Quote Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
    That's definitely not an accurate TLDR. I'm as outspoken as anybody about the constraints of MW, but this is the type of response the devs point to when chastising the player base.
    you don't know mistweaver developer progression AT ALL if you havn't followed how they have tweaked our spec over the years AT ALL LOESDGFOlvfdgzsjnikhbgf nikjheagtinueht snibjfry1hg2h3YQG4
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    Still Not sure if i want the Ap grind again for a decent class like shaman. No utility or fistweaving, awful t20 Bonus, no changes on mana reg or the useless sheilun skill... All we have is the unicorn thing

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    you don't know mistweaver developer progression AT ALL if you havn't followed how they have tweaked our spec over the years AT ALL LOESDGFOlvfdgzsjnikhbgf nikjheagtinueht snibjfry1hg2h3YQG4
    I have no idea what you meant, but it's a clear deflection from my initial point. There is a lot more to the post than what you pointed out and, as such, your summary is completely disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrasil View Post
    Still Not sure if i want the Ap grind again for a decent class like shaman. No utility or fistweaving, awful t20 Bonus, no changes on mana reg or the useless sheilun skill... All we have is the unicorn thing
    Watching my roommate play his R Shaman or my gf play her Blood DK is like watching someone play the full version when all you got is the demo.

Dropping Gorefiend's Grasp or Wind Rush Totem, dying by accident and getting a re-do with Reincarnate, battle rez w/ Raise Ally, Path of Frost even shit like runeforging or their ranged kicks. As MW I'm consistently jealous of things like Earthen Shield Totem and Spirit Link Totem. Not to mention their class order halls have thought and care put into them instead of just being the Panda starter zone with barely any changes.

Once you boost to 100 and see the Shaman order hall and that there's a puzzle area, a pet battle area, a daily for champion arms and how sick it looks you will honestly regret ruining your Legion experience by playing a MW monk

Idk, I already rerolled, I just wanted to see what people thought of the Dev response to put a CD on EF because we use it too much. No word on anything else that was mentioned at all, just that they might buff Rising Thunder? Great. Glad I got ahead of the curve here by rerolling early.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SecSeibzehn View Post
    Watching my roommate play his R Shaman or my gf play her Blood DK is like watching someone play the full version when all you got is the demo.

Dropping Gorefiend's Grasp or Wind Rush Totem, dying by accident and getting a re-do with Reincarnate, battle rez w/ Raise Ally, Path of Frost even shit like runeforging or their ranged kicks. As MW I'm consistently jealous of things like Earthen Shield Totem and Spirit Link Totem. Not to mention their class order halls have thought and care put into them instead of just being the Panda starter zone with barely any changes.

Once you boost to 100 and see the Shaman order hall and that there's a puzzle area, a pet battle area, a daily for champion arms and how sick it looks you will honestly regret ruining your Legion experience by playing a MW monk

Idk, I already rerolled, I just wanted to see what people thought of the Dev response to put a CD on EF because we use it too much. No word on anything else that was mentioned at all, just that they might buff Rising Thunder? Great. Glad I got ahead of the curve here by rerolling early.
    One sleepless Night later i got a 110 Shaman (he was already 100 at the start of legion) with a titanforged Aracanocrystal, thx jimmy. Now i have to tell my Raidlead about it and got to spend a nice Sunday with my slightly angry GF.

It comes with a price though.. Shamans have utility, but they are the worst healers in terms of HPS.

Which is supposed to be our complete opposite... we have no utility and should be top HPS.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    they arent even bad at hps under the right circumstances. the overall #1 healer for nighthold mythic is a korean resto shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It comes with a price though.. Shamans have utility, but they are the worst healers in terms of HPS.

Which is supposed to be our complete opposite... we have no utility and should be top HPS.
    When i look at the logs i see MW´s are lower HPS wise than Shamans. But i guess you were one of those that doesnt understand how to read statistics.

