that will have given 4 and a half months of nighthold raiding, and it would be a good time to have the new dungeon release.

They probably won't release tomb of Sargeras until mid June, which would be perfect IMO

What do you think? Predict the date?
    Expect 2-3 months of testing before release. At 3 months that puts 7.2 at sometime in April with late April being the longest ptr ever if i remember right.
    Soon after 7.2, 7.2.5 will go up on the ptr for 1-2 months and test some minor additions, plus extensive Tomb testing. Tomb comes out around the time of 7.2.5 which if I had to guess would be Mid June. So I think you got the raid release right, but the patch will be 1-2 months sooner than you think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Who said that the Tomb of Sargeras would open in 7.2? I think it's safe to assume that the patch will come out sometime in the Spring and the raid in the early-mid Summer in 7.2.5.
    Exactly. Blizzard explicitly stated at blizzcon that ToS will not open with 7.2 patch release, and they recently said there will be a similar quest line like insurrection to open up the raid, with a similar duration. So expect the raid to open up around 9 weeks after 7.2 release. They also said regarding raid testing, that it's very likely testing will occur on PTR even when the patch has already hit live servers. So that pretty much slates the release of the patch in weeks, and not months. 6-8 weeks from this reset onwards is my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.3 releasing late Sept-late October. 7.3 raid(s) releasing November/early December.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    25 years of "when it is done TM" and "soon TM" and there is a speculation thread all the times every time.

- - - Updated - - -

"OMFG content drought, this is unacceptable" threads releasing around June 2018.
    Well hoping they have a 7.3.5 and a 7.4 filler patch before the November 2018 expansion launch. 7.3.5 out first of year, and 7.4 just being improvements/filler raid etc to tide us over coming in Spring.

my bet is april 25th.

here is why:

- end of march is in 6 weeks. if patch came in march, and they froze it (mark as live) usually 1-2 weeks before, 7.2 must be finished in 4 weeks. we are now not at the point on ptr, where this could happen.

- second reason why march is too early: nighthold needs at least 8 weeks before 7.2 goes live. even when raid (ToS) comes later.

- conclusion: march is out.

- next step: april 14th easter is starting. holiday time. blizz has never and will never release patches (foremost big patches) short before holidays. and april 4th is too early. 11th is the week shortly before easter. that will definetely not happen.

- so, the week after easter? 18th? no. extremely rare. they usually dont do this. half the ppl are not rdy or still in holidays. they always used the week after such "long weekends". easter monday, tuesday release? never. so 18th is out.

- next is 25th (this will be the 7.2 release date).

- next would be may 2nd. first day after may 1st (holiday in a lot of europe countries) ? same as easter above: never. they just will not do this.

- so the ONLY working tuesday between now and then, besides 25th april, is may 9th. everything after this date is too late. so 9th is also possible if something goes wrong and patch came a little bit later.

- later than that patch will not release, because with ToS opening maybe ~2 weeks later, it would be early june when the raid race starts. mid july summer holidays slowly starting. blizz is clever enough to bring a new raid not that late, so second half of the "new raid phase" (after first 4 weeks) falling into summer-holiday-sunshine-outdoor season. also its too long for just 7.1.5 and NH. at least under the new Legion paradigma. Nonraiders would have way too long way too less content. and NH getting stale too. so, everything after mid may seems just too late, for a lot of reasons.

conclusion:

best bet is april 25th release 7.2, raid opens 2 weeks later on may 9th.
    second best bet is 9th may release 7.2, raid opens 2 weeks later on may 23th.

thanks for watching and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-02-16 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    With how geared the top guilds are, and how much trouble they're having, it's gonna be hard to get other guilds progressing without some nerfs.
    It's almost as if this raid has more fights that require more effort to kill than EN did and as a result, is taking longer to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    What a clickbait title. You have no evidence it is gonna release on that day.
    "Predict the date".

"I think"

Plus the thread title has a question mark in it.

Yea he/she totally has evidence.

You may want to put aside your raging Jaylock dislike and actually read before posting. If not interested in reading the op, then don't post.
    Makes you look a little silly.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

it will come out in April, this stuff about the raid coming out soon after seem to forget blizzard want us to play the new zones and out door content. Its like people enjoy us doing the same WQ a million times over.

