Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Next step = beat up sexists and bigots. And as we know everyone is some kind of a bigot these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Isn't the official means of retiring a US flag, burning?
    Yes, but there's tons of ceremony. Not just tossing it on an open flame or hitting it with gas and a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, being a Nazi is not an immediate threat. Not only that, calling Spencer a Nazi is a bit of hyperbole. Yeah, he's a terrible fucking human being, but that doesn't mean people need to go around punching him. It also doesn't mean we should feel much sadness when he does get punched in the face.

Many people think that someone who burns a flag should be assaulted, I do not. Let the flag burner and the Nazi have their freedom of speech, and point out to the world what kind of people they are. The first person to use violence or threats of violence is the one who could not win with his brain.
    That would be the Nazi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Thoughts on this?
    I mean, obviously, it is a good thing to attack nazis on all fronts - but it should be on legal grounds.
    Spencer has freedom of speech on his side. So he is allowed to preach what ever nonsense he chooses. However people do not have the freedom to punch someone who is not posing any immediate physical threat to anyone.

That said, i'm glad he was punched in the face, he is scum bag. But along with that, if you feel strongly enough to punch someone in the face, knowingly breaking the law, you should also be brave enough to face the consequences, such as being brought to court and to defend yourself against the charges.

If you feel that punching a non-threatening person in the face is what must be done, then you better be willing to do the time. And you should be proud to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Unless you're actively engaged in genocide, you're not a Nazi, because that's what separates Nazis from other regimes. If it's okay to punch Richard Spencer for having nationalist views, then it's okay to punch anyone in any cpuntry who also have nationalist views. That's a lot of people to punch. Instead, in this age of hysterical labelimg, maybe we shouldn't punch anyone that doesn't punch first.
    Or be truly brave, and be ready to face the consequences of your actions.

Like a man who kills another man for sexually assaulting his daughter. You hear this often enough. "If anyone touches my daughter, I will happily spend the rest of my life in jail for killing a man."

You want to be a hero, then be prepared to do time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Why is it okay to punch anyone who isn't an immediate threat?
    In the eyes of the law, it isn't okay. In the eyes of the masses, you might be a hero.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Next step = beat up sexists and bigots. And as we know everyone is some kind of a bigot these days.
    I like the idea of beat up the liar.

CNN and NY Times journalists would be a good start
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

So pathetic that are people that are indeed okay with violence against people of different ideologies. So pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk
    How the hell is it a hyperbole to call him a Nazi?

And the last person to use violence is the one that dies in a concentration camp.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk
    How the hell is it a hyperbole to call him a Nazi?

And the last person to use violence is the one that dies in a concentration camp.

Then you are choosing to become the oppressor.

7+ Year Old Account
    how did libertarians get pulled into this? Or is this more of the 'if you arent with us' bs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Thoughts on this?
    I mean, obviously, it is a good thing to attack nazis on all fronts - but it should be on legal grounds.
    It's ok to punch a nazi and go to jail for that, if the person who does punching values punching nazis above his own liberty - it's fine. I don't see an issue here. It is no different from punching anyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So pathetic that are people that are indeed okay with violence against people of different ideologies. So pathetic.
    Considering that's basically what the government is, the use of force, most people are like that. Most of the people who are up in arms about this, don't give a damn if a cop uses excessive force on a suspect or criminal.

What more can be said:

1.) Do I lose any sleep at night if a neo-nazi is beat up? No.

2.) Do I understand the more complex nature of when violence is used against people spouting of retarded words? Yes.

People can beat their drums all day long "it was just a nazi", but this just means they are ignorant of where this road leads if it does in fact become main stream. The problem is this, it won't stop with nazis, it will creep and bleed into other things.

My personal opinion? These are isolated to jobless uneducated children who have nothing better to do then put on a black mask and go LARP revolutionary soliders. I don't suspect it will go mainstream.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-02-16 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    how did libertarians get pulled into this? Or is this more of the 'if you arent with us' bs?
    Seems to be mostly the "If you aren't with us" mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Spencer has freedom of speech on his side. So he is allowed to preach what ever nonsense he chooses. However people do not have the freedom to punch someone who is not posing any immediate physical threat to anyone.

That said, i'm glad he was punched in the face, he is scum bag. But along with that, if you feel strongly enough to punch someone in the face, knowingly breaking the law, you should also be brave enough to face the consequences, such as being brought to court and to defend yourself against the charges.