Deleted
    If MW would be given relevant utility tools that would have huge consequences on game balance and how the fights are built for Nighthold and ToS. That is never going to happen since the lack of utility is a problem for few thousand mythic MWs.
    So what do you expect dev to say? “We know that you need to have utility tools to be on par with other healer but we have not the time to do it so you must reroll or slow down your mythic guild progress”.

The mana issue is also only a mythic raiding issue and is due to our soothing mist tool. The soothing mist should be removed and mana cost of our spells need to be re-tuned. But even for that the number of healer affected by this problem is so low that it is not worth the effort (from a business perspective).
    They will address the spam EF/mana tea build and revamp our mastery probably for 7.3 and that’s all for Legion. At least we now know it.

If you aiming to heal at a competitive level then you should reroll. Do not waste your time with AP and legendaries grind with your MWs. It is sad, the absence of MW in mythic raiding will have consequences on MW reputation for the other environment but we cannot do more than we have done so far in term of feedback.

lack of utility wouldn't be an issue if we went back to being the healer who does the most hps. if they buffed our hps enough (i think 20-25% would be what is needed) then people would take our spec just because it would do insane healing, that's all.

honestly outside of CR what do resto druids bring? feral affinity? 2 min tranq? both those talents are not 100% used on every fight. what do holy priests bring? symbols of hope? that's it. these specs are brought 100% because of their hps potential, not because of their utility. IMO the most elegant solution would be to have our mastery apply a flat healing % increase to every ability/spell by 6% of the overall gust of mist value ie, 400% mastery = 24% healing increase applied to every ability/spell). right now our mastery ignores probably 85-90% of our output.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslock View Post
    Hey guys,

My raid group is struggling with Normal NH and a few of my raiders feel like they are under proforming for their item lvl. In this case its our MW monk hes doing great on the healing meter but wants to see if theres something he can do to get the most out of his healer. Any suggestions would be awesome.

log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing

armory: Wouldnt do any good due to him being in the wrong spec right now.
    Posting my recent Parse as an example.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...DtZmTd#fight=1

Note that I am sadly responsible for tank heals so not a one for one comparison. I'd say more Essence Fonts especially is he is raid healing. Make sure to use those with Mana Tea to reduce mana cost.

Mana Tea Talent
    Instant 1.5 min cooldown
    Requires Monk (Mistweaver)
    Requires level 100
    Reduces the mana cost of your spells by 50% for 10 sec.

He should be able to get 4 cast of EF in that timeframe. He may also want to drop the mirror trinket as it is not great for MW. Finally have him check out the Monk Discord channel.

https://discord.gg/0dkfBMAxzTkWj21F

It has helped me out quite a bit. I am no expert on Monk healing as I just picked it up this expac but I am doing fairly well and having fun.
    Last edited by Hamacus; 2017-02-20 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    lack of utility wouldn't be an issue if we went back to being the healer who does the most hps. if they buffed our hps enough (i think 20-25% would be what is needed) then people would take our spec just because it would do insane healing, that's all.

honestly outside of CR what do resto druids bring? feral affinity? 2 min tranq? both those talents are not 100% used on every fight. what do holy priests bring? symbols of hope? that's it. these specs are brought 100% because of their hps potential, not because of their utility. IMO the most elegant solution would be to have our mastery apply a flat healing % increase to every ability/spell by 6% of the overall gust of mist value ie, 400% mastery = 24% healing increase applied to every ability/spell). right now our mastery ignores probably 85-90% of our output.
    Mastery is counted as points. 400 mastery would be almost 31 points, 8 baseline and 23 from gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleriaX View Post
    When i look at the logs i see MW´s are lower HPS wise than Shamans. But i guess you were one of those that doesnt understand how to read statistics.
    Depends the percentile you use, and yes I know how to read statistics.

