Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Won't work, my belt and shoulders are locked with Legendaries. Unless a different set of legendaries become BiS, there's not enough tier slots to go the 2p+4p route.

Does it matter? World Boss trinkets are still BiS for some classes and they are 3 raids behind. Who cares?
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    nothing will stop you and why should? You have been able to run 2+2 or 2+4 since vanilla. I used to have 2 x t5 and 4 x t6 on my priest.
    yeah but there wasnt TF back then which kinda disincentivized it

now you can have old sets on the same ilvl as the current ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries will, for some specs. Which is going to be irritating, cause other specs will have to choose between running 2+4 and using a legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yeah but there wasnt TF back then which kinda disincentivized it

now you can have old sets on the same ilvl as the current ones
    It's unlikely that they will increase the titanforged cap on the current tier set once Tomb comes out. You might be able to get away with two different tiers for normal, but it will probably lose it's value fairly quickly over heroic and mythic pieces. Not to mention that that most 2pc this tier are fairly underwhelming. To keep the 2pc active with the new set's 4pc, you'll probably have to keep poorly itemized pieces that will already be a lower ilvl. In a lot of cases, it won't really be worth it.

I think in previous cases (in recent years) when players actively used 2set or 4set from previous tier it was nerfed into oblivion if it became noticeable. Only thing that survived through a whole tier was the druid trinket from ToT to SoO I think, and even that was by chance, every other thing was nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is precedence in the past. Its not really a bad thing imo, and opens up some nifty combos - I imagine that, for at least 1 spec, 2/2/2 when T21 comes out will be a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Solving a minor "problem" by adding several bigger problems, great idea...
    It's not that person you quoted's idea, Blizz started this in WoD
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It's unlikely that they will increase the titanforged cap on the current tier set once Tomb comes out. You might be able to get away with two different tiers for normal, but it will probably lose it's value fairly quickly over heroic and mythic pieces. Not to mention that that most 2pc this tier are fairly underwhelming. To keep the 2pc active with the new set's 4pc, you'll probably have to keep poorly itemized pieces that will already be a lower ilvl. In a lot of cases, it won't really be worth it.
    for assa(and probably sub too) itll definitely be worth the lower ilvl

mythic ToS items will be what 950?
    25-30 ilvl on 2 pieces is still gonna be worth it

Deleted
    Won't be possible for certain specs due to legendaries, or Holy Paladin for example due to Drape being so damn strong

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    With legacy sets. Not current expansion ones (that people will still have equipped).

Deleted
    They wont stop us, similar how they dont stop us to get that sweet 920 arcanocrystal titanforged, or that 920 bloodthirsty ursoc trinket.
    The fact that arcano is still the best trinket in the game for some classes means they dont really care if u equip items from old content.
    But getting titanforged tier 19 is going to be rare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    now that there are 6 items in a set we can use the 2pc bonus from a previous set, and it can titanforge up to current set levels.

what will stop us from doing it?
    I don't think there's any major issue with combining old set bonuses into the current ones. Blizzard will just re balance any combinations in case there's insane synergy between the new/old ones.

I'm more than happy to get some older set bonuses mixed in, it could make playing certain classes extremely fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yes, by deactivating earlier expansion tier, not previous patch, WoD tier isn't even disabled yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

For a handful of specs the stats on the gear they would end up using would negate any buff from the set bonus. I am sure many will do this though and for some it will be extremely strong.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

as fury warrior, legendary helm and cloack as bis will stop

If Blizzard wants to stop people from using 4+2 set, then they will. They could just disable the old tier bonus once the player unlocks 4 set from the new one, seems like within the realm of possibility.

If they don't, then they don't. But Blizzard typically discourages people from continuing to use old tier pieces, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did so once more.

Deleted
    Not an issue. It worked like that in vanilla/BC, except for whole titanforged thing, worked out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    Damn I didn't even think of that before this will be very strong for some specs.
    Im betting it will be very strong for no specs. Legendaries will be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Seeing as how they're going the diablo 3 route with the expansion, i see no reason for this not to work.
    You just have to get lucky.