Optimal cooldown usage in NH + throw glaive macro help

Hey guys,

As the title says I was wondering if you more experienced DH's in Nighthold can give me some insight in to the optimal times to use your cooldowns as havoc DH, casual guild 10/10 hc, 2/10M.

Some gear insight - I don't have 4 set, have meta shoulders & convergence with 1 x meta reduction relic but no AoTHG.

As to the second part of my question, is there some macro that I can add to my 3 basic abilities that uses throw glaive on my current target when I don't have enough fury to use fel blade, blade dance or chaos blades and then equivalent in meta form.

Regards
    Last edited by Inelaeveth; 2017-02-16 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YamaFang View Post
    Hey guys,

As the title says I was wondering if you more experienced DH's in Nighthold can give me some insight in to the optimal times to use your cooldowns as havoc DH, casual guild 10/10 hc, 2/10M.

Some gear insight - I don't have 4 set, have meta shoulders & convergence with 1 x meta reduction relic but no AoTHG.

As to the second part of my question, is there some macro that I can add to my 3 basic abilities that uses throw glaive on my current target when I don't have enough fury to use fel blade, blade dance or chaos blades and then equivalent in meta form.

Regards
    You can't use a "pick an ability for me" macro. It's not really that hard to use Throw Glaive when you can't use anything else; if Blade Dance is down (or you can't use it) and mashing your Chaos Strike ability isn't doing anything, hit Throw Glaive. If that's also down, hit Fel Rush.

I run a setup like you but I also have the ring. Open with everything. Use all three cooldowns together the next time they're up. If meta has 10 seconds left when the other two come up, wait for meta. If meta is up 5-10 seconds before the other two, wait for them. If it's more than a 15 second difference (with meta being what you're waiting on), work towards another cooldown reduction relic or pray for the ring.

Repeat for the rest of the fight.

Edit: I suppose you could make a /castsequence macro but I really don't feel like you should need it, and I also feel like it would lead to you missing GCDs here or there. Honestly, "when to Throw Glaive" is probably one of the simplest things out of any spec in this game; there's not much to do as a Havoc DH anyways, just bind Throw Glaive to a key that's easy to hit and use it as filler manually like the rest of us.

Also, 4-piece will actually help reduce your Meta CD a bit more. More crit on Chaos Strike means more Fury refunded, which means more Fury spent, which means more time off Meta's CD. If your Meta is still a bit over 2 minutes, that 4 piece should help you knock off a few more seconds. I also have a thread on this board with a WeakAura that tracks how many seconds you've reduced your Meta by, using that might help you determine how optimized your setup is with/without 4p/ring.
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-02-16 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yeah will just take some getting use to the throw glaive as a filler, as in i know its not that hard but I stopped playing the DH when momentum was a thing so i was use to mashing throw glaive a lot, therefore when i came back to the DH i moved it far away on my bars to stop me using it unnecessarily and now it seems i'm not utilising it enough.

Yeah, you're never going to use it outside of filler so don't worry if you feel like you're not hitting it enough. You're only not using it enough if you're unable to do anything else and then still aren't using it.