Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Eggplant can be totally rubbery if not cooked properly. You'd probably manage if done the right way.
    I just don't like the taste of it, and with how many other types of vegetables there are, I don't see much reason to not just avoid it. :/

That said: This thread reminds me that it's been far too long since I last had Brussel Sprouts. They are amazing if prepared right.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I thought Stephen Hawking was a hack, but then I saw his movie, and he's pretty OK.
    I came in to mention something about tennisface and endus, but you beat me to the joke

i ate some radishes in a fancy salad in seattle, now they are regular guests of my table. apparently they are good for you too.

Broccoli is kind of good...

None, vegetables are bullshit.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my current veggie go-to's are:
    Brussel sprouts (+butter), potatoes (Mashed or baked+cheese), cabbage (salad), cauliflower (the tofu of veggies), broccoli (+cheese), asparagus, celery/carrots (Stew), green beans (+soy and oil in pan). Sweet peppers for snacks. Mushrooms go into lots of stuff. onions, shallots, garlic, and various spices go into things.

I used to cook with Daikon, Turnips and Rutabegas, they actually make lovely steaming things. I also put Kale, Spinach, Chard, or Arugula into smoothies if I can help it.

I'd like to start expanding if I can help it. I love properly cooked Eggplant, but I've tried twice now to do it when they're on sale, and failed miserably. Maybe I just need to give in and get an electric deep fryer.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Well... I had a falling out of love with sugar snap peas. Or was it snow peas? Either way I found disgusting foreign insects inside the pods of said peas in several different packages purchased over time. I decided it wasn't worth the risk, and cba to check every damned pod in the bags against a light to see if there's anything in them... Not sure why the stores feel the need to bring in peas from Guatemala when they're quite possible to grow here in Sweden... Maybe I'll start growing my own, apparently you get great harvests of them and they can be frozen.

Brussels sprouts is a vegetable I want to have more of, I'm purchasing a steamer specifically to cook them and salmon. It'll be useful for all vegetables, but brussels sprouts... mmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Celery. Great with some dip

I eat all of them but Radish. Tried several times but my mouth just spit out instantly.

What vegetable have you accepted into your life this year?
    Donald Trump

tee hee

I can't stand onions.

They're the Devil's Crop.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I like most vegetables, but beets are just one I cannot get into. They are so earthy. Even when I try putting them in juice, I have to mask the earthiness with extra pineapple lol
    Just a thought could try the pickled beets.

I like them regular and my wife likes beets pickled. The flavor does change significantly between the two varieties.

Give it a try and see if you can handle them that way.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    is pizza a vegetable

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I knew who the OP was before I opened the thread, lol.
    Before opening the thread I was tempted to answer that the vegetable I had accepted for this year was the OP...lol
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

On topic:

Last "new" vegetable that I worked in was parsnips. Love them in a stew.

I tend to go for roots and dark leafy greens. I think this year start working my way into turnip or mustard greens.

I have to get over some childhood memories though: first try of turnip greens was my grandmother's recipe which as mainly stewed tomatoes, white onions and the greens. A bit strong flavored for a 5-6 year old kid.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

I've got a pretty fixed list due to allergy issues with so many fruits and vegies.

My list is carrot, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower and podless peas and will pretty much stay that way.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Frozen vegetables are just as good if not better than fresh ones.

Most Veges are "snap" frozen. So they retain all their nutrients.

Brussels sprouts and Broad beans are snap frozen.

So you will probably have to head to the supermarket freezer to find them.

Vegetables are usually snap frozen very soon after they are picked. Special machinery is used to get the produce to -18°C in minutes, says Diversi.
    The nutrients are 'frozen in' during this process, meaning you can quite easily have more vitamins in a frozen vegetable than in its 'fresh' counterpart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So my current veggie go-to's are:
    Brussel sprouts (+butter), potatoes (Mashed or baked+cheese), cabbage (salad), cauliflower (the tofu of veggies), broccoli (+cheese), asparagus, celery/carrots (Stew), green beans (+soy and oil in pan). Sweet peppers for snacks. Mushrooms go into lots of stuff. onions, shallots, garlic, and various spices go into things.

I used to cook with Daikon, Turnips and Rutabegas, they actually make lovely steaming things. I also put Kale, Spinach, Chard, or Arugula into smoothies if I can help it.

I'd like to start expanding if I can help it. I love properly cooked Eggplant, but I've tried twice now to do it when they're on sale, and failed miserably. Maybe I just need to give in and get an electric deep fryer.
    Eggplant is ridiculously easy to cook. Cut in half, baste with olive oil, insert a garlic clove or two, throw on grill.

In one office I worked in. We had an Armenian guy constantly argue with a Greek guy, on which civilization invented the eggplant. Never knew they were invented.

Bacon. I finally gave up and acknowledged that it is indeed the greatest vegetable of them all.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Bacon. I finally gave up and acknowledged that it is indeed the greatest vegetable of them all.
    Bacon is a member of ALL food groups.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.