Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    Pretty lame they removed adventure.

Surprised they didn't move Auctioneer.

I am confused about the dust part. Do we get refund for all dupe or just as many as it fit in a deck? What happens if I have a bunch of gold and normal version?
    You get dust value automatically for the cards that are being moved from standard to wild, without having to dust said cards for any of that dust. You will get dust for duplicates if you can put duplicates of that card in a deck as well, but any more than that does not count towards additional dust. Blizzard is basically giving free dust to accommodate the change and also encourage more Wild play, instead of requiring players to dust their wild cards to get that dust.

So basically,

if you had Ragnaros, Sylvannas, and Ice Lance you would get 3240 dust when the move happens without having to dust any of those three cards (1600 + 1600 + 40).

If you have 2x Ragnaros, 2x Sylvannas, & 2x Ice Lance you would get 3280 dust with the move (1600 + 1600 + 80. The extra legendaries wouldn't count towards more dust since they go beyond the number of those cards you can include in a single deck, but the second Ice Lance can be included in the same deck so you get additional dust for that copy.

If you had 2x Ragnaros (one normal, one golden), 2x Sylvannas, & 2x Ice Lance (one normal, one golden) you would get 5240 dust (3200 + 1600 + 400 + 40). For the golden Rag you would get value from the higher card (the golden one over the normal version), but you would not get additional dust from the normal rag since you can only include either the normal or the golden version of the same legendary in a deck. You'd get the dust from a single copy of Sylvannas. For Ice Lance you would get dust value from both the normal & golden version since you can include two copies of that card in a single deck (If you had two golden Ice Lances & one or more normal copies of the spell when the move happened then the dust value would count the two golden copies over the normal one in that case, while ignoring the normal copies).

Basically you want to craft golden versions of the legendaries if you have the dust, or at least the normal copies if you lack the dust. Also craft two golden copies of the common and rare cards so that when the move happens you get refunded everything you spent on those crafted copies (as much as what can be fit in a single deck) without having to disenchant anything for those cards/dust.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2017-02-17 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that they are moving some cards out but just shoving everything into wild rather than actually fixing things seems like lazy. They aren't going to fix the fact that every deck in wild has Dr 7 and shredders just leaving it all out there. Also about 2 thirds of ppl play standard so more play wild than you think.

Deleted
    Auctioneer is the cancer of the game, remove that and let Sylvannas live

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    You get dust value automatically for the cards that are being moved from standard to wild, without having to dust said cards for any of that dust. You will get dust for duplicates if you can put duplicates of that card in a deck as well, but any more than that does not count towards additional dust. Blizzard is basically giving free dust to accommodate the change and also encourage more Wild play, instead of requiring players to dust their wild cards to get that dust.

So basically,

if you had Ragnaros, Sylvannas, and Ice Lance you would get 3240 dust when the move happens without having to dust any of those three cards (1600 + 1600 + 40).

If you have 2x Ragnaros, 2x Sylvannas, & 2x Ice Lance you would get 3280 dust with the move (1600 + 1600 + 80. The extra legendaries wouldn't count towards more dust since they go beyond the number of those cards you can include in a single deck, but the second Ice Lance can be included in the same deck so you get additional dust for that copy.

If you had 2x Ragnaros (one normal, one golden), 2x Sylvannas, & 2x Ice Lance (one normal, one golden) you would get 5240 dust (3200 + 1600 + 400 + 40). For the golden Rag you would get value from the higher card (the golden one over the normal version), but you would not get additional dust from the normal rag since you can only include either the normal or the golden version of the same legendary in a deck. You'd get the dust from a single copy of Sylvannas. For Ice Lance you would get dust value from both the normal & golden version since you can include two copies of that card in a single deck (If you had two golden Ice Lances & one or more normal copies of the spell when the move happened then the dust value would count the two golden copies over the normal one in that case, while ignoring the normal copies).

Basically you want to craft golden versions of the legendaries if you have the dust, or at least the normal copies if you lack the dust. Also craft two golden copies of the common and rare cards so that when the move happens you get refunded everything you spent on those crafted copies (as much as what can be fit in a single deck) without having to disenchant anything for those cards/dust.