And the utility debate is really not as important as some people think it is. Beside battle rez, which can be done by a lot of other people, I don't really use much of my "utility" as a resto druid.. the occasional "tank is dead, go tank" is not why I am playing a druid on mythic right now, but because it does more healing. Stampeding roar was the only real "utility" but it was pruned and gave to shamans. Vortez and typhoon? Well, leg sweep is more useful IMO. If we were like in HFC top on Raw HPS, nobody would talk about issues. The "utility" is much more useful in Mythic+ than raids TBH.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO the most elegant solution would be to have our mastery apply a flat healing % increase to every ability/spell by 6% of the overall gust of mist value ie, 400% mastery = 24% healing increase applied to every ability/spell). right now our mastery ignores probably 85-90% of our output.
    Wouldn't that transform mastery into versatility? Might as well transform our mastery into multistrike at that point.

And for the rest of your post, at least on my druids, I can use ALL talents.. it's not the case for mistweavers. JSS/RJW are never good options, and RT/FT too at the moment. On my druid, I swap between 2 min tranq and other hots all the time at least, not so much on the lvl 100 talents, that's pretty much set in stone like mistweavers.

If the talent row would be 2 min Revival / Chi-Ji / RJW with a lower mana cost, that would be a choice.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2017-02-20 at 07:20 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    the way your heals work is "utility" too and rejuv is no doubt more versatile than essence font 8S

Not considering Innervate as utility. trololol. But you are right, if you ignore probably the best raid cd in the game and ignore some other ones like innervate the utility on druid side isnt that great.
    I like your way of arguing to be honest. I just ate the best meal i ever had, it was super tasty and healthy, but when i ignore that this was super tasty and healthy it wasnt that special anymore....!
    And it certainly is rare, but sometimes a restro druid in bear form can offtank and save the day.

And when you go to the mythic+ section of utility you need to name Travel Form. Seems like no big deal at first, but i never found it so easy to keep up with the group with any other healer i played. Holy Priest, Pala, Mistweaver. Travel Form is so unbelievable great. No cast time for mount, can carry one teammate, fast in every situation.
    Last edited by TeleriaX; 2017-02-20 at 08:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Depends the percentile you use, and yes I know how to read statistics.

And the utility debate is really not as important as some people think it is. Beside battle rez, which can be done by a lot of other people, I don't really use much of my "utility" as a resto druid.. the occasional "tank is dead, go tank" is not why I am playing a druid on mythic right now, but because it does more healing. Stampeding roar was the only real "utility" but it was pruned and gave to shamans. Vortez and typhoon? Well, leg sweep is more useful IMO. If we were like in HFC top on Raw HPS, nobody would talk about issues. The "utility" is much more useful in Mythic+ than raids TBH.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't that transform mastery into versatility? Might as well transform our mastery into multistrike at that point.

And for the rest of your post, at least on my druids, I can use ALL talents.. it's not the case for mistweavers. JSS/RJW are never good options, and RT/FT too at the moment. On my druid, I swap between 2 min tranq and other hots all the time at least, not so much on the lvl 100 talents, that's pretty much set in stone like mistweavers.

If the talent row would be 2 min Revival / Chi-Ji / RJW with a lower mana cost, that would be a choice.
    This is biased. if you look at min and max. you could see bad mws left this spec. This 75% ranking is pointless

- - - Updated - - -

That is versatility
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-02-21 at 02:40 AM.

I have the trinket legendary (Velen's Future Sight) and for my second trinket I am trying to decide whether it's better to use Heightened Senses (885) or Perfectly Preserved Cake (also 885). Any opinions would be appreciated.
    -------------
    "Legs in the air like I just don't care!"
    Mist It Like You Mean It (Mistweaver Blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Grofu View Post
    I have the trinket legendary (Velen's Future Sight) and for my second trinket I am trying to decide whether it's better to use Heightened Senses (885) or Perfectly Preserved Cake (also 885). Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Cake, no question.

Deleted
    that cake active alone is ~27k hps

I got 870 Brinewater with Versatility, 875 Star Augur Trinket, 880 Heightened Sense, and the 865 Alchemist Stone. Should i run with Augur trinket and Brinewater?