Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    But I also agree that AP needs to be account based not character. I get they want to make characters unique and choices to be made but I, Christina, farmed all the AP I have for currently 3 toons. I'm a more competitive player (not quite cut throat hard core) and I am playing on a team that is 3/10 heroic because the main monk toon I had got 2 legendaries of opposing specs and that was it. Meanwhile in less time than the first, my 2nd monk got a BIS legendary and 2 others that were useful to wear. I had to reroll her as my main but now I'm terribly far behind and no one more competitive needs me right now. One step in the right direction is fixing the AP issue. Having to start all over again really hurt. But the legendary issue was also a problem because what IF you got the wrong specced legendary like I did and countless others did? You got screwed. I have some friends who play every single day doing everything they can and only have 2 legendaries on their mains. They're not bitter or anything. Meanwhile there are people who level to 110 and within 3 weeks had 4 legendaries. It was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's kinda hilarious, that Blizzard gets their panties into a twist about a 10% power difference.
    Meanwhile, a raider has an effective output that is DOUBLE or more compared to a non raider.

WoWs gear reward system is just broken.
    *gasp* A person who plays more of the game has more to show for it. Oh the humanity.

OT: Good read, changes are nice, not surprised to see MMOC nerds putting a negative twist onto something positive. Nothing will satisfy lol. Keep up the hard work Blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's kinda hilarious, that Blizzard gets their panties into a twist about a 10% power difference.
    Meanwhile, a raider has an effective output that is DOUBLE or more compared to a non raider.

WoWs gear reward system is just broken.
    ... Since when in this game has non-raiders been given gear as powerful as what can be obtained from raids?
    In fact, Legion is the expansion where non-raiders have a real shot at being as powerful with Mythic+. Imo it should be scaled back. Nothing good will come from people expecting that they can get as shiny epix from 5-man content as from groups requiring 20 people...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-16 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Since when in this game has non-raiders been given gear as powerful as what can be obtained from raids?
    In fact, Legion is the expansion where non-raiders have a real shot at being as powerful with Mythic+.
    I don't wanna do anything but still want what everyone else worked hard for WHAHH BLIZZ WTF =*((((
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    All those words, and yet I can't be made to care. That's how much I dislike AP.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Diminishing returns will be a lot worse than a hard cap. Guild leaders will still be able to set the requirement for some trait, it'll just be a much tougher grind, increasing the risk of players comitting Sudoku and go outside their room.

The hard cap solution is much more comfortable.
    Player will be so distressed that they will be driven to play Sudoku? THE HORROR!

(Just FYI, the word you are looking for is Seppuku. Sudoku is a puzzle game. If this is a joke I am not getting, ignore me.)

Quote Originally Posted by BoredomIncarnate View Post
    Player will be so distressed that they will be driven to play Sudoku? THE HORROR!

(Just FYI, the word you are looking for is Seppuku. Sudoku is a puzzle game. If this is a joke I am not getting, ignore me.)
    it's a long running meme http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/commit-sudoku. Because knowing is half the battle!

10+ Year Old Account
    This was brought up in beta more than flying,terrain design, and lack of content (the hottest beta forum complaints). . . . . . and it took them three patches into production release to even admit there is a problem......

"We're happy with how Artifact Power turned out".

LoL I feel bad for the suckers still paying a sub for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    This was brought up in beta more than flying,terrain design, and lack of content (the hottest beta forum complaints). . . . . . and it took them three patches into production release to even admit there is a problem......

I being one of those suckers paying a sub, am enjoying the fuck out of this game, opinions go both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    They should just make it so artifact levels unlock time based. For example, Artifact level 58 opens for everyone this week, 59 next week. BUT, you can still freely farm artifact power endlessly and get to level 60+, but the power and traits won't unlock until the week for level 60+ comes, so everyone is on a fair playing field and people dont have to burn out - which also still allows massive grinding.
    This method somewhat introduces hard caps. if people know it will cost X amount to unlock next week artifact power, they will farm, then stop.

I understand their measure. Those who are more hardcore will still have an advantage. just not such a large gap. 1.5 or 3% is still a lot with our current item level and power. Meters will show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

What about the idiots not even playing the game but still spending huge amounts of time paying attention to it?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-16 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great change! Reducing AP from repeated M+ runs is a godsend!

Both sides win on this. The casuals don't have to worry about getting left behind while the hardcores don't have to worry about running 1000 MoS on 4 alts to stay ahead of the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I being one of those suckers paying a sub, am enjoying the fuck out of this game, opinions go both ways.
    Hear hear! It's the same thing whenever WoW is going well, dweebs try to nitpick at every little chance to flack the game and those playing it.

so that changes only mean that getting people for a M+ run will be harder, specially with no high end players interested in carrying people with the new system with no AP reward for them. I just hope blizzard changes his mind on this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not to mention you cap day one and don't even log in besides raid like.... oh yea... like wod...

I pay monthly for this game, I like things to do on a daily basis.
    And others prefer grinds that end, and want to be able to do things with their playtime that don't award Artifact Power without continually falling behind everyone who's only pursuing the most utilitarian content.

Artifact Power is a godawful system. The argument that "people who invest more in the game should get more out of it" should be true to a point, but Legion lost the plot and never got it back. There was never a point in the game's history where someone could pour 30 or 40 hours a week into WoW, literally as much as a second job, and still be behind people who were willing to dump 60, 80, or more hours into it (save the very bleeding edge of world first raiding). That's what comes of having no ceiling. And this diminishing returns system won't fix that.
    Last edited by Supercool; 2017-02-16 at 08:45 PM.

Hopefully they'll also come to the conclusion eventually that the RNG slapped on top of RNG with warforging and titanforging is ridiculous...
    Why would they? It artificially increases longevity of content = more sub money = more yachts for Kotick. If only, you should realistically aim for more RNG layers, not less.

@OP: the design goal is bullshit, really. What's the reason to live in the game if you get like 1% increase over a scrub who mouseclicks and keyboard turns once per month? Bleh, typical blizzard, good design choices at start, but quickly cave in favor of casual scum in next patch or two.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-02-16 at 11:14 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Could have just put a weekly cap on it like the illidan soul fragments, and then throw in a catch up mechanic. Besides random legendaries the AP grind is the worst thing of this expac for me.

Deleted
    Blizzard please, for the love of everything holy, please make artifact knowledge account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    All those words, and yet I can't be made to care. That's how much I dislike AP.
    Woe is you. Life is so difficult. Wah my video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the idiots not even playing the game but still spending huge amounts of time paying attention to it?
    You're smoking crack if you think I would miss a single day of Gen-OT here @ MMOC, this website is the Jerry Springer Show of the internet.
    These laughable WoW threads appear on the index daily.