Hope that helps.

So essentially I can upgrade my legends to gold version for 1600 less dust if I have the dust. You don't seem gain any dust from crafting gold and then disenchant if you have the normal version. Guess I am fine with the normal version.

Already have 2 gold version of each common.

Wow, they just murdered Freeze Mage with this change. Not that I'm complaining. Just about every Mage I ran across would pop out Alex and then unleash the combo the next turn. Pretty annoying after the 100000000000000000000th time you ran across it.

Anyway, sad to see Sylvannas go, but she was appearing in a lot of decks. I loved using her in my N'Zoth deck, so hopefully Blizzard provides a solid Deathrattle replacement in the next expansion. Not surprised to see Rag or the Azure Drake getting rotated into Wild. I see them in almost every deck I play against, and I use them constantly. Azure's value is just too good to pass up. Again, I hope they give us a good replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Wow, they just murdered Freeze Mage with this change. Not that I'm complaining. Just about every Mage I ran across would pop out Alex and then unleash the combo the next turn. Pretty annoying after the 100000000000000000000th time you ran across it.
    I doubt they murdered Freeze Mage. The Mage class always gets some obscenely good low cost spells with each expansion.

Hands up everyone who thinks Ragnaros is a problem in the game at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    My own guess with Ragnaros is that he seems to be a card that new players find really daunting and don't really have the experience to deal with him. So maybe it's a move to make the game more new player friendly.

Also Sylvanus is a good Rag counter so maybe talking her out meant taking rag out too. Although personally I don't have a problem with either.
    Last edited by caractacus; 2017-02-17 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is to make room for future design space and none of us has a say in that.

Damn, I enjoyed Adventures. The PVE wings were a nice change of pace from the ladder/Arena grinds and playing them on Heroic was a nice challenge having to come up with unique decks utilizing cards you'd normally never use. But if it means more big card expansions more often, I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20475356

They want to promote Wild more now that it has a shit ton of sets in it.

New Rogue hero that you get for winning 10 games in Standard after the Spring 2017 set comes out.

Nobody is going to play Wild.

I dont understand your conclusion. When i add the 2 points from above together, my conclusion is that standard sucks thats why they will promote wild more and force ppl with rewards into standard.

I stopped play standard like 2 weeks after it was introduced and i as about to quit. Luckily i clicked on that wild tab and im still here.

*raises hand*

There are two SSS+ tier cards in this game. One is Ragnaros, and one is Tirion. SSS+ means if this guy gets on the board, he's a real problem unless you neutralize him correctly. Tirion is a little easier to spot because you can tell if you're playing Paladin. Ragnaros though will just land on the board, fuck up your board at no cost to it's own health.

The SSS tier cards are cards that will wreck shit if you leave them on the board for more than like two turns. (Ysera, Emperor Thaurisan, Ragnaros Lightlord.)

(SSS and above tier card means it's powerful if it gets on the board, regardless of whether its battlecry or deathrattle even triggered. And it's an individual drop with no setup required.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Yeah but in that vein, CB does exactly all that minus Shadowflame, AND it doesn't auto-kill your minion

It's wierd that CB isn't touched. I guess they felt that Conceal was a better target to urge people away from Miracle
    CB/Blessing of Might are not touched because the classes with them don't have the warlock hero power...