Mid-April, early May at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    best bet is april 25th release 7.2, raid opens 2 weeks later on may 9th.
    second best bet is 9th may release 7.2, raid opens 2 weeks later on may 23th.
    Raid and patch seem too close. The quest build up for the Tomb will likely be at least 4 weeks maybe 8 something to push for along with the base building and outdoor content to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Targeted legendaries seem like a terrible idea, I'd honestly rather see legendaries that do different things and change how you can play a class/spec or better turn your knobs for a certain fight or strategy. I was really hoping when they announced them we'd see more things that let us change the playstyle or really tinker with how we want to play, since those effects wouldn't work in pvp those pieces would just be big ilvl pieces.

Ex,

Ele Shaman
    Chestguard of Bursting Lava- Causes lavaburst to hit for 75% damage but allows it to hit up to 5 nearby targets.
    Handguards of Focused Lightning- Removes access to Chain Lightning but causes Lightning Bolt to hit for 150% damage.
    But then you would need a singletarget chest or an aoe glove to replace the legendaries, because they could be a dps loss for certain fights(chest for st, glove for aoe in your example) which would cause plenty of problems.
    At least now, a "bad legendary" wouldn't be a dps loss compared to an epic(with the exception of legendaries with terrible secondaries for your spec), even if the legendary effect does nothing for the fight. For example prot paladin legs making avenger shield hit up to 5 targets(3 without legs) on a singletarget or low cleave(2-3 targets) fight makes it worse than other legendaries, but not a dps loss compared to an epic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Raid and patch seem too close. The quest build up for the Tomb will likely be at least 4 weeks maybe 8 something to push for along with the base building and outdoor content to go with it.
    I was too tired of quests to do the new questline in Suramar, did we have enough time to finish that before Nighthold opened?

If we did, I would expect the new broken shore questline to be the same, and I believe they said it would be similar length
    Last edited by zoomgpally; 2017-02-16 at 05:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Late march early april looking at the state of the 7.2 ptr right now
    Also what I was thinking. They can release the content and still have the tomb sealed and tested for some time until it unlocks.
    We have to do a lot of stuff to unlock it anyway- building stuff and those kinds of things.
    Imo it would be stupid to wait with the release of 7.2 just because of raid testing. However at the same time we don't want to sit around with all the new buildings and stuff for ages just because the raid isn't ready.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the team that makes raids isn't the same people that creates outdoor content right ?

It would be great if it comes earlier. My first thoughts was beginning or mid May
    WoW jaylock not trolling? I'll bite for once. I think it possible that it'll come out as soon as the first week of April, especially with how they've already started raid and dungeon testing.

June 20th is when the raid will come out, when will the rest come out, who know. Stormblood comes out this day and Blizzard HAS to, and that a big HAS to, give us something on that day too. Plus they have done this in the past, release content on the same day other companies release stuff too.

P.S. Hellfire came out on the same day Heavensward came out.

I would like in the late of april to be released, so more guilds can kill guldan at least in heroic or some more casual can kill him in mythic

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    But then you would need a singletarget chest or an aoe glove to replace the legendaries, because they could be a dps loss for certain fights(chest for st, glove for aoe in your example) which would cause plenty of problems.
    At least now, a "bad legendary" wouldn't be a dps loss compared to an epic(with the exception of legendaries with terrible secondaries for your spec), even if the legendary effect does nothing for the fight. For example prot paladin legs making avenger shield hit up to 5 targets(3 without legs) on a singletarget or low cleave(2-3 targets) fight makes it worse than other legendaries, but not a dps loss compared to an epic

- - - Updated - - -

I was too tired of quests to do the new questline in Suramar, did we have enough time to finish that before Nighthold opened?

If we did, I would expect the new broken shore questline to be the same, and I believe they said it would be similar length
    If I remember rightly there were 8 weekly stages of quests and also a month before Nighthold opened up. I don't think final quest to raid opening to be as large since the gap prior had the holidays within it.

So it might be 8 weeks quest, maybe 7.25 and then raid.

TD : DR yes plenty of time