Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    nothing really stands out to me, the game is the same grind for loot that its always been, you just get more chances.

legendaries don't bother me so much, plenty of time to get the ones I want.
    RNG doesn't bother me, its no more or less RNG than it was in the past. I find the wf/tf drops brings back a small element of uncertainty in the loot gathering, your never entirely sure if an item is going to be base or higher. it makes gearing less linear and more dynamic.

theres more fun in surprises than getting what you expect every single time.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-19 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries and the mastery/paragon traits are about equally bad

The multiple layers of RNG...

10+ Year Old Account
    The endless grind.

Grind for AP
    Grind for more AP because they made AK 25 the new zero in 7.2
    Grind for honour "levels" that need to be reset every so many
    Grind for rng procs on professions
    Grind for flight
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Probably WF/TF and Legendaries. It's the same problem really, makes you unable to target specific piece of gear you'd be going for, and instead makes you either rely on pure luck or farm the most farmable content.

That, plus I prefered Legendaries to have some sort of mythos attached to them, like Warglaives or Sulfuras did, rather than being just another item.

Artifact power.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Itemization and RNG
    Multiple difficulties as "different content"
    Useless crafting
    Endless grinding because of RNG itemization and AP
    Insane power creep
    Trivial world content

Take your pick

Mythic+, and the extreme titanforge system.

It was fine and served its purpose in WoD, and didn't completely fuck over the entire raid structure.

Endless repetitive content.

Can I name a few from the worst to the bad?

-Legendaries
    -TF/WF
    -traits that require millions of AP

The whole point of the legendary/ap system is that you can progress endlessly(almost) and I like it. I have 6 legendaries on my main and neither of them are bis, this means i have something to strive for and since i've gotten most of the bad ones out of the way so getting a good one next is quite likely. I don't see whats bad with the system. And if you don't like grinding AP at all you're probably around 45-50 traits which is fine for someone that plays the game casual.

If I had to choose between Legion and WoD, which was a total snoozefest, i'd choose Legion any day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Artifact Power, I much prefer previous gearing/progression systems (having a weapon with some kind of lore behind it is kinda cool for the first few weeks, it gets boring fast, and it simply isn't enough to justify the grind for me anymore).

Legendaries, without a doubt, I can take anything else, the Warforge, the Titanforge. But gating me out of SIGNIFICANT DPS gains with thise legendary system is horrible design.

The Emerald Nightmare part of Balance of Power quest.

The legendaries are the worst implemented feature for sure but its hard to compare anything in Legion to WoD and say its bad. I quite like the idea of getting the legendaries, but the fact that there is no balance between them and no way to choose which one you get leaves something to be desired.

It may very well be the poorest system they have ever implemented in the modern era, but it can be fixed EASILY. Its just too late to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the amount of rng and no decent char progression outside of instances. one again its expansion only tailored for mythic raiders. and will fail just like wod did.
    No decent character progression outside of instances, aside from world quests being a significant source of Artifact power, world bosses dropping BIS trinkets for many specs, and the everlooming chance at an explosive titanforge from the gear rewards from worldquests and emissaries?

What more would you like? A raid that just takes place outdoors?

Nonsense that you would dare compare this expansion to WoD. Its quite literally the exact opposite of WoD in almost every way.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The zones. Nightmare to navigate on foot and they're not really all that interesting. Level scaling means you can't just run past mobs that daze you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Probably WF/TF and Legendaries. It's the same problem really, makes you unable to target specific piece of gear you'd be going for, and instead makes you either rely on pure luck or farm the most farmable content.

That, plus I prefered Legendaries to have some sort of mythos attached to them, like Warglaives or Sulfuras did, rather than being just another item.
    Titanforging is just a bonus. You still target the piece you want and occasionally it will be slightly better and rarely dramatically better. There is no negative roll to it. You always get the piece at least as strong as it should be so you can still plan for a bis set easily.

The Legendaries complicate this though for sure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    The Emerald Nightmare part of Balance of Power quest.
    That's been fixed, thank god. Got all 30 essences from a single heroic clear this week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Legion: TOO MUCH TO DO

Posters on this forum who purposefully misinterpreted opinions by leaving out the majority of relevant information are worse though.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    The whiny players.
    Cata: TOO MANY DAILIES
    WoD: NOTHING TO DO
    Legion: TOO MUCH TO DO
    Sadly, this has been the worst part of the game since TBC. Every thing that fixes one problem creates a different one and people can't recognize that one year prior they were complaining about the exact opposite.
    People say "blizzard are ruining the game" but in reality they are just responding to the chief complaints about previous development, and develop it in a way that by the time its testable by the player (who then complains again) they are already committed to it as a selling point for the expansion.

Good bet for 8.0 is artifact systems gutted or changed completely, Mythic+ dungeons losing their focus and shifting the tech elsewhere, and yet another whole new idea for legendaries. All because people complain, as is evident in this very thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Posters on this forum who purposefully misinterpreted opinions by leaving out the majority of relevant information are worse though.
    He is entirely right, don't act like he isn't. Its a sarcastic way to put it, but its the truth. This time last year everyone was like "THERES NOTHING TO DO EXCEPT FACEBOOK GAMES LOL WOD" and now everyones complaining about "RNG" and "Repetitive content."

I WISH I was diligent enough to bookmark these threads, because I fucking guarantee there is at least 1 person complaining about something in this thread that is the antithesis to something they already complained about during WoD. I'd love to make a list of all those types of complaints and show Blizzard why they are never going to win.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    ONEAzerothTV