Deleted
    2 weeks between LFR wings in WoW and now no new adventures for Hearthstone. Im so glad i have zero Blizzard games on my ssd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good i stoped playing sometime ago this crap... Blizz succesfully killing HS and they don't even care. Next to kill? SC2?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Of course the real reason for removing adventures and replacing them with full expansions is money, it's not hard to read between the lines. Now it'll be even more pay-to-win than before!
    Yea, reducing the amount of things you sell without increasing the price of packs is such a greedy move. Oh wait...
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    I like that they are moving some cards out but just shoving everything into wild rather than actually fixing things seems like lazy. They aren't going to fix the fact that every deck in wild has Dr 7 and shredders just leaving it all out there. Also about 2 thirds of ppl play standard so more play wild than you think.
    I'd rather have cards moved to wild than essentially deleting them by massively altering the identity of cards by turning them into post Warsong Commander equivalents. The game has enough trash tier cards that see no competitive play, we don't more of the cards taking up space just to look pretty. Imo I like to have more consistency & identity with what to expect from my cards (whether they are the best cards, worst cards, or mid-tier). Moderate balance passes sure, but not keen on giving cards some inanimate form of schitzophrenia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    So essentially I can upgrade my legends to gold version for 1600 less dust if I have the dust. You don't seem gain any dust from crafting gold and then disenchant if you have the normal version. Guess I am fine with the normal version.

Already have 2 gold version of each common.
    Yes pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Damn, I enjoyed Adventures. The PVE wings were a nice change of pace from the ladder/Arena grinds and playing them on Heroic was a nice challenge having to come up with unique decks utilizing cards you'd normally never use. But if it means more big card expansions more often, I can live with it.
    I enjoyed them too & think that removing them, so it seems, is fixing something that wasn't broken & that nobody asked for. Reminds me of when Blizzard removed scenarios in WoW (because less end game content was good apparently), but they are doing the HS equivalent.

*Shrugs* I honestly don't know why Blizzard wouldn't just add in 'lore moments' to experience in future HS expansions while also keeping adventures. It must always be one or the other with Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I enjoyed them too & think that removing them, so it seems, is fixing something that wasn't broken & that nobody asked for. Reminds me of when Blizzard removed scenarios in WoW (because less end game content was good apparently), but they are doing the HS equivalent.

*Shrugs* I honestly don't know why Blizzard wouldn't just add in 'lore moments' to experience in future HS expansions while also keeping adventures. It must always be one or the other with Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    *raises hand*

There are two SSS+ tier cards in this game. One is Ragnaros, and one is Tirion. SSS+ means if this guy gets on the board, he's a real problem unless you neutralize him correctly. Tirion is a little easier to spot because you can tell if you're playing Paladin. Ragnaros though will just land on the board, fuck up your board at no cost to it's own health.

The SSS tier cards are cards that will wreck shit if you leave them on the board for more than like two turns. (Ysera, Emperor Thaurisan, Ragnaros Lightlord.)

(SSS and above tier card means it's powerful if it gets on the board, regardless of whether its battlecry or deathrattle even triggered. And it's an individual drop with no setup required.)
    I could counter argue that if you're board is full of smaller minions then Ragnaros naturally won't mess up your board. Rag was incredibly easy to play around.

[Get Rich Quick scheme]
    Wait hold up. I have:
    0 Sylvannas's
    0 Ragnaros's

And obviously none golden.

You're telling me to craft a Sylvannas and craft a Ragnaros, both gold and normal, and Blizzard will compensate me the dust later? So it's like a 100% rebate, buy them now with my dust and Blizzard'll give me the dust later?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wait hold up. I have:
    0 Sylvannas's
    0 Ragnaros's

And obviously none golden.

You're telling me to craft a Sylvannas and craft a Ragnaros, both gold and normal, and Blizzard will compensate me the dust later? So it's like a 100% rebate, buy them now with my dust and Blizzard'll give me the dust later?
    That is what the Blizzard post says. Blizzard is unlikely to make such a claim and go back on it at this point seeing as how much controversy it could potentially stir up in the community.

If Blizzard actively went out of their way to repair such things like no flying unsubbing debates in WoW, something tells me they aren't going to want to purposefully stir up shit with their HS playerbase by outright lying to them & baiting players into crafting cards that they won't be getting dust back for.

Blizzard is here to make money, not lose money by stiring up unneeded controversy.

I could counter argue that if you're board is full of smaller minions then Ragnaros naturally won't mess up your board. Rag was incredibly easy to play around.
    But then you'd be already in a losing position. We're talking about relatively comparable situations. You can't expect Rag to grace his presence on the board and force the opponent to concede. He's not turn 1 Tunnel Trogg.