If you feel that punching a non-threatening person in the face is what must be done, then you better be willing to do the time. And you should be proud to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Or be truly brave, and be ready to face the consequences of your actions.

Like a man who kills another man for sexually assaulting his daughter. You hear this often enough. "If anyone touches my daughter, I will happily spend the rest of my life in jail for killing a man."

You want to be a hero, then be prepared to do time.

- - - Updated - - -

In the eyes of the law, it isn't okay. In the eyes of the masses, you might be a hero.
    You really think people who think they are doing a service by punching "Nazis" in the face expect to be punished? They expect to be glorified. I mean, you give it a thumbs up. Must be fine to do if people are saying they are glad it is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Considering that's basically what the government is, the use of force, most people are like that. Most of the people who are up in arms about this, don't give a damn if a cop uses excessive force on a suspect or criminal.
    That's quite the claim. Got something to back it up?
    I got a feeling that someone who isn't okay with random punches being thrown around, also aren't that okay with excessive force by the police. Unless they are deliberately hypocrite and, while I'm sure there are a few, I wouldn't label them the rule. But you probably have more data on the matter than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That's quite the claim. Got something to back it up?
    I got a feeling that someone who isn't okay with random punches being thrown around, also aren't that okay with excessive force by the police. Unless they are deliberately hypocrite and, while I'm sure there are a few, I wouldn't label them the rule. But you probably have more data on the matter than I do.
    We have the cop threads on this site, where plenty of the conservative posters are cheering on cops when they abuse their authority. I also have a metric shit ton of my pro-police friends who do the same. As for actual surveys, I highly doubt one has been done to connect the two.

Personally, I think people who resort to violence are basically useless. It means they have nothing left to go for. It's not really any different than when they resort to authoritarianism as a whole. The latter just happens to be the desire to use someone else for the violence part of it.

I don't understand...

One person who isn't even noteworthy makes a stupid tweet, so someone writes a pointless whine about it, but now Breitbart and a lot of others are treating it as if the left all got together and agreed that this random would be their voice for this topic on twitter?

Ok?...

Quote Originally Posted by Daddotron View Post
    It is vital to the US the free flow of ideas is not impeded by violence or ignorance. Discord and discussion are what is needed now, tempered with an inward looking eye.
    When is violence necessary in a system such as ours. ... When is revolt needed. When is it required for a people to fight a negative majority. Nazi's oppressed people, murdered people, but they were the majority in their country. But the world fought them back and stopped them. As a people how do we avoid making our country the next Nazi Germany? ... How do we as a people, maybe even the minority of this country, fight to change the flow of the country when its clear we are heading towards a bad end.

If 8 of ten students want to murder a child for the fun of it. Is it the responsibility of the other 2 to stop them? ... If our society wants to do evil... should the brave few who reject this fight them? ...

Our Revolutionary war... could be seen as just this. We felt England was the evil oppressor, and a very small group, much smaller than the majority, fought to free America from that hold. You want to say the free flow of ideas, is immutable, and perfect system... but people are spreading dangerous ideals among the stupid masses to lead them all to slaughter. I truly believe its the responsibility of those of us who know better to fight it back. The problem in your statement above is... the majority has no inward looking eye. They are hollow, and unable to understand what is happening. They are being told what to think, and they cannot think for themselves. They parrot what they hear on FOX. They question nothing but what they are told to question.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Imo it should be ok to punch each other , you know for equality purposes . #allpunchesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't understand...

One person who isn't even noteworthy makes a stupid tweet, so someone writes a pointless whine about it, but now Breitbart and a lot of others are treating it as if the left all got together and agreed that this random would be their voice for this topic on twitter?

Ok?...
    Welcome to politics. I see you feel asleep when we, me included, mocked Republicans for the existence of the tea party.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Welcome to politics. I see you feel asleep when we, me included, mocked Republicans for the existence of the tea party.
    The Tea Party was a pretty large (for a "grassroots") group and they ended up with some pretty decent political sway.

This is literally a random on twitter that I've never heard of in my life, and based off the likes/retweets in the screenshot doesn't have much of a social following.

The writer makes no direct ties between Spencer being punched in the face, the antifa/anarchists causing problems at Berkeley, or whatever happened in New York, but tries to present them as all closely related because of the "black bloc" (without every showing any evidence to support this) and then...directly related to this random. What on earth does that have to do with the Tea Party in the slightest?